Currently Playing
  • It's a side-note to this conversation, but Sniper Elite 5 and Zombie Army 4 are two Game Pass titles that I really enjoyed playing through, which I absolutely would not have bought and I can enjoy with someone else. World War Z and Exoprimal are two others. For me, this is exactly where Game Pass shines. I'm looking down the recently added list and there's nothing like those titles, except maybe Dead Island 2, unless I'm mistaken?

I keep paying for Game Pass as it's almost too good a deal on paper not to, but I'm also not really playing anything on it that actually justifies it. Anyone else in a similar space?
  • Yes. I gave up GP and Plus at the start of the year when the subs ended.

A break is good I think, I've spent the money on various very cheap things that will see me good for a while instead.

That said I just posted this month's GP games in the Xbox thread and there is some goodness there. I think Evil West would fall into that category.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I got 24 months of it with the series x upgrade. I have not played anything on it in a year. Banger.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Yes. I gave up GP and Plus at the start of the year when the subs ended.

A break is good I think, I've spent the money on various very cheap things that will see me good for a while instead.

That said I just posted this month's GP games in the Xbox thread and there is some goodness there. I think Evil West would fall into that category.

Unhelpfully, Evil West was a PSN+ game a month or so back, so there’s little value there for me on this occasion.
  • Ive noticed quite a bit of that in recent months across the two services.
    I guess some publishers are more open to the concept than others and some games more suited so its inevitable.

Iirc The Quarry was on PS+ as well. The Resi Remakes also arrived on both services close together.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I really, really didn't want to get too distracted by side quests in TotK, but I'm currently tracking down various monsters so I can get photographs of them, so a weirdo can make statues.

SEND HELP.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I liked the hot air balloon brothers who were looking for the trinkets those blue cave creatures dropped. Have you found them?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, statue dude is one of those two.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Ah right, I never got to the photo bit. Tbh I only found the camera because there's a point in the main quest that requires it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I got a ton of stuff really late, too. I only just upgraded my batteries, and I'm 70+ hours in.
  • Can’t recall
    Now who recommended AC:Mirage but so far it’s hilariously bad. Completed the prologue which commits every sin under the AC pre-Origins sun only to
    Be followed by the start where a deer hilariously collides with me cos they’re famous for not being shy and running into
    Humans every chance they get.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Standard
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Not me, I've only played about five minutes of it, having purchased on somebody else's rec!
  • Hilariously there’s a bit where it teaches you to call your mount but your mount doesn’t move so you have to go to
    It anyway
    The Forum Herald™
  • If the mount won't come to Basim then Basim must go to the mount.
  • Been doing the odd 9 on Everybody's Golf on the PS4 again. It's not the series highpoint but they do the basics so well. I do miss the lovely "well done/game over" screens at the end of each comp like it had on PS3/PSP.
  • It’s a pity Mario golf on the switch is so wank

Might dig my copy out … is there still online play ? Or was there ever?
    The Forum Herald™
  • On here? Don't think so. 3DS Mario Golf was the peak with badgers.
  • It's got a few online modes on Switch. Definitely a lacklustre installment for me but played in the right way there's still a good game in there. I'd be up for it.
  • Yeah it was ok on 3DS but it still doesn't touch Everybody's golf.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Been doing the odd 9 on Everybody's Golf on the PS4 again. It's not the series highpoint but they do the basics so well. I do miss the lovely "well done/game over" screens at the end of each comp like it had on PS3/PSP.

I loved that game on psp.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Yeah if was a cracker - the vita version is neat too
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Might have to dig out the PSP and all three Patapons
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    On here? Don't think so. 3DS Mario Golf was the peak with badgers.

But what a peak.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    In other news, a wireless pad has rekindled my love affair with my PC Engine mini, and I’ve rediscovered Gradius II and Fantasy Zone. Top 8bit joy. Phenomenal system; the latter releases really gave the 16bit machines a run for their money.
  • Just met the prison guard or what ever he's called in Prince of Persia. Can you kill that guy? I get the impression you can only hurt him and stall him briefly.

Game plays like a dream by the way. Very impressed so far. Seems to have just nailed everything to my tastes for a 2d game.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Cupatay wrote:
    Just met the prison guard or what ever he's called in Prince of Persia. Can you kill that guy? I get the impression you can only hurt him and stall him briefly.

Give it time. You’ll get your shot.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Lost in Random (Steam)

It's a pretty good attempt at blending deck building with real time combat. Not perfect, but definitely worth checking out when it's on sale.

Somebody really had a boner for Tim Burton in the art department; it's possibly worth checking out the game just for the handcrafted wooden puppet aesthetic.

It's a bit rough around the edges (poorly sanded, perhaps?). One animation of the moon bouncing down the street (don't ask) had a real 'oh shit we forgot to do this and it's Friday afternoon' feel to it. In one board game section (think: arena horde fight), I thought I'd messed something up as the game piece definitely wasn't going to be able to fit under the bridge that was in front of the end space. But I rolled the dice and it just clipped through and I won. Righto. One NPC tells you you can't progress because this area is an active construction zone (there's nothing going on), and an invisible wall stops you walking past him, despite there being plenty of room to get by. Would it have taken too much time to make a temporary barrier model? Not so much ludo-narrative dissonance, but... enviro-narrative?

The main bugbear is the combat. It's mechanically fine, but the game enjoys having you wipe an area, and then spawning in more enemies. The first time is fine, but when its the second or third (or fourth...) wave, it starts to feel like padding.

A good game, then. But I can see why it didn't set the sales charts on fire.
  • Pepper Grinder. Only the one stage so far but this controls exactly how I hoped it would.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!