myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Will have a look at that list today Moot, and at my bank account.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Also found a handful of boxes: Warioware, Gunstar Heroes, Minish Cap, Mario Kart, Kuru Kuru Kururin and Astro Boy. Squashed and a bit tatty but deep in a bag away from the elements.
    Any chance you could take a picture of those? And is that box only, or also manual? Gonna take a good look at the list, my wanted list, and ebay sold / pricecharting. Gonna ignore the bank account bit for now.

Can dm you my email / phone number if that's an easier way to upload a picture.
  • Someone's listed a really nice set of the DKC Trilogy for SFC

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363169998864
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Whatsapp is the easiest way to send pics Nina, I'm not the best at image hosting etc.
  • I'd consider the boxes as a bonus rather than part of the pricing though, they're not exactly pristine....
  • Someone's listed a really nice set of the DKC Trilogy for SFC

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363169998864

Seems reasonably priced too!

Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The same seller has some other nice stuff on offer too. That Area 88 looks a bit cheap for the condition. Maybe I'm just over-suspicious...
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ey I have these things of which you speak

VQ3dfMF.jpg
  • We've found our seller! Deffo dodgy davy
  • Safety wink ;)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've got this *checks* copy of Stadium Events for the New for a fiver to you from honest reg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It's you @regmcfly? Really?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    No, it isn't me. I've culled my stuff down enough to what I want to keep and they are all on the list.

Just wanted to show off some of my SFC collection :)

Please note the F Zero and Actraiser too
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Heh. :)

I'm going to move some of my SNES games to SFC. Going to be selective though. Aleady have SMK but I'd like to convert the Nintendo 1st party ones : F-Zero, SMW, YI and All Stars would be nice. I have US-NTSC Pilotwings so I may content myself with that. I have US F-Zero but it's cart only.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, I did that for the SNES I had, gave the PAL one back to the forumite who donated it to me and changed all my PAL games to JP ones. I've still got two N64s though, PAL and JP, and not much crossover of games- I guess that was the era when there was more text in games making it harder to play - Banjo Kazooie needs Grunty's rhymes.

Quite why I have a JP copy of Wonder Project J2 though I don't know.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Most of my N64 games are now JP. 

Still have PAL Mystical Ninja 2, BAM2 , New Tetris , Tetrisphere and Pokemon Puzzle League. They are CIB. I have US versions of BAM2, New Tetris and Tetrisphere as there are no JP versions of those.

If I upgrade Mystical Ninja 2 it would be US cart only and I'd keep the PAL boxed version for the shelf. Same with Pokemon Puzzle League.

PAL Mystical Ninja 2 for N64 is in really nice condition and worth a lot. I've been tempted this last while to sell it. It's such a gloriously bonkers game though.

HOO1XZB.jpg
  • davyK wrote:
    PAL Mystical Ninja 2 for N64 is in really nice condition and worth a lot. I've been tempted this last while to sell it. It's such a gloriously bonkers game though.

That's sacrilegious, you can't break up a set :-(
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK wrote:

That's sacrilegious, you can't break up a set :-(
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I don't have the 1st game on N64 - I wrote it off as a Mario 64 wannabe at the time. I've heard it is quite a good game though...I have the PAL SNES game in similar condition. Don't have the heart to sell it. Absolutely loved it on SNES. Bought it blind and was blown away by it.

Ieg06tu.jpg
  • I have the Japanese version of 1st Mystical Ninja. Go me.

But, the save screen was a nightmare. Not too bad in today's age of camera phones but back then ....
  • I copied aload of games to my snes mini. Shame the control pad wire is so short puts me off from playing as i cant sit in my favourite sofa spot and play.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    I have the Japanese version of 1st Mystical Ninja. Go me. But, the save screen was a nightmare. Not too bad in today's age of camera phones but back then ....

:)
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    I copied aload of games to my snes mini. Shame the control pad wire is so short puts me off from playing as i cant sit in my favourite sofa spot and play.

I got a couple of extensions off eBay for a couple of quid, they work perfectly, no lag etc.

Well worth it.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Went back to Rondo of Blood over the weekend. Jesus that game is hard. Level 3 with the minotaur boss is painful.

I think my skills have fallen off a cliff of late. I used to be pretty good at 2D platforming but I'm useless now - even going back to early SMB games can be painful for me now.  I've managed 1CCs in shmups this year (Gigawing and Darius Gaiden) but seemingly at a cost...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    I copied aload of games to my snes mini. Shame the control pad wire is so short puts me off from playing as i cant sit in my favourite sofa spot and play.
    That is what has put me off the minis.
    I got a couple of extensions off eBay for a couple of quid, they work perfectly, no lag etc. Well worth it.
    Oh I say.
  • I'll take a few snaps of my setup later to share.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Main setup with the kallax unit I picked up recently after seeing @davyK' setup. All the drawers have pads etc in them.
    iKqOB7C.jpg

Few books that I have so far. Chris Scullion is writing a Mega Drive book next year which I'll add and there's also a few other Anthology books I'm after.
    0yUQLNa.jpg

The retro shelf of emulation. 4 mini's plus an RGB modded NTSC N64 with a HDMI RAD2X by RetroTINK and an Everdrive X7.
    V5Bu3RW.jpg
    Y4Mhnvm.jpg

The PlayStation shelf, mini and PSVR unit on the top with a PS3 and PS4 below.
    mCMYqwM.jpg

Switch is just off to the right side
    N74UWSQ.jpg

The Wii U has a shelf to itself atm. I'm hoping for a few more Switch re-release so I can offload it, then do something else with the shelf.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Liking those glass shelves. And you don't need clearance with the N64 because you have an everdrive in there. :)
  • Exactly :-D
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Took delivery of a nice copy of JP Pop n Twinbee for SNES yesterday. I had this in PAL but it was a clearout victim. The box was pretty battered and the manual was missing so it was always one I was going to get again. It's a solid 2D vertical shmup but in pastel shading with cute enemies. I believe this series was done by the team who left Konami and formed Treasure.

Nice condition overall though the box is slightly bowed at the sides and has some creasing at one end. Still solid though and good enough for my shelf. Decent price too as this one is appreciating.

It has some interesting 2 player mechanics - you can top up the other player's energy bar from your own and you can also grab the other player and throw him around the screen which can be used like a bomb. Has a "couple" mode where player 1 draws all the fire so a novice an play along in 2P. :)

Konami peaked on the SNES - they were gold on that console - this is just typical of the quality stuff they were doing then.

popntwinbee.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!