Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    MGS isn't an exclusive.
    And Titanfall is. Despite the repeated vain hopes.
    Neither the dev or publisher has ruled out a PS4 version, which suggests it won't be exclusive forever.

Yes mate.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Ta 10p. That was it.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Titanfall could come to PS4

The dev says: - 
    "We of course would want to go further in the future with stuff, but we're just starting out. It's pretty frustrating! We want to be everywhere. We want to put Titanfall everywhere, but that's where we're at. We're starting there."

"It's definitely not out of the question," Emslie said when asked if we could ever see the game on PS4. "We have a huge appreciation for the fans. Coming out and showing it to everybody, we're super nervous and wanted to make sure everybody loved it. We love all our fans, whatever console they support.
    "So yeah. We want to make everybody happy, but this is where we're at right now."

EA (the publisher) says:-
    "Obviously a business relationship between Electronic Arts, Respawn and Microsoft led to this," says Söderlund. "There are always reasons for that, but we can't go into them."
    "We haven't communicated anything on that (a PS4 version), and I can't comment on that right now. We're proud to be exclusive to Xbox."

So MS gave them a sack of money and told them not to mention when / if the exclusivity deal expires. It certainly doesn't sound like its imminent. Might be for three months, might be for a whole trilogy of games. No telling at this point.

I'll get it for the 360 probably.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Either way it's not the Dev calling it exclusive...I've seen stuff that speculates between six months and a year.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Besides, it's being published by EA who aren't exactly known for producing exclusive titles.
  • Yeah I can't see an EA game like that not getting released on PS4 at some point. And they'll probably want it out well before a sequel. So I'd bet about a year max. Complete guesswork obv.
  • Can we all agree that some things which currently look like they might be exclusive might not always be, and people can feel (dis)satisfied when anything is confirmed?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    So it could be three months or 9 years.

If you want to play the game you've got a definitely and a maybe. That's as good as exclusive to me.

"we want to be everywhere"? you could just as easily say there might be a Linux version as well.
  • Quite.  But, can we all agree that some things which currently look like they might be exclusive might not always be, and people can feel (dis)satisfied when anything is confirmed?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Besides, it's being published by EA who aren't exactly known for producing exclusive titles.

It's being published (ie sold at retail) through EA Partners.
  • I'm glad that's clarified.  i'm just going to agree that some things which currently look like they might be exclusive might not always be.  That way, people can feel (dis)satisfied when anything is confirmed.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yes, very good. Your sarky repost didn't seem to take account of the fact I'd written mine at exactly the same time as your first. A second repost is just looking a bit dickish. Here's to many more whenever anyone replies to a topic you've decided isn't for discussion.
  • I apologise for not noticing the time of your post.  I apologise for reiterating the idea that working the point like a dog works a bone when we don't have any confirmations either way is a bit silly.
  • The exclusivity discussion was much better than this one.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    So it could be three months or 9 years. If you want to play the game you've got a definitely and a maybe. That's as good as exclusive to me. "we want to be everywhere"? you could just as easily say there might be a Linux version as well.

Yeah, except it looks like there will be quite a lot more money in a PS4 port than a Linux port or even (the way things are currently looking) than they will have earned through retail on the One, with quite a lot less effort involved as you're porting a game which already runs on PC to a box based on PC architecture.

So yes, it might be three months, it might be nine years if Microsoft have gone entirely crazy with their chequebooks and paid for exclusivity way past any point which is likely to make the blindest bit of difference to their sales (although this is certainly a possibility as they've gone entirely crazy with their policies), but it looks like there is a decent chance of it coming to a console I intend to own in the future. This is good enough for me, for now.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    I apologise for not noticing the time of your post.  I apologise for reiterating the idea that working the point like a dog works a bone when we don't have any confirmations either way is a bit silly.

And yes, on the one hand it is a bit silly, on the other it's a bit of harmless speculation about the possibility of a game I'm interested in arriving on a console I intend to purchase.
  • I have no problem with keeping an open mind.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    Can we all agree that some things which currently look like they might be exclusive might not always be, and people can feel (dis)satisfied when anything is confirmed?

i read all these posts again with david mitchels voice, it were entertaining.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    beano wrote:
    I'd love to see a sub index for games in the console specific threads

With the parent threads stickied.
  • Im really interested in how gaikai will work and what bthe actual streaming experience will be like. Having never owned a ps3, there are 6/7 ps3 exclusive games id love to play.
    Yes I could pickup a 2nd hand ps3, but if the streaming is good and digital games price point is reasonable I could see myself buying a ps4 sooner than I intended.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Im really interested in how gaikai will work and what bthe actual streaming experience will be like. Having never owned a ps3, there are 6/7 ps3 exclusive games id love to play. Yes I could pickup a 2nd hand ps3, but if the streaming is good and digital games price point is reasonable I could see myself buying a ps4 sooner than I intended.

Exactly my position. If there is decent (working - and not at silly prices) BC, then I could be in sooner rather than later.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    By miracle, upscaled 'n' filtered cheap PS1 games.

Good filters. 69p cheap.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Just so I know for the XB1 thread are games with a definite release on one system and no definite release on the other exclusive or not? It's quite an important issue regarding that some are placing their pre-orders based on such a thing!
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Just so I know for the XB1 thread are games with a definite release on one system and no definite release on the other exclusive or not? It's quite an important issue regarding that some are placing their pre-orders based on such a thing!

I don't think either console has actually detailed what their launch software line ups are going to be.
    I don't see it as being that big an issue as people are free to cancel and amend their pre-orders as they see fit.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I was talking about exclusives not launch titles. Both are a very important issue but yet again I find myself thinking at odds to the majority. If a title is confirmed for one console but not for another that is an exclusive isn't it?
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:

I don't think either console has actually detailed what their launch software line ups are going to be.
    I don't see it as being that big an issue as people are free to cancel and amend their pre-orders as they see fit.

Think there have been some guaranteed by MS somewhere. Forza 5 I think.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I don't think either console has actually detailed what their launch software line ups are going to be. I don't see it as being that big an issue as people are free to cancel and amend their pre-orders as they see fit.
    Think there have been some guaranteed by MS somewhere. Forza 5 I think.

Yeah I know. But we need to know full launch line ups. I can't decide whether or not to keep my pre-order without knowing what games I'll actually have to play.

Also, Sony need to make it clear what peripherals will work.
    I have a Pulse headset and would love to know if it'll be supported.

Edit: Wavering a little bit, think there may actually be launch software worth getting with regards to Watch Dogs and Diablo. If they're launch titles.
    Granted, could get them on PS3, but can I resist the extra shininess?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Right, time to pre order this.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Plan M wrote:
    Right, time to pre order this.
    Mine is still in place but I still really need to know the launch/Q4 titles.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!