PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Rev wrote:
    I found it good fun, though later fights are a bit silly so I dumped it down to easier difficultly and just enjoyed the ridiculous puzzles.

Noted.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    As per above, current boss is proving tricky in PoP, so I spent my evening checking out random bits of the map I hadn't fully explored. Mainly I found a whole heap of not much, but I did get a doohicky which means my swords now do incrementally more damage.

Evening.

Well.

Spent.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The best kind of doohicky
  • I put most of my doohickys into adding extra wreckage to the swords too.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Fallout 4 (£2.50 delivered from ebay for Xbox woo) - loving it, have they made the graphics better? it looks amazing

There is a patch due but they did apply a fps booster
    The Forum Herald™
  • I started Dave the Diver last night, a game I'm quite keen to like.  I'm not sure if the restaurant menus/research/timed service side of things quite floats my boat though.  

Can someone sum the game up for me pls?  Preferably in a way that makes it sound appealing to me so I'll still play it.  Is it 'just' a really nicely packaged Steamworld Dig/Overcooked hyrbid, or is there more to it?
  • I didn't get it, thought it was bit wank

I'm playing Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, loving both.

Bought dragons dogma dark arisen for £3 that's next
  • Minishoot Adventure is the game I'm currently really enjoying. It's basically A Link to the Past with little space ships and some bullet hell. It's fucking fantastic. Perfect for steamdeck. Anyone else played this??
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I started Dave the Diver last night, a game I'm quite keen to like.  I'm not sure if the restaurant menus/research/timed service side of things quite floats my boat though.  

Can someone sum the game up for me pls?  Preferably in a way that makes it sound appealing to me so I'll still play it.  Is it 'just' a really nicely packaged Steamworld Dig/Overcooked hyrbid, or is there more to it?

I couldn't get on with it. Especially the restaurant bits. I got a refund. Lots of people love it but I found it disjointed and tedious. Apparently it's a big game that just keeps adding more and more busywork as you play. I don't think there's much Steamworld Dig in there mate! And the fun part of Overcooked is the MP and Dave doesn't have that. Probably not for you Moot.
  • Minishoot Adventure is the game I'm currently really enjoying. It's basically A Link to the Past with little space ships and some bullet hell. It's fucking fantastic. Perfect for steamdeck. Anyone else played this??

Muzzy&Moot loved it I think.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Ah cool glad it's getting some recognition.
  • I'm tempted to give it a go, but don't have a Steam Deck or a laptop to really play on.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah check the metroidvaniae thread, moot hasn't played it but I loved it as did Charlie.
  • Djornson wrote:
    I didn't get it, thought it was bit wank

I'm playing Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, loving both.

Bought dragons dogma dark arisen for £3 that's next
    I turned it on saw the pixel characters indicating landfill indie wank and two characters blathering away at each and switched straight off again
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm enjoying dave the diver, it keeps getting better as it goes and adds stuff but it is a bit slow.
    It's my chillout game inbetween destiny 2, helldivers and gt7.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Minishoot Adventure is the game I'm currently really enjoying. It's basically A Link to the Past with little space ships and some bullet hell. It's fucking fantastic. Perfect for steamdeck. Anyone else played this??
    Muzzy&Moot loved it I think.
    I certainly loved it.  unfortunately the ending tails off a fair bit
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I started Dave the Diver last night, a game I'm quite keen to like.  I'm not sure if the restaurant menus/research/timed service side of things quite floats my boat though.  

I couldn't get on with it. Especially the restaurant bits. I got a refund. Lots of people love it but I found it disjointed and tedious. Apparently it's a big game that just keeps adding more and more busywork as you play. I don't think there's much Steamworld Dig in there mate! And the fun part of Overcooked is the MP and Dave doesn't have that. Probably not for you Moot.

Thanks for this, it does sound like something I'd have to force myself to enjoy. I really like the style but the restaurant stuff and busywork is a no for me really. Reminds me of Shakedown Hawaii in a way - I wanted to enjoy the core of the game but there was loads of city management stuff chucked in too.

I'll pick something else.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Price of Persia: The Lost Crown continues to kick the shit out of me. I didn't even die this much in Dark Souls Remastered.
  • Can't remember if I mentioned it previously, but I nabbed a game called Black Skylands either from humble or a steam sale.

Top down action RPG. Sky ships to get around big picture. Guns and semi twinstick shooting when walking around.

Looks lovely, although working out where you can go isn't always perfectly signposted but it's not a deal breaker.

There's a lot of systems. You are base building and upgrading weapons. There's a quite nice bunch of busy work in keeping your ship in good knick which reminds me of the metro games. If your ship is damaged, you have to stop driving, repair a specific spot on the ship and then drive again.

Likewise adding fuel.

Its got a lot of little touches with guns as well. Reload timing, gears style. Weapons upgrades seem fun.

I'm about 5 hours in, apparently.

It doesn't do anything amazing yet, but the sum of its parts so far is a nice little adventure.

May or may not shit the bed, may or may not be huge or small, but so far worth keeping on a radar if it's on switch or you have a pc.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Ok, bit more this morning and the meat of the game is great. Clearing islands of baddies to free the people. Some of the puzzles are nifty, and the map is a good size it seems.

I'm still in please don't shit the bed mode, but so far so good.

I note there's some real low percentage of players on some easy chievos so I reckon a bunch of folks nope out early particularly dealing with the ship controlling. Worth putting up with.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Scrolling beat 'em up fans take note: Jitsu Squad is decent.  I managed to get hold of a cheap copy on PS4 and I'm pretty impressed with it.  It's nowhere near SOR4 level but if you're interested in the genre enough to play the non-goats once in a while it's plenty of fun.  It also looks really nice too, which surprised me as it looked horrendous in screenshots.  No online co-op and, unforgivably, no drop-in co-op either - if you want to play in mp you have to start an mp save slot.  Wait for the kicker: it only has one save slot.  If you can work around these issues it's a solid 7.5 so far. 

JazzFury.gif?t=1670606330

Edit: It's currently half price on Switch (£12.99) but word on the belt scrolling grapevine is it's best to avoid that port.
  • I bought that cheap on Steam Deck a while back but I’ve never loaded it up yet.

Another very interesting and totally worthwhile post brought to you by me…
  • There's an option to unlock everything in the menu. I'd suggest ticking that and smashing through it rather than levelling the character up slowly. I unlocked all the moves by the penultimate chapter but I reckon it would've been more fun to just have everything available from the start. I'm not keen on XP for this sort of thing though, I much prefer basic arcade stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!