Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I have bought this for £19.99
  • Ouch. It was fifteen quid in Tesco.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    This is mighty good stuff from the developers. They really have tried to turn this game around. I think they made the right decision to just go all out shooter looter and focus on the character builds and incremental updates to your loadout much like Diablo. Survival is also a fantastic addition to the game and almost seems like where the game should naturally sit.

Hmm. Can't agree really. I found it dull. No effort has been made to make it easy for people coming back to the game, and survival just felt very boring. Maybe I was tired but I just seemed to be running from building to building opening rucksacks and suitcases. Didn't feel very 'survivaly'

Might give it another go...

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ouch. It was fifteen quid in Tesco.

It cost me £1.98 for this and ffxv because I traded in games
  • You gotta give it another go Chalice, it's absolutely brilliant. Completely absorbed by it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    35% downloaded
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Find me a cheap season pass because £30 is taking the piss
  • Verecocha wrote:
    You gotta give it another go Chalice, it's absolutely brilliant. Completely absorbed by it.

Survival yeah? You playing the PVP one or the PVE? I'll have another crack when I get back from hols...

• Yep!The PVE, will go PVP when after a few successes in PVE!
  • This world tier stuff seems to have made life easier for the loan wolf. Managed an Underground last night where I had a lot more losses than completions pre-patch.
    Where is the Survival stuff though? Made sure it's downloaded and saw references to it in the dailys but can figure out how to try it. Thought maybe you had to go underground but no sign there either.
    Also,while tying up loose ends, I'm having a bit of trouble with a virus investigation in "The Crypt". First machine is just in the door of the shopping centre but haven't a clue where the other two are! Anyone else have trouble?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    This world tier stuff seems to have made life easier for the loan wolf. Managed an Underground last night where I had a lot more losses than completions pre-patch.
    Where is the Survival stuff though? Made sure it's downloaded and saw references to it in the dailys but can figure out how to try it. Thought maybe you had to go underground but no sign there either.
    Also,while tying up loose ends, I'm having a bit of trouble with a virus investigation in "The Crypt". First machine is just in the door of the shopping centre but haven't a clue where the other two are! Anyone else have trouble?

Survival isn't underground dude it's in the lower level of the hub, the level just before you enter the underground. There'll be vendors around and a room to your right with a door you access to access the survival menu. Go do it now and see how ACES it is.
  • Hmm,wife booked the tv for crap. Was planning on giving my PC some much needed TLC but could be tempted to uproot the Bone...
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Hodge360 wrote:
    This world tier stuff seems to have made life easier for the loan wolf. Managed an Underground last night where I had a lot more losses than completions pre-patch. Where is the Survival stuff though? Made sure it's downloaded and saw references to it in the dailys but can figure out how to try it. Thought maybe you had to go underground but no sign there either. Also,while tying up loose ends, I'm having a bit of trouble with a virus investigation in "The Crypt". First machine is just in the door of the shopping centre but haven't a clue where the other two are! Anyone else have trouble?
    Survival isn't underground dude it's in the lower level of the hub, the level just before you enter the underground. There'll be vendors around and a room to your right with a door you access to access the survival menu. Go do it now and see how ACES it is.
    It's also not auto unlocked, you walk up to the door for the first time and It says you need to buy/download it. BUT go through the motions and if you have the season pass (and auto updates on your bone on) then it's just a matter of activating the license and then the content is available.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I tried it yesterday. Took me about half an hour to work out where the hell it was located, then I had to activate the license, then I had to wait an age to get into a match, then I had no fucking idea what was going on, then I died, at which point the game boots you back to the Terminal Hub and you're back at square one.
    I'm not saying it's bad, but it's a bit obtuse as to what the fuck is going on.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeh, dont select the second option when looking for a game - it tries to put you in a group of 4 or 5 then finds a game, it takes ages, just select the first option and it just finds a quick game with a slot open.
  • Game finder, PVE, then wait. You need to make your way around the map crafting/collecting weapons, armour, clothes, supplies, whilst making your way towards the DZ. when you get there you want to be quite well equipped with blues and purples. Do the same in the DZ whilst crafting/collecting more purples and holds, collect the anti-virals, call in an evac chopper, then die when your hunter comes.
  • Way to make me not wanna try Ver.
  • Really loving what they've done with this. PvE is great. Enjoying levelling up slowly and enjoying the view.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Way to make me not wanna try Ver.

