Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Started Tell Me Why. Interesting. Will pay more. Think I'm in the first chapter still but the second is it too but right? Does it just auto-update and things?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Its weird, there was ch 1 available as a download, but now there appears to be a ch1-3 bundle download too. Both on GP.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Had to download Ch 2 explicitly (via the in game Microsoft store link worked fine, though had Sunday disrupted the for as it's 4GB)

Intriguing stuff at the end of the chapter...
  • The Last Campfire is defo worth a crack if you like gentle narrative puzzlers. Lovely on a lot of fronts.

Early Puzzles remind me of She remembered Caterpillars.

Some fetch questiness which may drag, but nothing remotely game breaking.

Remnant continues to be an absolute cracker. A lot bigger, deeper and prettier than initial reaction had me thinking it was. 

Warframe continues to be 95% brilliant, and the bits that aren't are generally forgivable. A few too many bottlenecks have been solved by being in a random squad with other folks who know doing things for me, and or simple attrition, but there's too much good stuff in between. VO work is actually really freakin great too. Has a bungie vibe with the hammy humour, but with weirder avs. 

STS grinding that ac20. 

A bunch of other stuff either on a break or early doors.

Cities. Break.

Gunfire Reborn and Shattered. Gonna give em both a break for an update or two. Especially Shattered.

Hades. Break.

MO: Astray. Stuck on a room. Will get back to it soon.

Spiritfarer, A Story About My Uncle, Darkwood and In Other Waters. All interesting things going on, and presented well, but all not quite hooking me completely.

Ashen break on the replay. New games grabbing me. Still lovely to play with the settings cranked. I finished it first time on old laptop which creaked a bit with it.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Played a chunk of Spiritfarer yesterday co-op with gf and if we didn't have a zoom catchup organised we probably would have played all night. Once it gets into the loop of it there's always something to do next, very enjoyable. Lovely graphics and music too.
  • Still going with Spiritfarer. Seems to be neverending when you're playing with someone who just wants to potter around rather than get the character requests done, but it's one of the GotYs for sure.

Yesterday I tried:

Halo: Spartan Assault. Wasn't expecting much and in a way that's more or less what I got. There's enough to scratch a growing Halo itch though, and the twin stick shooting is fine. Feeling like a solid 6 after two chapters, will finish.

Graceful Explosion Machine. Didn't realise this was a Fantasy Zone kind of wrap around 2D shooter. It gives you a lot of abilities early on but juggling the weapons seems to work well. I liked it.

Aqua Kitty UDX. Loved this on Vita. There's a Dreadnought mode now, where you gradually take down a structure and core per stage. Underrated, even the music is good.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    The Last Campfire is defo worth a crack if you like gentle narrative puzzlers. Lovely on a lot of fronts.

Early Puzzles remind me of She remembered Caterpillars.

Some fetch questiness which may drag, but nothing remotely game breaking.

Remnant continues to be an absolute cracker. A lot bigger, deeper and prettier than initial reaction had me thinking it was. 

Warframe continues to be 95% brilliant, and the bits that aren't are generally forgivable. A few too many bottlenecks have been solved by being in a random squad with other folks who know doing things for me, and or simple attrition, but there's too much good stuff in between. VO work is actually really freakin great too. Has a bungie vibe with the hammy humour, but with weirder avs. 

STS grinding that ac20. 

A bunch of other stuff either on a break or early doors.

Cities. Break.

Gunfire Reborn and Shattered. Gonna give em both a break for an update or two. Especially Shattered.

Hades. Break.

MO: Astray. Stuck on a room. Will get back to it soon.

Spiritfarer, A Story About My Uncle, Darkwood and In Other Waters. All interesting things going on, and presented well, but all not quite hooking me completely.

Ashen break on the replay. New games grabbing me. Still lovely to play with the settings cranked. I finished it first time on old laptop which creaked a bit with it.

Yes yes, but how about you make your move in chess
  • Lol. Oh yeah. I open gog now more often, so I miss messages on steam.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

Halo: Spartan Assault. Wasn't expecting much and in a way that's more or less what I got. There's enough to scratch a growing Halo itch though, and the twin stick shooting is fine. Feeling like a solid 6 after two chapters, will finish.

I thought it was far too slow, I wanted it to be a bit more energetic. Binned it off after a couple of levels
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Lol. Oh yeah. I open gog now more often, so I miss messages on steam.

