PlayStation® 4
  • No idea what is and isn't launch or timed but... Ryse, Titanfall, MGSV and Halo 5 all had me frothing. Not a great deal more than Sony's offering but enough that I would prefer them.
    That's a relief.  I hate 'you are the controller' nonsense, Titanfall looks ok but not essential, and I've never cared enough about MGS or Halo to consider buying those.

MGS to Xbox exclusive is quite a big deal though, isn't it?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    Since I haven't caught up with E3 yet, until someone does an Xbox ONE thread, which as as good an OP as this thread, I won't know what these attractive exclusives are.
    Quantum Break (and the accompanying TV series), Halo (and the accompanying TV series), Spark, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 (though I'd pick Drive Club over this), MGS 5 (not 100% on it being launch though) and Ryse and Titanfall (if this is within the launch window).

Throw in the non-exclusives such as Battlefield and for the first few months the XB1 is the better gaming console for me without including all the media stuff I want.
  • No idea what is and isn't launch or timed but... Ryse, Titanfall, MGSV and Halo 5 all had me frothing. Not a great deal more than Sony's offering but enough that I would prefer them.
    Think Titanfall is timed, there's not been any confirmation one way or the other afaik. 
    MGSV is multi-platform. But both of those do look good. 

I think I'm done with Halo. Ryse looks like a God of War QTE fuckfest. 

Don't think there's enough seen so far to tempt me in at launch for either box.
  • MGS isn't an exclusive.
  • Cheers Monkey.
    Had a feeling Titanfall and MGS would be multi to some degree.
    If MGS isn't timed then I will be swayed over to PS4 actually.
    Ryse looks like a God of War QTE fuckfest.
    I loved God of War so that is no problem for me, I like big flashy hand holding sometimes. Totally get why others don't mind.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    MGS isn't an exclusive.
    I keep forgetting about Major Nelson's fuck up and the timed exclusive keeps staying in my head!

I still want to see a Launch Day list because as I will be buying both consoles anyway it is the opening salvo that is more important to me.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Why do people keep saying that Ryse is a QTE?

My understanding of QTE's is that you have to press that button or else you die, in Ryse they were simply finishing moves, you can see some of the enemies walk away while they still have the button icon above their heads.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Why do people keep saying that Ryse is a QTE? My understanding of QTE's is that you have to press that button or else you die, in Ryse they were simply finishing moves, you can see some of the enemies walk away while they still have the button icon above their heads.

Not always, no.

People are saying QTE because every single fight the guy had ended with floating button prompts telling the player which button to press to kill the opponent.
  • They're the same prompts that turn up in God of War, QTE has become a byword for anything that happens in game that is determined by on screen prompts that aren't in the control scheme, like Kratos's brutal finishers and Ryse's finishing moves.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Ah right OK, yeah Ryse is QTE fuckfest!
  • From what I saw, it looked like you attack, then (just like GoW) when the enemy has been beaten up enough for a finisher, a button prompt flashes over their head, you press that and then there's another QTE. In GoW, this bit could go on for a while depending on the size of the enemy. You don't have to kill them with QTE of course.
    Edit: What Tempo said.
    I can understand why people think the Xbox's line up is stronger. No one shells out hundred of pounds on a console to play a load of £5 indie titles.
  • Tempy wrote:
    They're the same prompts that turn up in God of War, QTE has become a byword for anything that happens in game that is determined by on screen prompts that aren't in the control scheme, like Kratos's brutal finishers and Ryse's finishing moves.

Yup.  They're a pain in the ass in GoW.  They do at least keep them for finishers on bosses, rather than every enemy you fight.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I also feel quite convinced that the best versions of the multiformat titles will be hitting PS4, which helps make up for the lack of exclusives.

If you have a look and compare the last 18 months of the PS3 and 360, Sony are killing MS in terms of exclusives right now.

Sony have way more, and betterer, 1st party devs at work. And give me Second Son over Ryse any day.

Even Trials is going multi now, right?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It's not the multi's for me it's the exclusives so there has never been any doubt about me getting a PS4 (at this moment in time I still have a £20 pre-order in place) but I've got to go where I think I will be happiest at the time and so far the launch titles and irl mate's are swinging me to the Xbox One. I'm not a fanboy and if this was the other way then so would I be I just want more bang for my buck at the time.

EDIT: I do think the exclusives will definitely swing in Sony's favour though, both in quantity and quality.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    MGS isn't an exclusive.