Still bags you loads of food stuff and it's incredible! But yeah, the Hunters are nails, so don't rush, you've got ages so spend ages getting the best stuff you can.
  • Credit to this game that I've soloed to level 25 and still found it very enjoyable.

How hard is grinding to 15 in DZ if I'm solo?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I suspect you'll get raped quite quickly, but you never know till you try...
    It won't take you too long to level that high tbh.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • No need to go into the DZ to be honest. 
    It's a shithole solo, you'll just get picked on, it's mostly for people who want PvP so it's attracting people who will kill and stab you in the back. 
    The stuff you'll find outside or co-oping other events with randoms will get you lots of gear.
  • I'd contrast their statements.Love the DZ and I shop through the levels and got so, so much gear. There's a ton of weapon caches dotted around so you needn't even take on the enemies until you call in a chopper, and even then just get some distance and work through the enemies. The DZ and Survival are the most impressive elements of MP gaming to have graced my consoles since Raiding. Brilliant emergent gameplay at a number of opportunities.
  • May actually find headset.

Level 25 plus solo is a touch grindy. At 27. Haven't had the time or patience to push through the main missions I have left. Have run out of side missions just as I have 940 to spend in medical too. Wanted that 1k upgrade.

Some exceptional stuff though, and I could be being fooled, but the more aggressive Ai on later enemies seems very impressive.
  • The AI is indeed impressive. As you say, very aggressive and will move to flank and chase you down.
  • Yeah, early on they're a bit naff, but once you get the guys who are meant to be bad ass, they come at you.

Using my turret as a crutch so much.
  • So hit lev 30.

Maxed Sec and tech wings.

One story mission left, and it's med, so that'll max all three wings.

Have done some search and destroy etc, and now have all purple/gold numbered gear. 

Have done some low level daily targets.

Really like pretty much everything I've seen. Like the tier worlds as an idea. Like the amount of stuff I still have to do. 

Still not sold on how the numbers on guns rep which guns are good. 

So many different numbers, and even looking at them all and using common sense to compare even the same class of gun, there's still many times where a gun is far less effective than I think it will be.

Have a kick ass assault rifle, continue to be disappointed with most snipes. Marksman rifles continue to be a crap shoot on quality. 

What is the advice on getting gear now?

I'll mostly be solo, unless someone tells me that MM doesn't require talking or real comms with the grat unwashed, I may have some sessions with a mate, but not many.

Of the vendors, are any really worth saving up for?

Do weapon mods get the same number system as weapons/gear, or is a gold/lev 30 handgrip as good as it gets?

Why is recalibration cost so much? Is it guaranteed to make gear better? It seems like it's just a new roll?

Gold supply drops are clearly ridic to solo, but what about Incursions?

Enemies are level 32 on Supply drop, and it appears I am getting EXP for something. Is there a second level cap? All the other stuff on screen seems to be saying it's all gear based (effectively the same as destiny).

Any info appreciated.

(gonna check OP now.)
  • Season pass were cheap as funk on psn.
    No idea about the other stores or system your playing on but well worth it if your enjoying it now.

Iv yet to try underground, lncursians etc bit survival is amazingly well done.
    Theres both pvp and pve options for it and its got me playing a game i hated for a while.
    (numbers on guns and stuff being unreadable and repeated content annoyed me)

You basically start in a safe house randomly selected with only light clothing and a handgun.

Your objectives are to craft a virus filter so you can enter the dark zone and a flare gun so you can extract.

To do this you have to loot clothes as your constantly battling the cold while moving between shelters, fire barels and safe houses.

Youll also need a weapon either from a lucky loot drop or crafted from scavenged weapon parts.
    (as well as the usuall npc gangs you also have to clear the extraction area from the new enemy type - hunters)

Add on top of this the fact your infected and have a timer ticking for wich youll have to medicate yourself with medicine or pain killers you scavenge to freeze the timer for a while.

Trying to describe it dosent do it justice especially when its me trying.
    Il try and put a vid up later or something to give you a better idea.

Also this is now the best way of getting gear sets (green nomad, marksmen etc) and gold items weapons etc.

• Cheers.

(Season pass already sorted. game sharing with mate who already has everything.)
  • Sounds a bit like the Tomb Raider mode
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!