Currently Playing
  • Playing Firewatch. Very enjoyable so far. I am particularly impressed by how much you feel you are inhabiting a body. There is a weight to things. And for once looking at your own legs and body doesn't appear silly.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Just bought Firewatch last night. Been looking forward to playing it for ages.
  • It's a gorgeous looking game and sets things up really well for story purposes. Not sure how it plays out yet but the start is very smart and effective story telling.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I enjoyed it all. How a walking sim should be made, it's obviously more than that though. Will be in my top 5 GOTY
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I enjoyed it all. How a walking sim should be made, it's obviously more than that though. Will be in my top 5 GOTY

Good man.
  • I've just completed Titanfall2 and wanted to squeeze in a shortish game in the pile before last guardian arrives.  I got the new cod cheap and generally enjoy a single player blast through around this time of year.

Unfortunately it's a crock of horse shit.  I'm not sure whether T2's wonderful movement system and new idea every level ethos has spoiled me or if it's a mechanically poor COD.  It's awful and has now changed my cod rule of just avoiding the treyarch deved ones to only buying the IW ones from now on.  The faces in the cutscenes are amazing still though. Almost, almost perfect.

It also makes that stupid mistake off of the PS1 and 2 days of using pre-rendered cutscenes that look astounding compared to the main game.  I thought we'd moved that shit into the past?
  • Ori and the Blind Forest. Beautiful game. 
    I must admit i am getting a little miffed at the unreachable areas because I'm not sure if I'm shit now or i will be getting some power up that will allow me to get to these areas later. 
    Spoiler:
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Bound, PS4. Surprisingly good so far. Picked it up in sale after decent review in Edge. Kinda obvious from the start what the game is about but I'm hoping the theme/'plot' is told and revealed in a relatively ok manner.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Arkham Knight. It'd be a really good game if they didn't keep interrupting it with mandatory shitty cartank sections. It's even a pretty fun vehicle, it's just most the bits of the main story using it are tedious because they're just on the wrong side of too difficult.
  • dead rising 3 really enjoying it. Picked it up on a steam sale. Played a few hours and have killed 3,500 zombies all whilst dressed as Ken masters frm Street fighter whilst wearing mma gloves with shards of metal in them. That and lots of melee weapons. It's alot of fun.

Don't normally do pc gaming, maxed all the graphical settings for the game and my rig is handling it fine which is a nice surprise.
  • I'm doing Fallout 4 now because I'm on the final battle with the Arkham Knight and every time you fight him they make it less fun, more tedious and easier to die so you have to sit through the slow-ass loading screens again. Fuck whoever thought it was a good idea, though it is kind of amusing to see a game named after what are by far it's weakest sections.

The Batmobile wasn't a bad idea, the Riddler challenges (where you solve puzzles with it, not the fucking races) are pretty good and a few light tank battles break things up nicely. Hell, I won't even commission about the shitty Firefly missions because they're optional. But exclusively doing the major boss battles with it ruins the game.
  • I hated the batmobile stuff in Arkham Knight. Much preferred the Metroid-ish structure of Askham Asylum. I've never completed the entire riddler challenges in any of the three games. The side missions in Arkham Knight were better then the main storyline.
  • AA was perfect sequels where always going to be surplus to requirements and weak sauce - especially when they went down the open world route
    The Forum Herald™
  • Final Fantasy XV which has gone from decent, to good, to incredible to god-awful. Still not finished though, so there's time for improvement.
  • Or to get even worse...

Bob wrote:
    AA was perfect sequels where always going to be surplus to requirements and weak sauce - especially when they went down the open world route

I dunno, if they spent the time they did trying to shoehorn in reasons for the Batmobile to exist on creating interesting uses for the open world, I think Knight could have been an equal.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Final Fantasy XV which has gone from decent, to good, to incredible to god-awful. Still not finished though, so there's time for improvement.

Sounds like a game with personality in the truest sense.
  • AJ wrote:
    Or to get even worse...
    AA was perfect sequels where always going to be surplus to requirements and weak sauce - especially when they went down the open world route
    I dunno, if they spent the time they did trying to shoehorn in reasons for the Batmobile to exist on creating interesting uses for the open world, I think Knight could have been an equal.

I think they got overly obssessed with Arkham. They already had Batman so they didn't really need to shoe horn Arkham into everything.

Open world doesn't improve everything but was very much flavour of the month at the time.

Working through the Asylum working out the bits you couldn't do until later and the whole giant puzzle of the place coming together and apart to open up new bits was perfect and not very well served by an open world.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I dunno, works okay, that's basically the Zelda template. I think the troubles were more conceptual; they were worried about breaking what they had so just kept adding to it, rather than shaking it up.
  • There's a real feeling of someone (WB?) being too heavy on pleasing the public: "they loved the scarecrow bits, make that a big focus"; "everybody's saying that want to drive the Batmobile, make that feature heavily".
  • But the extra space in City didn't add anything. In fact it detracted from it.

@AJ for sure no one should ever listen to gamers. They don't know what they want until they're given it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Not when it breaks the game, no. And I didn't say anything about not listening to the public, just that following their desires shouldn't override the direction of a game.

Personally, I didn't feel the extra space in City detracted from anything. It did make getting into random scraps when you wanted a fight easier, though, which can't be a bad thing. I won't deny Asylum was better, but I think that's both because it's more focused and weren'ta little hamstrung trying to keep the Arkham in the title.
  • Actually, my bad, there is one way the larger area detracted in City: it was harder to remember where the thing you saw previously that your new gadget deals with was.
  • Been getting a lot of use from my Vita whilst I'm a Celeb has been on and enjoying some slightly older games (I recently purchased both the Ratchet and Clank and Sly Cooper trilogies).

Ratchet and Clank 2

Utter brilliance throughout so far. Amazing weapons, fantastic environments and solid gameplay. It really is gokd fun.

Sly Cooper

It is really nice to play a well made cartoon adventure game again. Controls well, looks fairly nice and has a rather nice gameplay loop of platforming, collecting and combat.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • The Sly Cooper games were the kind of game I really wanted to get into but didn't quite click with me. Shame. But, glad you're enjoying it.
  • Yesterday I spent quite a while playing Solar Jetman.  It's basically Thrust, which was a pleasant surprise.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Thrust and Solar Jetman are in my 100 list. Love Thrust. Love Solar Jetman.  The odd soundtrack is in my head as I type this.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Oxenfree

Not the game I thought it was, but some funky stuff going on.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Some good shit. Horror Goonies. Post your thoughts on the ending.
  • Dishonored 2....

I think i'm shit when it comes to games like this. I just don't have the patience to stealth through everything... I usually begin with this in mind but then find myself either taking too long or being bored.

Decided to stick it on easy and blink through it all guns blazing.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    That's exactly how I play Dishonored. Glorious fun. I've killed about 30 guys per mission so far on my current run through the first again. Fuck increased rats and that, slash those fuckers to death too.

Stealth is shit and dull in all games. ALL GAMES.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!