And Titanfall is. Despite the repeated vain hopes.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    yep trials is multi.

as i said in the e3 games thread theres titles missing from the list. (e.g.new superstardust).
    and a lot of them non exclusives are exclusive. (planetside2, warframe, war thunder, dust514, dcuo).
    the exclusives iv named are all f2p too and owned by soe.

edit: ffIIIIx is exclusives to ps4 and ps3.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    MGS isn't an exclusive.

Neither the dev or publisher has ruled out a PS4 version, which suggests it won't be exclusive forever.
  • The other sticking points are the controller. I really do want to hold one before parting with £300. Plus, as I have said before, I have never loved any Playstation, I have had them all but they have always been second fiddle to another console.
  • @davie That list needs to get SHARP about Console Exclusivity vs Platform (yeuch) Exclusivity because Planetside and Warface are already on the PC as F2P games too, which is precisely why those original lists didn't list them as exclusive, because they technically aren't, just like 90% of their indies.

Not a dig at the PS4 at all, just making it cut and dry for those odd folk who have a PC (hihi i have one too be my friend)
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    MGS isn't an exclusive.

I'm not sure why you quoted me to say that or what Titanfall has to do with MGS not being an exclusive.

Titanfall will be available on Xbone, 360 and PC though.
  • I am still waiting for launch title confirmation before making the final decision to stick with my pre-order.
    Nothing that I couldn't enjoy just as much on my PS3 as yet.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • daviedigi wrote:
    yep trials is multi. as i said in the e3 games thread theres titles missing from the list. (e.g.new superstardust). and a lot of them non exclusives are exclusive. (planetside2, warframe, war thunder, dust514, dcuo). the exclusives iv named are all f2p too and owned by soe. edit: ffIIIIx is exclusives to ps4 and ps3.
    Actually I think sony's F2P direction is going to be a big deal - especially Planetside 2, which from what I gather is pretty ace and I reckon should have been made more of a fuss of.
    Mod74 wrote:
    MGS isn't an exclusive.

The devs have essentially said it's a timed exclusive. When they were asked directly if they were coming to PS they said something like 'we're delighted to be launching on the xbox'. It may be a wait - possilbly even until the sequel, but this won't be an xbox exclusive franchise I don't think.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    @davie That list needs to get SHARP about Console Exclusivity vs Platform (yeuch) Exclusivity because Planetside and Warface are already on the PC as F2P games too, which is precisely why those original lists didn't list them as exclusive, because they technically aren't, just like 90% of their indies. Not a dig at the PS4 at all, just making it cut and dry for those odd folk who have a PC (hihi i have one too be my friend)

i dont think we are including p.c. though temps?
    console threads you know.

(if you play warframe of planetside2 i could make myself available over the weekend, just figuerd youd be on dota2 :) )

• I guess not, but I think it's important still, especially for indies as they can pop up on other platforms fairly rapidly and some people like to curate (cheers E3 PR bozos) their collections in different places.

I've never got around to Warframe or Planetside 2 due to lack of people playing, but this weekend is reserved for borrowing a PS3 and buying The Last of Us ;)

• Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    ...but this weekend is reserved for borrowing a PS3 and buying The Last of Us ;)
    And rightly fucking so!
  • Thing about PC gaming is that if I bought the components needed to upgrade my PC to run games with the level of fidelity of PS4 titles I would need to spend more than £349.
    Would love to have that sort of disposable income.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Mod74 wrote:
    MGS isn't an exclusive.

Titanfall is also on PC and 360.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    @jrpc: they were suposedly doing smaller showing and letting people try them on the show floor.
    all the main companies sony, ms, ea and ubi took so many of the biggest you tubers and allowed them to do there own filming.

here is ksi of you tube on fifa 14 and on both confrences.

• Sasukekun wrote:
    Thing about PC gaming is that if I bought the components needed to upgrade my PC to run games with the level of fidelity of PS4 titles I would need to spend more than £349.
    Would love to have that sort of disposable income.

Yeah this wasn't supposed to be PC vs PS4, this was just supposed to highlight the fact that some "exclusive" titles, including indies which you could probably play on your work PC, are not "exclusive."
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I guess not, but I think it's important still, especially for indies as they can pop up on other platforms fairly rapidly and some people like to curate (cheers E3 PR bozos) their collections in different places. I've never got around to Warframe or Planetside 2 due to lack of people playing, but this weekend is reserved for borrowing a PS3 and buying The Last of Us ;)

i never even factord that in and will be doing the same.
    (except the borrowing part)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!