Currently Playing
  • Facewon wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    Lego worlds is rather lovely. Much more interesting than the film tie in Lego games.

Still think City is my favourite.

Which one is city? Is it basically open and an excuse to be minecraft? Or is it like the movie tie
    Ins?

Worlds is great for Ara who doesn't need a challenge and literally finds fun in the simple stuff.

She was enjoying a short hike, but sandbox mode on worlds is even more fun for her.

She's not even building anything. Just messing with characters and roaming the map.

It really is a sandbox. Delightful.

Piano gun is amazing.

If you've the time it's well worth playing on normal mode where you unlock things. Me and Tilly have clocked up well over 100 hours - she really liked the combination of mucking around and unlocking characters and builds. Also just wandering around blowing up everything with the megazooka.
    Just a shame that the gold dragon still seems to be glitched on the ps4 :(
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Yeah, have a second controller ordered. Once we have that, it's on.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Been playing' dat Doom Eternal on the ole Gamepass today, and hooooeeee, it's quite a thing.
    Playing on the BoneX and the tech is just staggering. Looks absolutely mint, and runs at a solid 60fps. Very impressive.
    As far as the gameplay goes, it's like they took Doom2016, and injected it in the dick with adrenaline, then stuffed a wrap of speed up it's ass for good measure. If D2016 was a ballet of bullets, then Doom Eternal is an orgy of ultraviolence. It's just freakin' insane.
    And therein lies the rub, for me anyway. I'm enjoying the hell out of it, but fuck me it's complicated! There are so many different offensive tactics that you have to master in a short space of time, that when you end up in the thick of it, it can be quite bewildering as to which fecking button you should be pressing next.
    I'm old and arthritic, and often times I end up just hitting every button simultaneously in the hope that something I'm trying to land sticks. This is not a game for the long of tooth, and it's the sort of thing I wish I could have had the chance to master half a lifetime ago.
    Still, all that being said, I'm still having crazygoodfun so far, so I'll crack on and see how it goes.
    Well worth a look now it's on Gamepass anyhoo.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • When Hurt Me Plenty feels like it should be called Ultra Violence you know you're getting old. I thought the default settings were properly tough in places.
  • Oh absolutely. You'll not see old g hitting higher than HMP.
  • It's a great game. I'm enjoying it
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Talking of gamepass ... Forza Motorsport 7

My first mainline Forza since probably 4.. what an amazing package. Loving re-visiting Maple valley. An amazing line up of cars even the starting car choice took me a while as so many classic hot hatches to go at..

Turned all the assists off except gearbox. Steering felt heavy on the default. Overall the handling feels a bit understeery and coming off the back of Horizon it's far more punishing for going off track. But still I love circuit racing and this feels way more satisfying than Horizon.

We need a FNF FM7 to sort the men from the boys.

Did they patch out the loot boxes? It's all the Eurogamer review seems to mention but I can't see any.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah they all got patched out, or at least they patched the numbers so your progress isn't as reliant on getting and opening them.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ratchet and Clank on PS4 is great fun so far. One of those games I’ve had for ages played about an hour and was not feeling it. Decided to go back to see if I’d take to the sequel and have to say now some abilities have unlocked it’s great fun. And it runs incredibly well on the Pro.
  • Really enjoyed it apart from the final boss where I gave up. Tools of destruction is still the best - a remaster of that would be sweet.
    The Forum Herald™
  • PS4 one was my first Ratchet. Really enjoyed it, reminded me of Furfighters/MDK2. More straightforward than most big budget games these games, solid shooting.
  • Getting right in stride again with warframe.

Taking up majority of my gaming time.

Posted this in the wf thread, but it's probably good to post here too.

https://youtu.be/gbHFGE4Siow

Pretty good overview of the game and how it plays from someone who did the whole tried it when they got a ps4 and then didn't come back for ages thing.

Its so damn fun, and the grind, which is very very grindy, is also very very fair.

