Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    You are using the wrong parts of your mouth.

Nope. I'm down with the basics of speech formation, but the best I can manage is a halfway house between a nice, clean 'teeth' and a Teef Richards. (Now there's a man for the job! No, really.)

Man's got to know his anatomical limitations. I can't whistle.

B, you know me well enough to take my whines with a pinch of dolphin spunk. Esoterinosh sells the image of a totes-legit trader from the quay. Not the mass-market pedlage of a Hesto.

I'd say three types of people visit Fat Duck: the food-minded curious; returning punters who actually like its output; and those who just go to say they've been. I think the latter are seemingly overrepped, and ad-men have moved in for the kill. A culture of desperate convergence under a hashtag rainbow.

It's all I can do not to choke on my quinoa, innit.
  • These ones are clever.

BQ7gz1tCQAETQYA.jpg

BQ6U4r3CYAAUkAA.jpg

Job advert for tattooist:

BQ6g7weCMAAA7R5.jpg
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Broadband choices can fuck off.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I hope BT sink under a bore of callers trying to buy their unavailable fibre services. Be very fitting.
  • The Tesco ad for bargain Persil works very well, I bought Cold War Kids' debut album from Amazon.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Fancy there's more money in making music to lure admen now than there is from regular punters.

A total about-turn from our mocked-for-jingles '90s.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Didja spot one of the 22,000 billboards that had great works of art installed on them recently and which would have been able to reach 90% of the population? No? Not surprising.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/06/art-everywhere-adverts-replace
  • There are lots of those in Nottingham, they're great.
  • I saw one on my nearest bus stop.
  • Are these still on? My city apparently has a few; I haven't seen them but then I don't go to the parts of the city they are/were in.
  • I am really fucking hating this ad campaign at the moment:

ladbrokes%20-%20the%20professor.jpg?itok=iZkV_TvO

Its sheer ubiquity in the town where I work is downright offensive.  There's a whole series of 'em.  Each portray the gambling man as a urban hero, defying the odds.  Which neatly sidesteps the truth that gambling, when taken to the extreme, wrecks lives and destroys families.

Here's a new one for yeh Ladbrokes. ' The Tosser.  Blows his benefits. Can't feed his kids. '
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I always envy the guys coming out of Ladbrokes. Always suave hipster types, what with their fashionably tatty shoes and polo shirts with pre worn holes in them.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The Ladbrokes campaign is an insidious little , self satisfied, piece of irresponsible broadcasting. I've not seen the equal of it since that fucking Wonga ad with the guitar playing. 

Such a pity Wonga ads have gone CGI - no opportunity to stuff those puppets up the originator's arse.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    And fuck me. Those "hilarious" 118 adverts that anyone foolish/unfortunate enough to watch a film on Freeview has to endure. At every. Fucking. Break.
  • What is it about Parker pens that entice pensioners into signing up to anything?

"When you take on board our knee cap equity policy you could free up the value in your knee caps and release yourselves of the burden of standing.
    Call today and you will get this free Parker pen with absolutely no obligation to remove your knees"
  • They need a pen to write their letters of complaint to OFCOM and the ASA for being misled and missold.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    What is it about Parker pens that entice pensioners into signing up to anything?

"When you take on board our knee cap equity policy you could free up the value in your knee caps and release yourselves of the burden of standing.
    Call today and you will get this free Parker pen with absolutely no obligation to remove your knees"

You should give a linky, in case g.man's keen
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Adverts that use shit like a phone ringing or a doorbell going need to be fucking banned. Cheap ploy to get your attention. Same goes for radio ads that use a police siren, fucking annoying.
  • Voiceover flavours of the month. I like the Lancastrian tones of Dean Lennox Kelly, but not when he's enthusing on the benefits of being with the Yorkshire Bank. Current irritant is the guy narrating every advert, including the Nutella spreads us, dunks us effort.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Stopharage wrote:
    They need a pen to write their letters of complaint to OFCOM and the ASA for being misled and missold.

Handy for bingo and lotto tickets too. Bastards choking up filling stations whilst I am trying to pay for petrol.

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    'Play hard'.

In anything; from anyone. As if it's a competition to be won. Overaggressive, fun-ruining twonks.

Related: Of all the people I know on 48-hours-plus weeks, only a couple would describe themselves as hard-working; they are, but they don't mention it unprompted. The others call themselves busy. Granted, it's an increasingly rare luxury to have a career that rewards your efforts, but I stand by the opinion that self-described hard-workers tend to not occupy the sharp end when they advertise that claim.

Truly hard work is often transient, so there's a clear difference between telling people that you're working hard, expect to be working hard soon, and/or have worked hard recently, and announcing a work-hard, play-hard attitude as a virtue. Turn them boat shoes hard about and piss off!
  • Yeah, I fucking despise the phase "work hard, play hard". Generally used by people that don't know how to do either well.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    We'll reserve it for sportspeople and otherwise ban it.

Offenders shall be punished by being literally run off their feet.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The cynically manipulative Ladbrokes adverts are still annoying me. Bookies and gambling sites should be banned from advertising.
  • All advertising is cynical, manipulative. It needs to be crushed.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I consider adverts on TV to be an invasion of privacy - think about it - you wouldn't tolerate some arse in your living room cracking the same "joke" over and over again trying to sell you something.

I pay for BBC via the licence fee to be unfettered by ads - and am delighted to do it. Where the fuck to Sky get off charging a sub and still thrusting ads down your throat? Exactly when did that Aussie conman pull that stunt off on premiership blinded mugs?
  • Made even worse by the sheer amount of ads on SKY channels.
    I have never got through an episode of Myth Busters because The Discovery channel has insanely long ad breaks.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    First 8 seasons are on Netflx.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The BBC advertise their own, though. I'll continue to piss in the policeman's helmet until output runs out.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!