BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Can't believe Swirl thinks Flight Simulator would be better without flying

Let’s be honest, the best part of Microsoft Flight Simulator was plunging various aircraft into the ground. ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I thought Thumper was magnificent so I'll trust their judgement but on paper adding an arbitrary time limit sounds like the sort of thing that would make a game less fun. @swirl.
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Without it, testers just meandered around and found the game dull.

Without it, it was like playing Doom with god mode enabled. No challenge, no risk, no reward.

I'm glad they definitely got it sussed then.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just been at a VR experience with some pupils on a school trjp. Got a shot of John Wick VR, Pistol Whip (oh my yes), Against ,and um Elven Assassin.
  • Pistol Whip is up there with Astrobot for VR goodness imo.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Pistol Whip is up there with Astrobot for VR goodness imo.

Agreed. Genuine stunner.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Pistol Whip is up there with Astrobot for VR goodness imo.

Agreed. Genuine stunner.

That's some high praise right there.

• Fashion Police Squad - Switch.

This is doing what I wanted it to do in terms of shooting but the Switch port, ffs. No word of technical problems in the reviews but on default settings ('high detail') it freezes for a split second every time you kill an enemy. Got it on low now (with bloom off, which possibly makes a difference) and it's pretty much fixed the problem, but come on now. I know the Switch is ancient but games shouldn't freeze when you kill things in a faux early 90s styled FPS.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Fashion Police Squad - Switch. This is doing what I wanted it to do in terms of shooting but the Switch port, ffs. No word of technical problems in the reviews but on default settings ('high detail') it freezes for a split second every time you kill an enemy. Got it on low now (with bloom off, which possibly makes a difference) and it's pretty much fixed the problem, but come on now. I know the Switch is ancient but games shouldn't freeze when you kill things in a faux early 90s styled FPS.

...I am sorry that you have, yet again, fallen foul of the Switch Port Curse.
  • There's a chance it's just my Switch.  I cleared the cache, fully rebooted it and and made some space before dropping the settings to low.  I don't see how something like this wouldn't get mentioned in platform specific reviews I've read - I guess I am a bit more eagle eyed than most with framerate drops as it's a bugbear of mine (which makes the decision to play most multiplat indies on a handheld hybrid even more-onic), but this would surely be impossible not to spot.  It doesn't just wobble, it hitches briefly.   

Have you played it?  I'm only three levels in but switching weapons for specific enemy types already seems pretty good and I like the belt swinging.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
      I don't see how something like this wouldn't get mentioned in platform specific reviews I've read

Technical performance just gets massively overlooked a lot of the time, tbh. At this point I don't take the lack of mentions re. technical performance to mean anything. 

I do know the game, but not played it - no. Not my favourite genre, truth be told, but i might check it out at some point.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Sounds like we need Drew in the Metroidvania thread...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    DrewMerson wrote:
    I stopped Dread out of frustration, and the thought of the EMMIs generally prevents me from returning.

This. The EMMIs just bring everything to a screaming halt.

Prime Remastered is worth putting some time into, though.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • All this thread shows is that you all need to be spending more time on the non-blockbuster 90s and 00s Japanese horror games. Try some Siren, play some Fatal Frame. It's good shit.

Fatal Frame was AWESOME!

If you're looking for innovation in survival horror
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/sons-of-the-forest-review

A 'Lord of the flies' take on survival horror. Not played it but who'd say no to eating others in a PvP competition?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Still making my way through Tears of the Kingdom; up to the water temple now.

I think this is proof that motion controls can work - when I play in handheld mode with the non-motion equipped Hori splitpad compact, I really miss being able to fine tune my bow's aim with a wee flick of the wrist. Right stick for getting crosshairs on the correct enemy, motion controls for putting the arrow between his eyes.
  • Not that it matters, but I feel the need to fess up anyway: I'm pretty sure my Fashion Police Squad tech issues were caused by the fact that I was optimistically reinstalling Fire Emblem Engage at the time, which for some reason took an hour to install the update after downloading. Got high settings on while I wait for my daughter to finish her after school class and it's all running smoothly undocked.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    Hello!

Downloaded Balatro yesterday. It’s rather flippin addictive lol.
    rest less
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    At Baltaro too but I can't stick at anything at present - even the wonderful Wonder.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Just been at a VR experience with some pupils on a school trjp. Got a shot of John Wick VR, Pistol Whip (oh my yes), Against ,and um Elven Assassin.

Would even consider another quest just for pistol whip. A workout and a great game all in one.

rest less
  • Song of the Deep

It's fantastic!

One of hundreds of games i've accumulated for free on Steam and Epic, gotta play through a lot of rubbish to find a good one
  • Bought that years ago but could never quite get on with it. Worth a revisit then I take it. I assume there's quality there because Insomniac but it was a slow start.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I'm trying not to get distracted from the main quest in TotK, but I just cleared an island of Moblin pirates, and now I'm trying to climb the last couple of towers so I can max out my Purah Pad.

Fuck sake.
  • Fired Dragon Quest Builders onto the Vita and ended up doing the first couple hrs. Had done so previously on another console but feels great here. Nice breezy little thing.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The second is a belter. Very long winded and you're still on the tutorial 20 hours in or so, but they're charming games
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Have started a Siren playthrough of Borderlands 2 (currently lvl 10) and have just reinstalled Ori and the Blind Forest to see if I can do a 100% secrets run.

Nothing new or on the horizon currently interesting me.
  • Reviews are great so I've gone in early on Berserk Boy (Megaman style 2D platformer, 10% off on Switch at the mo). Early days and it seems to play well but the graphics aren't for me - something about the style is just off. I hate the ladder climb animation in particular.
  • Unicorn Overlord seems very good.
  • Midnight Suns.  Liking it so far!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!