Currently Playing
  • I played the first... chapter? or so of KRZ back in the day. I really need to play it.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Winter will be perfect to play through it, this game will go great with dark rooms and hot drinks!

It's one big beautiful mood so far.

And thanks Uncle, I shouldn't have too much left so will leave the article for when I'm done.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I played the first... chapter? or so of KRZ back in the day. I really need to play it.

I was even thinking whilst playing it that you’d be able to do a real number on it. There’s stuff there that I really get but lack the practical finesse to get down on paper to make my fleeting dumb dumb thoughts a little more coherent.
  • Good article, early mentions of The Straight Story and Nebraska got my juices flowing.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've been playing New Super Lucky's Tale, for some light relief. It's kinda fun. Nothing too hard really, but mild challenge to get all the things each level. Makes me think maybe I would be up for the Sackboy thing more than I realise :-/...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    ... though I guess that's also astrobot, which might kinda scratch that itch. Any indication of how long it is??
  • I think I read that it takes up 2.5gb, so probably not long.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You had any joy with a preorder, moot? Sackboy at all on your radar??
  • Nothing on Amazon, it's got to be there really cos I'm spending vouchers. Sackboy's a game I'd like to play but it's also something that would effectively cost double the asking price to get the most out of it. It looks built for two or more players and extra pads are silly money. 3D World rerelease will fill the co-op 3D platformer hole.
  • Astro has a five hour campaign I've heard...
  • Wii u emulation roulette!

Massive success: botw, mariokart 8, Mario 3d world.

Massive fail: Mario party 10. (Wii nunchucks fml)

Got metriod prime running through dolphin, but speaking of fml, controller mapping it is.... Yikes.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Ref Prime.
    Remember it isnt a twin stick shooter. I cant remember the exact controls but it may not map well if treated as such.
  • I am sure I'm forgetting some WiiU games.

Smash Bros
    is good and will play absolutely fine on any pad. Its not as good as the Switch version but if you don't have a Switch is fun. Even if to just explore the archive nature of the series.

Pokken
    is a unique fighter that I really should play more of. Again should be fine with any pad as the Pokken specific pad is about as basic as they come (worth it though).

Zelda Twilight Princess HD
    is a great game and the WiiU version should at least give the best starting point.

Wind Waker HD
    I love. I get the issues others have about it not being pure but I think they are outweighed by the general improvements, particularly the Quick Sail.

Hyrule Warriors
    Dynasty Warriors skinned as Zelda but done well. Seems to be one of the better of the series including franchise skins. Its Dynasty Warriors though so don't expect depth. Worth a shot considering its all hooky.

Tekken Tag Tournament
    Same as the other platforms it released on but has some weird Nintendo based costumes/modes iirc.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions.
    Did Reg say this one? Suprised if he didn't.
    JJJJRPG. A bit too much for me but mileage will vary and stands out as being quite unique in the genre.
  • I'll check Pokken, was defo gonna do the other zeldas. 

Looks like I can connect a wii u remote to PC, and I can nab one for $100aus these days.
  • If it works I think that is worth it.
    Both HD Zeldas are improved, Wonderful 101 is playable and aspects of 3D World wont have to be botched.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Liv - didn't mention TMS as I wanted to keep my picks to WiiU exclusives, and that's on Switch now. It is a great tight 20-30 hour JRPG though, which i cleared this year. However, the Switch version has the DLC with it that made levelling up a cinch and I'm not sure Face can access that with his emu. It becomes a lot more tedious without.

Barry Goodman for life tho
  • LivDiv wrote:
    If it works I think that is worth it.
    Both HD Zeldas are improved, Wonderful 101 is playable and aspects of 3D World wont have to be botched.

Yeah, ordered a pre-owned wii u. Win.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Ref Prime.
    Remember it isnt a twin stick shooter. I cant remember the exact controls but it may not map well if treated as such.

Yeah, I knew it would be funky. But even in lock on mode I can't get vertical axis happening.

Need to play more.

• Facewon wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:

Yeah, pre-ordered a wii u. Win.

Come with g if you want to live...
  • ?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Its the thing where it isn't out remember that haha.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:

Yeah, ordered a pre-owned wii u. Win.

If you are getting a system, the games are on mostly massive discounts with some exceptions. I mentioned Project Zero, and although you can get it from the store, the physical was a Nintendo EU Store exclusive. I think it is the most valuable game on the system now as it only came in a special edition.
    The Zeldas are about £20ish on disc, but I believe there were player's choice versions certainly digital for around £17.
    You can pick up some titles for around about a fiver now, so worth doing that. The first Splatoon still has a player base and Mario Maker 1 is the purist's choice due to the gamepad making it easy to design levels.
    If you are getting the system and playing with others, Nintendoland should now be your first pick.
    The eshop is still open and I would recommend Scram Kitty and Affordable Space Adventures from there. The latter also a good co-op game. And NES Remix 1 and 2 as well!

Enjoy!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Monkey Ball Banana Blitz.

And there was me thinking this was a casual game. Christ this game gets tough. The motion controls play a role in this of course but the course designs are brutal in places. Really stuck on one at the minute. Watching a highly skillful speedrun only depressed me more....

Then the damn game expects you to beat it - all 56 levels - without continuing to unlock the last batch of 18 levels.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Its the thing where it isn't out remember that haha.

Oh, now I see what he did. Speed read it and thought he'd quoted without commenting.
  • *runs away giggling*
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Space Giraffe, PC. Still awesome.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Space Giraffe, PC. Still awesome.

Have it on XBL (360) and really enjoyed it - but I needed to spend more time with it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    If you drive around Belfast at the minute there's a chance you will see a Wii remote coming out through a fucking window.

Fucking Monkey Ball Banana Blitz on the fucking Wii with its fucking motion controls.

Fucking World 7 level 5. Fuck. Me.
  • Motion controls. All hail Nintendo 'innovation'.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!