A NextGen Console Poll!
  • Yeah, that's precisely why EA winning it is farcial. People voting that they're the worst for including DRM and microtransactions, then buying their games anyway because hnnngggh need mah game.

That they won by 78% or something shows how stupid it is; a concerted efort by online communities to have a strop about a business doing business In a way people on here have already said they're free to opt out of by 'just not buying it'

Gamers, whata bunch.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    A munch bunch?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Not sure about the fruits but vegetables certainly.
  • Pretty much. Happy to vote on a poll, not principled enough to vote with their wallets.

*gets ready to trot out boycottMW2steamgroup.jpeg*
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Oh Mod, I give up. Microsoft are doing swimmingly, everything's fine, this, whilst not being quite a textbook product launch, has only seen a couple of minor missteps which won't matter in the slightest in a few months when the consoles hit the shelves.
  • Sigh, so another next gen thread goes the same way.

Folks, this should be a time for excitement, or at least some good natured piss-taking of the industry. Instead it's mostly misery, one upmanship, snark and a weird competitive tension.

As a games forum, the next generation of consoles is probably the subject of interest to most people here, where a lot of people want to find out what's going on, and even comment on it. Having every thread turn into a drawn out slog of the same few people's opinions repeated ad nauseum in bad humour is unfair on everyone else. The next gen suddenly seems to have had all the fun sucked out of it.

Anyway, I'll take a look a the separate format threads that have emerged with the hope it's different there. It is, isn't it?
  • Don't do it!

Edit: sad smiley went angry
  • It isn't. :(

Edit: I was trying to make a general point aimed at nobody in particular, but fuck when you see all the different shitstorms in all the different threads there is only 1 person consistently involved in all of them. Any guesses?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Focking hurl.

three pages and the last page doesn't look good!
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    It isn't. :( Edit: I was trying to make a general point aimed at nobody in particular, but fuck when you see all the different shitstorms in all the different threads there is only 1 person consistently involved in all of them. Any guesses?

Oh do fuck off. I didn't even look in here until it hit four pages. It was all hugs and kisses till then?

Excuse fucking me for stating an opinion. Go have a bitch at those loudly contesting it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Hugz gaiz!
  • FsqyskP.jpg
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • GameSpot global Twitter poll.

Obviously one should take all polls with a generous pinch of salt. I do find this one on the OXM forums that I posted I couple of pages back most interesting though, it does seem like a fair amount of Xbox gamers are actively put-off by what MS is doing.

I hope that MS buck up their ideas in this next gen. I wouldn't want Sony to feel like they have no competition a few years down the line.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Wow Saudi's on 50/50.

WHat was that stuff about Xbone not being out in poland. Think Workid mentioned something. I couldn't be fussed going through the posts to find facts had been posted. I just think it'd be ironic if their biggest markrt (on this poll) wasn't catered for at launch.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Also Japan... despite MGS being "exclusive" (*)...

(*) - it's not exclusive, sorry about that
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Jesus.

Srsly?

I guess it's harder for a yank firm to localise for Japan but you'd think they'd nail that and get all the staff they need to supply the Far East region on launch.
  • PS4 being further ahead in the US than it is in Japan is a little bit amazing.
  • beano wrote:
    Wow Saudi's on 50/50.

WHat was that stuff about Xbone not being out in poland. Think Workid mentioned something. I couldn't be fussed going through the posts to find facts had been posted. I just think it'd be ironic if their biggest markrt (on this poll) wasn't catered for at launch.

I posted it too. CD Projekt are from Poland, The Witcher 3 is their game but no one in Poland can play it on Xbox One at launch currently. That said, they're massively into PC as the original 2 sold like hot cakes there.

• beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Looks like Sony might not have Japan in their 2013 launch either from searching news for an answer.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    PS4 being further ahead in the US than it is in Japan is a little bit amazing.

Sony haven't given a Yen price or even a launch date yet. I'd expect they're feeling a bit snubbed.

But hey, we wouldn't hear about their internet rage quit.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    With Sony expecting Xbox One to be advertised across Europe far more aggressively, CVG heard from a company insider that, if the PS4 launch stock is tight, the US and Europe will take preference over the perceivably "safe" region of Japan.

Though I suppose they have a safer bet.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Questions which may have already been asked but probably can't be answered yet...

- How does the "10 people in my family can play my licence, just not at the same time" line up with "anyone on my box can play my game"?  Can I buy, then play with a different account on my box, while a different family member on a different box plays it (as that still only means one family member playing it)?  Can that family member even download and play on a different non-family account on their box?  So many loopholes to close...  Or does that mean all people on the same box have to be the same family?  Then what if you're at 10 and want another account??

- All consoles have the benefit of not buying at launch meaning you get cheap e.g. launch games as you're buying them late.   Will XBox One have that even more so with the family thing? I'm quite tempted to delay a purchase if it means I can then join Moto's "family" and play all the early games that he's completed by then.

- The dimensions below seem to show PS4 having 61.6% the volume (not 63% less volume) than XBox One.  And more depth FWIW (in terms of size not gaming catalogue obvs).

XvsS-Next-Gen-Size-Comparison.jpg
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Excuse fucking me for stating an opinion. Go have a bitch at those loudly contesting it.
    Nothing wrong with stating an opinion. Well, the first few times at least. Just no need to be so antagonistic about it.

I'm not singling you out as being antagonistic BTW, and all the people you've had arguments with, including myself, have been guilty of it at times. It takes two sides, it's just that more often than not you seem to be one of them.

I'm not the first person to mention a rather unpleasant competitive atmosphere/tension in these threads, and I hope we can all do something about it.

Edit: Perhaps my previous comment wasn't very constructive. Frustrations boiling over, I guess. Better having come back after a few hours away.
  • Yeah people are really digging their heels in whilst the PR guys just spin out a load of effluence that, until release, probably won't ever be nailed down as solid.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    - How does the "10 people in my family can play my licence, just not at the same time" line up with "anyone on my box can play my game"?  Can I buy, then play with a different account on my box, while a different family member on a different box plays it (as that still only means one family member playing it)?  Can that family member even download and play on a different non-family account on their box?  So many loopholes to close...  Or does that mean all people on the same box have to be the same family?  Then what if you're at 10 and want another account??
    I'm not sure it's that complicated. If you're part of the same 'family' you can play games that other members of the family have, just not at the same time. Outside of that you would need to purchase another copy of the game.

I'd assume that you can't register a game to one account, then register the same copy to a separate account that isn't part of your family.
  • It could have been really restrictive, if it had been one parent account with CC details etc, and the others are 'child' accounts - doesn't appear to be the case though.
  • Yeah, it appears to be more web like as opposed to branch like.

Diagrams of spiders and trees, that's what MS need.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    If you're part of the same 'family' you can play games that other members of the family have, just not at the same time. Outside of that you would need to purchase another copy of the game.

That's not quite what they've said though, is it?  I'm sure they said "anyone can play it on the same box as you" (and they didn't mention family as part of that).

But I'm prepared to believe I'm over-complicating it nevertheless!
  • It's also being discussed in the main thread (which, BTW, has been a very pleasant and therefore interesting discussion for the last few pages), and there's more info there.

But as I said before, it sounds like a really promising system, especially for the potential of setting up 'forum families', since I don't really know people in real life that still play video games.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!