With some pointers from stormy, I'm now at a point where I've got more free frames than I do paid. I'm up to around 9, I think, and I bought 4. The rest, including a prime frame, with another couple in sight, I got through regular play.

The movement and satisfaction from weapons and abilities is second to none.

And the sheer variety of frames and powers and mods to adjust them and factions means that any time you squad up, half the fun is watching other ridic frames/players wrecking shop with bizarre and op powers.

The disco balls from cephalon suda pumping out the doof doof being my personal fave.

So much wtf, so much fun.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm smashing through Gato Roboto. Enjoying it. Bitesize Metroidvania FTW.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm hammering Foregone. Its an absolute blast. Movement is a bit slow at the start but once you start upgrading you're flying. Top marks.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Persona 5 Royal. 90hrs in, it’s ruddy great. Hades. 5hrs in, it’s ruddy great. Smash Switch with the kids. Fucking annoying game.

Still very much this.  Not put much in since last week, work really busy and stuff and other life stuff. :(
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm hammering Foregone. Its an absolute blast. Movement is a bit slow at the start but once you start upgrading you're flying. Top marks.

Ooh that does look good. Available where tho? Not on Steam...

Edit: aah, epic store
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    PS4 one was my first Ratchet. Really enjoyed it, reminded me of Furfighters/MDK2. More straightforward than most big budget games these games, solid shooting.

This is the only R&C I’ve played so I’m sure I’m missing out on some on the nostalgia hit this could have for some, but enjoyable stuff.
  • Will definitely grab Foregone at some point, sounds right up my alley.  Current asking price seems a bit steep though (£27 on Switch iirc).  

Gato Roboto was alright, was hoping for something slightly better though.  I reckon you'd like Kunai Muzzy.
  • To be fair even in the hd remake 1-3 don’t hold up.
    Everything else though is sweet
    The Forum Herald™
  • g.man wrote:
    Been playing' dat Doom Eternal on the ole Gamepass today, and hooooeeee, it's quite a thing. Playing on the BoneX and the tech is just staggering. Looks absolutely mint, and runs at a solid 60fps. Very impressive. As far as the gameplay goes, it's like they took Doom2016, and injected it in the dick with adrenaline, then stuffed a wrap of speed up it's ass for good measure. If D2016 was a ballet of bullets, then Doom Eternal is an orgy of ultraviolence. It's just freakin' insane. And therein lies the rub, for me anyway. I'm enjoying the hell out of it, but fuck me it's complicated! There are so many different offensive tactics that you have to master in a short space of time, that when you end up in the thick of it, it can be quite bewildering as to which fecking button you should be pressing next. I'm old and arthritic, and often times I end up just hitting every button simultaneously in the hope that something I'm trying to land sticks. This is not a game for the long of tooth, and it's the sort of thing I wish I could have had the chance to master half a lifetime ago. Still, all that being said, I'm still having crazygoodfun so far, so I'll crack on and see how it goes. Well worth a look now it's on Gamepass anyhoo.
    Yup, pretty much sums up my own time with it so far. It's absolutely chaotic madness from the very first second. I've loved it so far. Wasn't someone on here saying it sucked? IT DOES NOT!
  • Facewon wrote:

Cracking vid, that. Anyone who's even remotely intrigued by Warframe should check it out.

Edit: And the superb two-part Noclip doc as well.

Edit: Oh, and Skill Up's review.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I reckon you'd like Kunai Muzzy.