Once we've sussed out normal chess, there's always https://store.steampowered.com/app/1349230/5D_Chess_With_Multiverse_Time_Travel/...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Heard about that from a boardgame podcast the other day. It sounds utterly bonkers. And ace.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I thought it was far too slow, I wanted it to be a bit more energetic. Binned it off after a couple of levels

I hate the shotgun in it, which is a real shame (love a shotty), but it's still essentially fine.  Nowhere near the best the genre's offered in recent years though.  Levels are short and it'd probably be worth a blast in co-op.
  • Played a couple of stages of Katana Zero again yesterday.  Not sure whether to replay it to ready myself for the imminent free dlc or just wait.  Brilliant stuff, pretty much everyone on here who played it said the same thing though - there's just not enough actual game.  Hopefully they rectify that with the extra content patch.  I forgot how stunning it all is - probably the niftiest looking pixel art style I've ever seen.
  • Hotshot Racing.

I can't get the online mode to work reliably so far, and in GP mode the rubber-banding is ridiculous, with AI cars far too likely to smash into you from behind even when you're doing well.

Otherwise, though, it's spot on. The drifting is fantastic, especially on higher difficulties where things get faster. Having your boost bar filled by drifting or slipstreaming is a smart move. The tracks are wide, but quite tricky once you up the difficulty. Arcade style presentation is perfectly judged.

It's a few AI tweaks and an online patch away from excellent at the moment, I think.
  • Hotshot Racing

Spent the evening with it and cleared the normal and difficult levels in GP mode with golds whilst getting hugely frustrated by the overly aggressive AI T-boning you into walls at 90 degrees. You can still catch up even after being spun round 180 degrees due to the incredible rubber banding on offer (unless it's on the final bend or you're in expert mode) but that's not the point.

Persevered and had a quick go of expert level and noticed a definite shift in difficulty with slip streaming notably being less effective.

Did a TT on the first track and made 28th globally (on xbone) but checked later to find out I'm already unlisted (only logs top 30 times which is a shame)

Online didnt work for me either but it was quite late so Ill give benefit of doubt, but noted that it does have private lobbies.

I want to like it, it looks gorgeous, drifting is a joy, yet I'm not pining to go back to it, it just feels a bit too loose compared to games of it's purported ilk (Outrun, Virtua Racing, etc.)

It feels more like Sonic Racing Transformed with infinitely worse rubber banding and AI aggression.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I was underwhelmed by my first foray...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Fancy Hotshot Racing. Steam or Switch are my current options....might wait for the price to drop based on this.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yeah, it's good for a tenner at least.
  • The key is to pretend you've just dropped 50p in and crank the volume up to drown out the bustle of an imaginary arcade.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've come to realise I have no patience for mad AI and items any more. I'm enjoying MK8Dx - even when getting hammered by my daughter in vs mode. But the constant barrage of the GP mode at 150cc is just annoying me now and I don't know if I'll perservere with trying to get golds in that class. Disappointing as 100cc was too easy. 

Tried Balloon mode yesterday and enjoyed it (even though I was beat - it was close all the way through). I always love a bit of TT-ing to and local MP versus.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Eric wrote:

It feels more like Sonic Racing Transformed with infinitely worse rubber banding and AI aggression.

I'm enjoying it for a quick blast but this is a great description.
  • I had a fun couple of hours with it last night, after I accepted that the AI is a massive twathammer.  It's pretty slight though.  Multiplayer might last but single player is only going to be good for a few hours at most.
  • It's a shame that though as there's a good game in there somewhere.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Also the art style started grating after a while.  Went from thinking this is lovely and retro to they're just a bunch of lazy buggers who couldn't be arsed using more than four polys per model.
  • Withing Tilly play Hidden Folks on her Switch. We've already played it but she's on a solo run now. If you can stomach Where's Wally find 'em ups it's one of the best games around for family gaming imo.
  • The Last Campfire is nice but the Bjork voiceover grates after a while.  Plus she has a lisp.
  • I see the grievances and get them....but I'm loving Hotshots racing. I played a lot of Horizon Chase Turbo (the campaign took a ridiculous 10+hrs to grind through), and okay this is an approximation of a different era but it's a lot more fun. Wouldn't want to play it on anything above normal difficulty mind, but for quick arcade racer thrills it's doing it all for me.
  • Apart from the music, got to find some Blue Skies poodle Segarock on Spotify for the next GP I think.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!