Thread of the Ped
  • perhaps he thinks going with younger girls will keep him young, he dont like the idea of getting old. But he will get old, and ifhe keeps acting the same he will be called a dirty old man.

Could be worse.

Oh wait it was
  • g.man wrote:
    Which one is you? :D

He was too hirsute for my innocent tastes.
  • haha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • In the pod thread?

Oic
  • http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/top-tory-leon-brittan-photographed-5037869

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/leon-brittan-abused-children-westminster-5038101

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/leon-brittan-ex-labour-mp-barbara-5038069

The period of respectful silence seems to be over, rather quickly you'd have to say. I'm sure anyone with an Internet connection would have read something implying misgiving's about Brittan so it's hardly surprising. No doubt it'll be ignored and the inquiry will continue to limp along in shambolic fashion.
  • It might be easier now they only have to respect a dead person, who'd find it harder to litigate (cf: saville)
  • Normally wouldn't comment, but I couldn't resist an excuse to post this:

• This is literally too good to be true (apart from for the victims, obvs).
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Ridiculous.

Almost as ridiculous as Simon Pegg's appearance as potential botherer in the '74 version of Swallows & Amazons.  Skip to 29 mins.

Rife in the 70s, apparently.
  • Key Westminster figures from the 1970s and 1980s have been named in a series of Government child abuse documents.

After months of requests from Sky News the Government has revealed that papers exist that relate to Margaret Thatcher's former parliamentary secretary the late Sir Peter Morrison, former Home Secretary Leon Brittan, former diplomat the late Sir Peter Hayman and former minister the late Sir William van Straubenzee.

In January Sky News forced the Government to release the details of a file prepared for Mrs Thatcher's office on the 'unnatural sexual' behaviours of one of the men Sir Peter Hayman.

The new batch of file names reveal there were further Government papers relating to the former MI6 man and career diplomat.

The revelation comes after the Wanless and Whittam review of Government papers last year that failed to find many of the relevant abuse files held by Government departments.

The Cabinet Office apologised for the 'flaw' in the way they responded to the request for information.

Permanent Secretary Richard Heaton wrote to Whittam and Wanless in May saying: " I deeply regret that the Cabinet Office failed to identify the papers in question when you first asked for them."

The papers also reveal that the Kincora children's home in Northern Ireland was at the heart of further correspondence involving the security services.

Allegations of abuse and trafficking of children to England have centred on the home in Belfast.

The papers reveal former intelligence officer Colin Wallace raised concerns about abuse at Kincora - the papers had been stored by the Cabinet Office.

The contents of the papers have still not been revealed but have been shared with the police and will be passed to the Child Abuse Inquiry led by Justice Lowell Goddard.
    http://news.sky.com/story/1523577/key-westminster-figures-in-child-abuse-documents
  • Wow, there was actually a papertrail that hadn't been shredded? Someone's getting fire for that.
  • Skimread Kincora as Acorah.

Would surprise no one though innit.
  • djchump wrote:
    Wow, there was actually a papertrail that hadn't been shredded? Someone's getting fire for that.

Now the men in question are all safely dead, those files have somehow magically reappeared, after eluding the very thorough search process that no doubt involved hunting high and low across Whitehall and a ruthless commitment to find them.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Skimread Kincora as Acorah. Would surprise no one though innit.

Must be why Sam left him.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Edward Heath?!?!
  • No wonder the Tories moved to the right of him.
  • Heath's been rumoured for yonks.

Although I didn't actually expect any of it to be substantiated.

I'm thinking of cashing in on the recent wave of Establishment child abuse with my new Westminster-branded version of Cluedo, entitled Peado. You have to guess which former British politician is guilty of child abuse from a list of 1970's & 80's household names.

"The Rt. Hon Edward Heath, in the Jersey carehome, with the gimp mask?"

"No, wrong I'm afraid ... it was of course, the Rt. Hon Leon Brittan, in the jacuzzi, with the local party members son!"

Good, clean family fun.

EDIT: The board game, not the actual abuse. That's less family friendly.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Don't discount the possibility of emergent gameplay.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Skimread Kincora as Acorah. Would surprise no one though innit.

Kincora is at the end of the road I live on. Not 5mins away on foot. It is supposed to be office space now but no-one has taken up the offer.....has been empty for years.

I'm wondering in this modern age if forensic evidence is still there. Doubt it is needed - Kincora was monitored by security forces for years. But then files can be lost.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Time for you to go all Famous Five...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Indeed.

The Kincora story is a tangled web that climbs pretty high up the social tree. Lord Louis Mountbatten gets a mention in its context from time to time. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Heath thing proves to have some credence that it features....

What is incredible is that such goings on (no matter who they were) went on hidden in plain sight (which seems to be an emerging feature of this whole subject). The building is on a main arterial road into the heart of Belfast. My road intersects with this road and the building is on the junction - not much over 2 miles from the City Centre and closer still to Stormont (NI Parliament), and the RUC (police) HQ.

Of course back in the day, Belfast was a different place and traffic after dark and general travel around Belfast was at a lower level due to the situation. And checkpoints on roads - main or otherwise - were commonplace - I wonder how many times specified cars were waved on through.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    TFF.png

If memory serves, I broke-in via the French doors at the back.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    kincora.jpg

Facing North - Kincora.

To the East lies Stormont the seat of Parliament (1.5 miles).
    stormont.jpg

To the North is the Police HQ (1mile).
    _80139877_psnihq.jpg

To the West lies City Hall (2miles).
    belfastcityhall01.jpg

To the South lies davyK's house...

Oh dear.

(Note the yellow "urban clearway" / control zone sign in the Kincora pic - a common site in Belfast. No parking was allowed on many roads and streets as a measure against car bombs. When I first went to England as a student I found parked cars at night on main roads quite disconcerting - bless me). Many of these still remain but are more about traffic flow management now thankfully. There's one outside my house actually.

Oh...and about 3.5miles away is Palace Barracks - the British Army's main base in the area. And there's Ladas Drive Police Station about 1.5miles away (which is mostly underground - was to be a key location in a post nuclear conflict). Plus Orangefield Police Station is about half a mile away from this spot. This all happened within a few miles of these establishments. Fucking unbelievable.....and Kincora backs onto the grounds of a Primary school.....

Oh...and if that isn't enough, it is a couple of 100metres away from a famous Belfast Street called Cyprus Avenue. (Van Morrisson penned a song about it - he grew up within spitting distance). Rev. Ian Paisley lived on that street up until he died - just a few 100m from my doorstep. It's a beautiful street - one of the premier addresses in Belfast. The security presence in that area during the 70s-80s while Paisley was there would have been considerable. Most prevalent politicians then had personal protection backed up by security forces.

3182249_b2409d9d.jpg
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Reminds me of Hawthorn.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • When I type "pedophil" on my phone the best word suggestion Android can come up with is "or do phi or" followed by "led on hold".
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    What happens with "paedophil"?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    You tell me.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    paid offal
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!