• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    galligaskins (plural noun) |.galI'gaskInz| - breeches, trousers, or gaiters. Not the hide of the brothers in Oasis.

The hide of the brothers in Oasis would be |'galIgaskInz|
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Lowbrowhide.
  • Diatomaceous.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    pyknic |'pIknIk| (noun) - the word for having a meal outside in fantasy novels in which 'magic' is spelled 'magick', 'magyk', 'majic' or any number of pretentious permutations thereupon.

No, not really.

pyknic |'pIknIk| (adjective) - related to or denoting a stocky physique.
    Danny De Vito has a pyknic body shape.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Playcheque.

Chris Barrie playchequed Gordon Brittas in Little Mix's Word Up! video.
  • Some useful suggestions, for when you find yourself in need of a 17th century slang term for sex or genitalia.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Eavesdropper? Thatched Cottage? Brilliant.
  • I'm sure I've been to a club called Night Physics.

Join paunches, lololol
  • "Credentials" is powerfully witty.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    lection (noun) - a reading of a text found in a particular copy or edition of a publication.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    zymurgy (noun) - the study or practice of fermentation.

"Everytime I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember the time I became a master of zymurgy and forgot how to drive?"

"That's because you were drunk!"

"And how..."

With apologies to Mr. Groening, et al.
  • grandiloquent
    adjective
    Pompous or extravagant in language, style, or manner, especially in a way that is intended to impress.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Pompous or extravagant in language, style, or manner, especially in a way that is intended to impress.

I must confess that I am particularly fond of bulbous posteriors, and on this subject I am unable to prevaricate.

In other news:

holus-bolus (adverb) - all at once.
    As part of the drinking game, he drank his pint holus-bolus.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I must confess that I am particularly fond of bulbous posteriors, and on this subject I am unable to prevaricate.

There is nary a soul amongst the massed ranks of my brethren who wouldst wag the slightest tongue against your humble orator on this particular matter.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    There is nary a soul amongst the massed ranks of my brethren who wouldst wag the slightest tongue against your humble orator on this particular matter.

Upon the happenstance that a woman in possession of an enormous gluteus maximus, yet comparatively minuscule waistline, enters your current location, and thrusts the former item of her anatomy into close proximity of your visage, your genitalia begin preparations for intercourse.
  • You guys sound like pompous cunts that I would love to shotgun in the face. Enough already!!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Enough already!!

Get involved!
  • Erm. I'll have to sit here with a dictionary and thesaurus for a while. Nah.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Are you intimating that your personal lexicon is, sadly, not of a size that would be sufficient to be able to partake in this diversionary pursuit created by master Swirl without resource to some sort of printed reference material?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hahaha, did anyone see the Will Self Q&A yesterday? This was my highlight, so true, the are other parts for you amateur lexicographers, but here he at least communicated, and with a truth we don't say enough
    As a teenager who a couple of years ago read Paradise Lost for free on iBooks and has never personally seen anything to suggest that digital media discourage people my age from reading novels or anything else, I find the statements you’ve made to the effect that we can’t stay away from Facebook for long enough to read a book unconvincing and quite patronising. Could you explain a bit more about why you think digital media are so much more fatal to the novel than any of the other millions of things people can do instead of reading if they feel like it?
    You should be patronised: you're a teenager. I'm unimpressed by your empirical sample of one, and equally unimpressed by the lack of attention you bestowed on my original Guardian essay - if you read it at all - because your question is answered in full by it. Carry on fulminating.
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Are you intimating that your personal lexicon is, sadly, not of a size that would be sufficient to be able to partake in this diversionary pursuit created by master Swirl without resource to some sort of printed reference material?

What da fuck you say man you diss me I cut you up innit
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Gentleman-thug.jpg

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

BOOM, HEADSHOT. ;)
    cockbeard wrote:
    Hahaha, did anyone see the Will Self Q&A yesterday? This was my highlight, ...

I do love it when people try to 'take on' professional writers like that. It's even better when someone tries to wind up a comedian on Twitter. You won't win, taking the piss is their job. They are professional mockers.

Though Ms. Griffin does deserve some kudos for becoming part of the discourse and standing up for teenagers. We do quite often fall into the trap of tarring that age group with the same brush, even though we resented it when we were that age.
  • Another Mark Forsyth Kindle Daily.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    It's even better when someone tries to wind up a comedian on Twitter. You won't win, taking the piss is their job. They are professional mockers.

Don't mess with him - he knows komedy! I saw him whup some pissed-up marauding fatties at his club. Lots of comedians could be outwitted, but their audiences aren't usually up to it. False positive.

Self's too capable at putting others down for his own good; it's made him lazy. In the absence of good regular sparring, he just grabs a viewpoint and refuses to yield. In the face of contrary stats or no. Intellectual isolationism seems to be a hallmark of many good writers. Self's a bit of a stay-at-home Anthony Loyd.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    I saw him whup some pissed-up marauding fatties at his club. Lots of comedians could be outwitted, but their audiences aren't usually up to it. False positive.

True, but I was talking about Twitter, when the writer/comedian and "attacker" in question are (presumably) as sober as a judge. ;) Also, I wasn't talking about being out-smarted, but more out-insulted. I.e., when someone reckons they're going to win a 'you're a twat, no u' fight on Twitter with a professional piss-taker.
    Escape wrote:
    Self's a bit of a stay-at-home Anthony Loyd.

His writing style does scream of unabashed self assurance.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    A few years ago I heckled Jim Jeffries, well technically I was heckling a heckler, so well that he laughed pretty damn hard and forgot his next line. Before retelling my heckle to applause from the audience. My limelight was stolen as towards the end of the show an audience member had a heart attack, greedy bastard
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    My limelight was stolen as towards the end of the show an audience member had a heart attack, greedy bastard

What a twunt.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    what was the anti heckle?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    My limelight was stolen as towards the end of the show an audience member had a heart attack

All in the timing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!