Currently Playing
  • Slay the Spire:
    Never knew a card deck building game could be this deep and involving. Not to mention addictive. Timeless classic. Up there with the Mario's, Metroid's and Streetfighters of the videgaming world.

MCC- Halo Combat evolved.
    Playing through all the Halo episodes on legendary and what a treat it is. The stupid anti cheat still locks up from time to time for no apparent reason but otherwise, 343 did a fantastic job. The enhanced visuals look nice, the audio's been patched and the classic game play is intact. There's something pure about the gameplay where the skill ceiling isn't determined by leveling up but rather by  player's skill and reflexes? The gameplay and weapon balance are tuned to perfection; a definite reminder as to why Bungie got an Edge10 for this. Still holds up well except for the buggy anti cheat. Fix it 343!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • hunk wrote:
    Slay the Spire:
    Never knew a card deck building game could be this deep and involving. Not to mention addictive. Timeless classic. Up there with the Mario's, Metroid's and Streetfighters of the videgaming world.

MCC- Halo Combat evolved.
    Playing through all the Halo episodes on legendary and what a treat it is. The stupid anti cheat still locks up from time to time for no apparent reason but otherwise, 343 did a fantastic job. The enhanced visuals look nice, the audio's been patched and the classic game play is intact. There's something pure about the gameplay where the skill ceiling isn't determined by leveling up but rather by  player's skill and reflexes? The gameplay and weapon balance are tuned to perfection; a definite reminder as to why Bungie got an Edge10 for this. Still holds up well except for the buggy anti cheat. Fix it 343!

Just started halo myself and while I disagree about the graphics it’s fun to revisit - weirdest of all is not having any waypoint you follow - can’t remember whether that changes as the game or series goes on but I look forward to playing more
    The Forum Herald™
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Nights into Dreams.

Never really played this before despite owning it. Once you learn the levels it's a score chaser's dream. :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Playing some Genshin Impact and early impressions are very good indeed. It's a new free-to-play anime as fuck action RPG (borrowing massively from BotW) for PS4, PC, and mobile that looks beautiful and plays like a dream. I'm particularly fond of the enemy and creature designs, and the ability to insta-switch characters at will to combo different elemental attacks. 

Je9rcgl.png

Monetization does take the form of a gacha (basically lootbox) system to get the chance to add statistically better characters and weapons to your loadout, but there's absolutely no need to get involved in this. What the game gives you is stupidly generous and will see you through the dozens of hours of content available at the moment. 

And yeah, it's an evolving live service title. So expect new regions of the map, quests, dungeons, enemies, characters, and weapons to be added in content drops over time. 

I'm not far into the main campaign but it's properly won me over, and I can see this becoming a long term thing. Which is just what I needed as a Destiny 2 and Warframe player.

What the fuck am I doing?
  • Read good things on Kotaku who’ve posted three times About it.

Bought it on the store just need to connect my os4 and download it
    The Forum Herald™
  • That pic up there looks beautiful. Will check it out!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dammit, it really is a nice place to waste hours spend time. And that music! 

Might start a thread.
  • (regarding A Plague Tale)

I liked it a fair bit, had some annoying sections but was overall pretty entertaining and interesting. I recommend playing with the french language voices and eng subs, the french VA was generally pretty great I thought.

I particularly liked that it featured a sling as a weapon as they are sorely overlooked and underappreciated in historical games and media.
  • With the current promotion in which any gamerscore earned through achievements are translated into rewards points I'm currently blasting through any old shite that has easy to earn achievements with the help of a guide.
    I played Tacoma today and in just under two hours I finished it with 950g points having missed only one 50g achievement.
    Next up is Untitled Goose Game.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Started Layers of Fear today after seeing some chat on here recently. Is the whole thing mostly room hopping progression or does the puzzle element become more pronounced? I'm a sucker for interactive headfuck scares but I'm not quite feeling it yet.
  • Okay no it's pretty good. It's all a bit GOTCHA with the creeps but being in control of the movement really does add a layer of um fear to the proceedings. A well made VR horror game could be just about the most bone chilling horror experience around. Two actual "Fuckinell!" exclamations on the tally chart so far.
  • I dont remember the puzzles being especially challenging/interesting. It is a bit of plodding along through the plot. IIRC Observer and LOF2 improve on that somewhat. All three are very much about the atmosphere and can fuck with you and what you think you know.
    Observer has better horror, LOF is all about scares.
  • I enjoyed what I played of Observer (90mins-ish) but I'll have to start it again at some point. My save got wiped on PS4.
  • Yeah I think they all ramp up as they go along. They aren't long games but I think you kinda have to complete them to fully form an opinion.
  • g.man wrote:

Didn't know you were such a fan of Skitchin on the MD
  • I'm just a Sweet Soul Brother really.
    Come with g if you want to live...

• Haha, that vid was brilliant!
    g.soul bro indeed.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Hyper Dot - It's nice
    Ape Out - it's cool
    Spiritfarer - it's pretty
    Thumper - it's intense
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Glad to see summit else giving hyperdot some attention. 100 completes or gtfo.
  • Nice little selection of games there.  I think I got up to level 50 in Hyperdot, should go back.  Shame it's not on Switch, it'd be a better fit for handheld play imo.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It takes a certain skill level so you're likely to struggle beyond that m8
  • That's probably why I stopped playing.
  • Just decided to start Thumper again and it's one of the best ideas I've had this year.

Edit: But now I'm questioning it because maybe if I replay it I should go for VR.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    YES.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yep I'll save it for PS5/PSVR (hopeful) BC then.  

Started Serial Cleaner instead.  I want to hate it because it's so annoying to redo everything when you get spotted but I think I'm up for it.  Line of sight patrolling guards top down stealth clean 'em up - hide the bodies, dispose of the evidence, hoover up blood splatters.  It's bound to get infuriating once the levels get more intricate but the 70s vibe is strong and the soundtrack is great.
  • Thumper is cool but i think i was expecting it to be musical like some cool trance music to put me in the zone. It's a real intense experience though, VR must be insane!

(im playing these games because xbox is being repaired so cant play the addictive COD) :D
  • Lego worlds is rather lovely. Much more interesting than the film tie in Lego games.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Huntdown

This is on Moots recommendation and it's just amazing, level structure, bosses, nicely done retro graphics, sound etc plus it's funny
    Spoiler:

Serously looking like my GOTY so far, about 50% through.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!