Got that free with Amazon a while back - installing now to give it a go!
  • Scout wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Been playing' dat Doom Eternal on the ole Gamepass today, and hooooeeee, it's quite a thing. Playing on the BoneX and the tech is just staggering. Looks absolutely mint, and runs at a solid 60fps. Very impressive. As far as the gameplay goes, it's like they took Doom2016, and injected it in the dick with adrenaline, then stuffed a wrap of speed up it's ass for good measure. If D2016 was a ballet of bullets, then Doom Eternal is an orgy of ultraviolence. It's just freakin' insane. And therein lies the rub, for me anyway. I'm enjoying the hell out of it, but fuck me it's complicated! There are so many different offensive tactics that you have to master in a short space of time, that when you end up in the thick of it, it can be quite bewildering as to which fecking button you should be pressing next. I'm old and arthritic, and often times I end up just hitting every button simultaneously in the hope that something I'm trying to land sticks. This is not a game for the long of tooth, and it's the sort of thing I wish I could have had the chance to master half a lifetime ago. Still, all that being said, I'm still having crazygoodfun so far, so I'll crack on and see how it goes. Well worth a look now it's on Gamepass anyhoo.
    Yup, pretty much sums up my own time with it so far. It's absolutely chaotic madness from the very first second. I've loved it so far. Wasn't someone on here saying it sucked? IT DOES NOT!
    Yeah, I'm still really enjoying it. Eventually had to kick the difficulty down to the complete noob setting, and that's just the right amount of challenge for an old fart like me. I came to have fun and feel like a bad-ass, not be constantly gang raped by the minions of Hell thank you very much. 
    So I'm a few levels in and a lot more confident with the mechanics now (basically I still suck, but I kinda know what I'm doing, and which buttons to press most of the time), and it's a genuinely incredible game. Bosses still suck balls, which pretty much echoes Doom2016. Honestly, how a company can have so many brilliantly implemented ideas, and still not come up with a single decent Boss fight is beyond my comprehension.
    Oh, and The Marauder just turned up. Very much fuck that guy.
  • g.man wrote:
    Oh, and The Marauder just turned up. Very much fuck that guy.

I read your post earlier and thought, wait 'till G faces a Marauder...
  • WHAT FUCKING IDIOT FUCKING DESIGNED THAT FUCKING THING!?
  • He’s the best.
  • Death Stranding

Got this the other day, still early on with it but I really love it so far. The Kojima weirdness is far better suited to this setting than Metal Gear's IMO, I've kinda got fatigued with MGS5 and haven't been compelled to continue tbh. There is some pretty silliness and stuff that really doesn't make sense if you think about it for more than 10 seconds, but the surrealness of it all makes it easy to just go with it and enjoy the atmosphere.

The gameplay in DS is fascinating, really different to most other AAA games. I love the expeditionary feel of searching for routes and assessing risk/reward. Using the map to find a possible sketchy shortcut that avoids several danger areas and getting up there with ropes and ladders to make it a feasible delivery route has been one of the most interesting and coolest gaming experiences yet.

The asynchronous multiplayer aspects are brilliantly done too, just love this kind of thing, hope more game designers are inspired by it. Like as you lay down signs, ladders, ropes for a route you'll start to see a path being worn into the ground, with the busiest parts used by other players becoming very noticeable. It's interesting that this was released before the whole COVID outbreak, as the theme of connecting isolated people and communities is very relevant.

I've avoided as many spoilers as possible so I don't know quite how it will progress, but so far I've been surprised at how action packed it is, I was kinda expecting it to be much slower and more like a chilled walking sim. I'd say the pacing is very well balanced actually, definitely somewhat slower than most action titles, but the more meditative sections are balanced out by such completely mental shit that I think most people would really enjoy this.
  • Will play on ps5
    The Forum Herald™
  • Managed to eviscerate The Marauder and his skanky dug (very much with Moot on this guy) in Doom Eternal. Only took about 8-10 attempts, but then again, I'm playing on noob difficulty. Still enough of a challenge for me though. I'm a couple of levels passed that now, and the campaign remains absolutely stunning. It's right up there with stuff like the Titanfall 2 campaign, and I guess my one worry now is it will overstay it's welcome, unlike Titty2. Doom games have a nasty habit of doing that, but I guess time will tell.
    Quit out last night when I reached The Gladiator, as it was getting late, so I guess I've got getting my ass handed to me again to look forward to tonight.
    Really is great stuff though. Now it's on Gamepass, everyone with a Bone should be having a run through.
    One of the highlights of the gen (so far).
  • Nah, Gladiator is ok. There are a couple of bosses later that will have you cursing and shouting “why oh why bother”

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!