The Division
  • I must give this another go. Survival didn't blow me away but everyone rates it...
  • Solo pve is my method of choice. Can get revived, still have to race to get things, but can't get killed by other players.

I've got to stop being impatient and cocky tho
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I just sprinted out in to the snow to see how far I could get. Didn't end well. Where are you supposed to going anyway?
  • Lol.

Broadly, you're aiming to go to the DZ for extraction.

Specifically from hide out to hide out and shelter to shelter. With fires in between.

You need to create a virus filter which means finding/crafting 2 blue fabrics and 2 tools.

The more/better clothing you put on, the longer you can stay in the cold. You can basically get to even outside of the DZ and will almost certainly be fine once in the DZ.

You get a better score the more stuff you find and the better gear you craft too.

You effectively have an hour time limit which you u extend briefly with painkillers and for a bit longer with medicine.

Food and water effects will become obvious.

The faster you get through the map the more stuff you find, but you also don't know where hideouts are etc.

Loot is also randomised. As well as starting point, so you could go one run with all meds and no guns, and one with all clothes. Etc.

Just had my absolute best run, had antivirals, and ended up being surrounded by assholes. Dammit.
  • Any tips on levelling up in general? I'm level 18 and a couple of levels below the next story mission. I'm just pootling around doing side missions, encounters etc at the moment. Should I be doing anything different? Dark Zone?
  • I personally wouldn't worry about the dark zone. Pootling about should see you fine.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • That's good. Sounds stressful in the dark zone.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Those that play it a bit, is there any value in not using the initial painkillers or saving the first fabric? I pretty much hat and painkiller it up every time.

I do exactly the same,
    My basic tips would be to learn a few spots were you can always get stuff.

Pharmacys (far north west is best one) for meds/painkillers etc.

Subways and manholes are places that lead underground for weapons etc.
    (id say its guaranteed unless your beat too it)

Theres an alley i forget were though i call clothes alley, its a big street with loads of cupboards and chest of drawers etc and gets you loads of clothing.

Those are my 3 main things i always do then i look for electronics etc and pick everything up en-route to make virus filter and advanced virus filter.

If im being really sneaky il let someone else call extraction and stay well away so as not to entice extra hunters, then help them out in last minute so we both extract.
    (if its a group of 4 il entice an extra hunter then hope at least one dies and dosent get revived)

Shame we are on different consoles becouse i have a garunteed route thru i could have shown you.

• Side missions, encounters. Bother to get all the extra stuff. Recordings, echo's. Always give food to civilians.

Also worth unlocking safe houses too. Just sneaking into a new area and unlocking a safe house gives you exp.

• Cheers davie, yeah, I know a few of those routes. Undergrounds are gold. Heli crashes, notso much unless you're in a party I reckon.
  • Biggest tip I could give is, there's loads of time, use it. Work your way around the outside of the map going through everything, you'll get loads of painkillers, mess and material to craft stuff, you can have loads of purples and blues before you go into the centre, then again take your time getting and crafting as many golds as possible. Too many people rush it and don't have a chance in the end game.
  • Good shout. If I've managed to sort virus filter and or meds/warmth early. I tend to put waypoints down on blank bits of the map.

(oh, that's a good tip for all too. Hideouts etc appear on the map ahead of you when other players find them. So you can use that as a safe route, going from hide out to hide out, but chances are, they've already looted the area. Another reason I love the mode, that's really clever risk reward design, IMO.)
  • So does the PvP version have people running about the whole city or just the dark zone? Can you get lynched anywhere or is it just co op?
  • So does the PvP version have people running about the whole city or just the dark zone? Can you get lynched anywhere or is it just co op?

Whole city.
  • Took vers advice to heart, really took time. Was sorted with clothes. Could stay outside permanently, had food water med kits. And a blue gun.

Decided to take on yellow enemies. Oh no.

Pro tip, colours matter.

Red dudes with pistol fine.

Purple dudes with an actual primary probably blue, if you're smart and have the drop, probably fine.

Yellow with anything less than great gear. Oh no. Run.

That the blizzard generally allows you to pick and choose fights is clever.

Once they're on to you it's brutal.

Amazing game.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Took vers advice to heart, really took time. Was sorted with clothes. Could stay outside permanently, had food water med kits. And a blue gun.

Decided to take on yellow enemies. Oh no.

Pro tip, colours matter.

Red dudes with pistol fine.

Purple dudes with an actual primary probably blue, if you're smart and have the drop, probably fine.

Yellow with anything less than great gear. Oh no. Run.

That the blizzard generally allows you to pick and choose fights is clever.

Once they're on to you it's brutal.

Amazing game.

Yep, pretty much right with the enemies! It's great to stay alive outside the DZ as long as you can collecting all the material you can and forming the best version of that material you can to make weapons/equipment/attributes, too many rush in and then have to try find all these things in there against a much higher quality of opposition.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    Took vers advice to heart, really took time. Was sorted with clothes. Could stay outside permanently, had food water med kits. And a blue gun. Decided to take on yellow enemies. Oh no. Pro tip, colours matter. Red dudes with pistol fine. Purple dudes with an actual primary probably blue, if you're smart and have the drop, probably fine. Yellow with anything less than great gear. Oh no. Run. That the blizzard generally allows you to pick and choose fights is clever. Once they're on to you it's brutal. Amazing game.
    Yep, pretty much right with the enemies! It's great to stay alive outside the DZ as long as you can collecting all the material you can and forming the best version of that material you can to make weapons/equipment/attributes, too many rush in and then have to try find all these things in there against a much higher quality of opposition.

Theres some yellows down a manhole who are easy-ish, flamer guys you can keep at distance and shoot there exploding bits.
    Always a good drop in there from them and that area.
    Wish i had a map i could mark.
  • Yeah, enemy type can still get you by.

The game I had where there was a yellow hanging with 2 reds just near opening hideout was a bit of a bitch though.

The two yellows that got me were swat. They had brutal silenced autos. Tried to run and they hunted me down and I went through 3 medkit revives. Mental.

• Cheers hodge. Have soloed so much so not even sure what's best to do, but I figure doing some dailies and some other stuff we could get you to 256 pretty quick.

If timing is better, a survival run would be awesome. You get a cache per rank in there. And it's pretty easy to be rank 1 just surviving for an hour.

• It's cool man,thanks for the game. Obviously a big difference in our gear scores but it was good to play with a badger,hasn't been the same this gen. Anyway,last time playing that for the foreseeable. Trading in Bone.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Am I george castanza or Ross from friends. Hmm.
  • Eh?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Couldn't find a pic. Was gonna be a bad joke about you playing online with me and that making you sell your bone. Ross and George both had wives who ended up lesbian.

How good are jokes that have to be explained. Jesus.
  • I hope self depreciation is what's coming through.
  • Haha,don't worry about it. It was preplanned. No idea who George is and I despise Friends so would never have got it. :)
  • I can get down with not liking friends.

But how the fuck do you live without Seinfeld moments in your life?

I mean, what the hell are you going to call a park close to your destination but a castanza?

Anyhoo. Tried pvp survival for the first time last night. Ara woke up before I saw another player, which is kinda a good thing to know.

Suspect pvp survival has less roaming packs of players. Was basically able to do all my usual early game stuff.

Will report back once I've shot at another player.
  • Think I'm slightly too young for Seinfeld at 35? Brother liked it but he's a few yrs older.
  • Mayber.
  • Ventured into the dz last night for the first time in a while. Some cunt shot me for a pair of trainers. Another guy killed me for fuck all. I asked him why. He said i looked suspicious. Ha

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!