Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    I still remember the era of 16bit consoles where each system and computer has a differentiated library. The ps3, 360 and now ps4 and xbox have incredibly similar lineups.

Which is why I agree with Yoss in theory, but feel the opposite way in reality. In a perfect world, we'd buy our favourite console and have access to all of the games, but when it's a case of having 90% of the stuff you want on one platform, and then having to buy an entire other console for a piddling few games that've fallen off the radar...

In this environment, I'd rather have 10% shared and 90% unique. Games that play to their hosts' advantages, arriving with due frequency to make each console worthwhile to those games' fans.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    If you only buy one console though, better to only miss out on the other console's 10% rather than 90%?

Not much help if that 10% contains anything "essential".

Thankfully not the case for bone trololol
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @Esacpe but your favourite console isn't really defined by the hardware, it's the games available on it that makes the personality of the console appeal to one group or another.

The whole Mario vs sonic thing was more important back in the day, if all consoles have all games. Which they now pretty much do, then it's just a matter of what fits best in your av rack. Or in my case, what goes with the Eco system I'm kinda sold on. In this case PS Plus. Tbf I think this, for me, is where MS lost me last gen. They were too little too late to react to PS Plus and I jumped ship after always being xbox first, Sony consoles (apart from ps1) always came second place to me. And even with that I switched as soon as I could to N64 as it had the games I wanted to play. The actual console itself wasn't a factor.
  • Played some PvZ: Garden Warfare earlier. Really good fun. Brilliant value considering it was free. The use of challenges for each class is already proving to be fairly addictive.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's more entertaining than Destiny. There, I said it.
  • Having your balls ripped off and cooked in a tomato sauce while being flicked on the forehead by a salivating drug lord is more fun than destiny. 

There I said it.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    When's that out and is it a timed exclusive?
  • It's not, but it's bloody good fun all the same.

Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Godfather dolmio bollock adventure is out Q2 2015

• Exclusive to game boy advanced

• Wish I was cool enough to not enjoy destiny
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Free Plants versus Zombies!!!! Awesome, almost picked that up a few times myself, glad I held off!!!

Nearly missed out on this. Had read the original advert as a weekend of free access, not unlimited access. Didn't think I'd get the chance to play this weekend, so I thought I wouldn't bother. Thank god I came on this thread. Nearly paid 20 notes for this the other week. Cheers EA!
  • Free Plants versus Zombies!!!! Awesome, almost picked that up a few times myself, glad I held off!!!

Nearly missed out on this. Had read the original advert as a weekend of free access, not unlimited access. Didn't think I'd get the chance to play this weekend, so I thought I wouldn't bother. Thank god I came on this thread. Nearly paid 20 notes for this the other week. Cheers EA!

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    We get it, but don't think it warrants three posts ;-)
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    PES 2015 for £24  in the 12 days of Christmas seemed too good to pass up. Some fine deals so far this year...
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • It's started!

Syph79 is multiplying unconstrained!

The end is nigh.

Willies will fall off.
  • Mirrors Edge was free for PS3 too.
    I might finally get to play it.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Ha! Just seen this. Had a couple of error messages, so assumed it hadn't registered the post. The tube and this forum don't mix.
  • Anyway, while I'm here:

• Don't know if this has been out anywhere else, but London based peeps may want to queue in the cold and buy a limited edition PS4 for £19.94. Sony have a pop up shop in Tower Hamlets tomorrow from 11.00. You just need some old PS memorabilia and the catchphrase: I crashed my Bandicoot. There's 94 of them up for grabs. Video on Sony's YouTube channel.
  • Don't know if this has been out anywhere else, but London based peeps may want to queue in the cold and buy a limited edition PS4 for £19.94. Sony have a pop up shop in Tower Hamlets tomorrow from 11.00. You just need some old PS memorabilia and the catchphrase: I crashed my Bandicoot. There's 94 of them up for grabs. Video on Sony's YouTube channel.
  • This forum is broken for me. So, so broken.
  • This forum is broken for me. So, so broken.
  • This is clearly just a shameless attempt to make the two hundred posts required to access the forum's secret area.
  • Busted

(Who knows how many times this will post?)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!