Currently Playing
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Ignoring all the next gen nonsense to play Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun because it was a fiver on steam yesterday and that's good eating. Really enjoying it, even though I am utterly rubbish at it. Better than the mess of a game I was playing for review a few days back, which doesn't even get to be named cos it was so shit.

I bought Shadow Tactics for £10 on PS4 but it never quite made it to the top of the pile of shame.  Looks very good.

It’s fairly clever, though it’s early days yet, so I am sure it will get intricate and potentially frustrating later on.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I too want A Monsters Expedition and will be getting bought right after I finish The Last Campfire which is absolutely brilliant and should be played by more than just me.
    How sad is The Last Campfire out of ten?  Tilly wants an upbeat game next but Lego Undercover isn't doing it for me.

It’s hopeful and inspiring with a perfectly judged ending.  I really liked it.  It is fairly simple in scope and ambition but it does everything really really nicely.  There’s themes there about moving on, acceptance, tolerance, grief etc but I’m not sure if a six year old might not just think it’s literally about a fire ember (name of the main, erm, thing) floating away?  Just over six hours to complete and I more or less hundo-ed it at that.  Couple of slightly tricky puzzles but we’re not talking high level Baba stuff here. Really liked it.
  • V glad about lonely downhill love here too.  The love is building for it.
  • Horizon Zero Dawn is a fucking banger

Couldn't get into it.. to many things and button combos to remember.. should I try again?
    The Forum Herald™
  • V glad about lonely downhill love here too.  The love is building for it.

The sound deserves a special mention too.  No music at all, just ambient environmental noises, the ticking of your bike chain and the scrape and scratching of your tyres down the mountains.  Excellent.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    V glad about lonely downhill love here too.  The love is building for it.
    The sound deserves a special mention too.  No music at all, just ambient environmental noises, the ticking of your bike chain and the scrape and scratching of your tyres down the mountains.  Excellent.

That's one of the main things I love about it, it totally nails the atmosphere.  It's so tranquil and along with the insta-restart means theirs no bad feeling or frustration.  Tonally it's very similar to A Short Hike.
  • I liked it for a bit but was too shit at it (much like celeste)
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Pulled the trigger on The Last Campfire. Decent so far.
  • Crysis Remastered...it’s Crysis...but remastered.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Maximum armour
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Crysis Remastered...it’s Crysis...but remastered.

Refunded.

Barely fucking runs on my PC which isn't shabby by any means.
  • Barely runs on the One X. Absolutely shocked so far at this.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yes but can it run crysis
  • Cracked 100 hrs on warframe.

Its a glorious monstrosity.

Pros: ftp, pretty fair system. (I'd say it's kinda worth spending under a chalice if you're halfway enjoying it so you can run a few cool frames early.)

And looking at it as a $20 game (I've probably spent $35 maybe, and probably won't need to spend more for a looong time) it's unbelievable.

Story stuff and voice acting is actually really cool. Runs like a boss. I have it running on Cray settings, but even on old laptop it was running well at high fps.

Movement is amazing.

Systems allow for some crazy stuff.

Really cool upgrading can go on.

From boot to playing is less than a minute, I reckon. And there's very little lag between missions either if you just want to crack through.

Spy missions and some of the other less obvious game mechanics are actually really neat.

Cons:

Grindy.

Some really bad boss fights.

Some really bad signposting in boss and other quests.

Really wish more folks were on it.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yeah, such a good game despite its flaws. Awesome minute-to-minute gameplay and systems so deep you'll struggle to touch the bottom. Grindy as hell but far more rewarding a grind than something like Destiny 2. I mean, I love Destiny to bits, but Bungie made the grind about as repetitive and painful as they possibly could. 

I'm playing Warframe on PS4 and Halo 3 on PC atm. Halo 3 is still as good as I remember, but I still prefer CE and Reach overall. Can't wait to play ODST when it drops this week.
  • Telling Lies.

The video is out of sync with the voices/sound. So annoying. Is it my Switch or the game? I’m playing handheld.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Yes but can it run crysis
    Post of the day
    The Forum Herald™
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Telling Lies.

The video is out of sync with the voices/sound. So annoying. Is it my Switch or the game? I’m playing handheld.

Jon had similar problems but I haven't noticed it myself. Only played on the TV though.

• I had it playing on TV. It was really obvious the first time I played it. Less so after for some reason.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Telling Lies. The video is out of sync with the voices/sound. So annoying. Is it my Switch or the game? I’m playing handheld.

Just out of curiosity does it start out synced and then drifts? Or is it just not synced right to start with?
  • I think it’s been off from the start for me. I reckon it’s the game.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'm not sure, but I thought it tended to happen after a rewind.
  • Spiritfarer. Its nice
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Started Kentucky Route Zero, figured if Moot can complete it, I should be able to get through it as well.

Done Act 1, very moody stuff happening, I like it.
  • It's consistently superb. 

Playing Graceful Explosion Machine at the mo.  Nifty little shooter in the Fantasy Zone mould, but the three phase levels drag on a bit.  Not a problem at this stage (only just hit world 2), but when it gets tough I'm expecting to suffer.

Edit: Or not, turns out if you die you get three attempts to restart from whichever phase you reached.  Good game this.
  • Nina wrote:
    Started Kentucky Route Zero, figured if Moot can complete it, I should be able to get through it as well. Done Act 1, very moody stuff happening, I like it.

God, just the tone of that place, the gas station especially, is just so... right.
  • The tone of the whole thing.  

One more Graceful Explosion Machine update:  This is legit.  Pretty masterful balance between risk/reward, attack/scarper so far, the four weapons seem well implemented.  Very good indeed.    

• Moot_Geeza wrote:
    The tone of the whole thing.   One more Graceful Explosion Machine update:  This is legit.  Pretty masterful balance between risk/reward, attack/scarper so far, the four weapons seem well implemented.  Very good indeed.    
    The demo was deccent but didn't feel compelled to buy it
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I didn't play the demo, managed to grab the game for £5 a few weeks back.  You'd have to be in the mood for sure, it seems unlikely that they'll add anything to the basics as it continues.  Only four worlds too by the looks of it, but that's a win for me.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Barely runs on the One X. Absolutely shocked so far at this.

An atrocious remaster. A pure attempt to melt any machine that tries to run it as some sort of play on the "Can it run Crysis?" meme from back in the day. Even on low and medium at 1080p I wasn't getting a stable 60fps and my machine is pretty decent with 100+ fps on most games near maxed at 1440p. Game stuttered and limped along so I just instantly refunded it.

Watched Linus then trying to play on the new 3080 and that card couldn't even handle it. Pure joke. I understand they wanted to have some fun with one of the most technically demanding games ever made but ffs, there's a line like.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!