The loneliness of the long distance gamer
  • Yesh, indeed.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Go and say

You're fucking with the jay pal..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • g.man wrote:
    Yesh, indeed.

I'm just amazed.. Speechless.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Can I just say that Schwarzenegger thumb has made my night.
    No you may not.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Elmlea wrote:
    How terribly clever.
    :-( Sarcasm?  Unless of course you mean that because of the fact that the character is known as 'The Hand' which I've actually only just copped onto... Christ – apparently I'm dense AND clever!

No no, I was actually replying to the post before yours, about electronic cigarettes.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Can I just say that Schwarzenegger thumb has made my night.
    No you may not.

Ok

• G.man getting down to some P Funk????
  • hahahahaha
  • I knew he was a Funkdapus
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • g.man, maybe best ignore my previous advice re: e-cigs unless you fancy being taken out by an anti-terrorist swat team.
  • Hahaha, I did have a good chortle about that today.

...in other news...
    bags all packed and up with the lark tomorrow morning to head up to T in the Park. Hopefully we'll get a dry day tomorrow for the rig, but the weather for Saturday and Sunday looks like wrath of God stuff.

The good news is once again I'm in the King Tut's Tent, so at least it won't be raining on me when I'm working, but the bad news is that once again the tent is situated at the foot of the compound and will doubtless be flooded again. Last year it was like the Somme, this year I shudder to think.

Feeling quite jaded about it all this year. I used to really look forward to this job, and once there I do generally enjoy myself, but any excitement is now long gone. I guess that's just what happens when you've done it as many times as I have. This is compounded by the bill in the tent being absolutely fucking rank this year (looking at the entire bill, it's fucking woeful on every stage. If the Roses weren't there the promoters would be struggling for business).

I think that New Order may be playing the tent on Friday night, but we're not covering any bands that night so we will probably be long gone. This would bother me more were it not for the fact that Peter Hook is no longer with them. Hooky is new Order as far as I'm concerned.

Saturday I've got various fuckers I've never heard of, then in the evening Amy MacDonald (who I like) and bloody Clavin bloody Harris headlining for the umpteenth time. Really, can we not just play in one of the five thousand other times we've recorded him?

Sunday is dire. The one ray of hope is that we're getting an early bath and not covering the final two acts, Nero and Skrillex. The trick will be to get our gear out at lightning speed before they come on so we can get the fuck out of Dodge before the sun sets.

Beeb are putting us up at Tulliallan Police college again. That's reasonably good news, however their breakfasts are among the worst on the planet. Still, free bar every night when we return. Can't say I'm to fussed about that either. It used to be a great social with a lot of mates you don't see often, but looking at the crew lists there's hardly anyone there I actually know anymore. Ho-hum.

roll on Monday

g.man
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Without Hooky, more focus is on Bernard.  Never a good thing. 

Massive New Order fan here, but even I know poor old Bernie is a terrible frontman. 

Oh, and Stephen Morris is equal to Hooky as being New Order IMO. He was a bit neglected when New Order started dabbling with drum machines, but boy can he drum. He's mesmerising. 

Have fun g.
  • Cheers Pea.

*fires distress flare*

g.man
  • Well this is all going very badly.
    I woke up three days ago with a sore knee. Haven't knocked it or twisted it. Just woke up with a sore knee.
    It's been painful, but you just think, oh, how odd, oh well, it'll get better.
    Only it hasn't, and now I'm in excruciating pain and can't bend my left leg at all.
    Now starting to seriously fear some sort of tendon damage or somesuch, which in my line of work is a catastrophic thought.
    So yes, here I am stranded at T in the Park for the next few days hobbling about like a fecking cripple. Not fun.
    I've got it strapped up with a knee support and am on a cocktail of painkillers and anti-inflammatories, but the painful truth is its just getting worse as time progresses.
    Took me half an hour to get my boot and sock off tonight and I'll probably have to find someone to put them on me in the morning because I can't actually reach down to even get a sock on my foot. What fun I'm having!

halp!

g.man
  • g.man wrote:
    Beeb are putting us up at Tulliallan Police college again. That's reasonably good news, however their breakfasts are among the worst on the planet. Still, free bar every night when we return. Can't say I'm to fussed about that either.
    Amazingly, when you're there it's best to fill up as much as you can at breakfast because, barring Friday lunch, it's the best meal you can get there.  (They get more for food per prisoner in the jails than they do per cop at police college.). Which bar do they let you drink in, g?  And which building is your room in?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Fucking hell g. Not good. Hope it gets better. 

Stood at Warrington Central waiting for the train to Modstock. Last few times I've got a train has been for  a stag do with mates. It's a bit crap on your own. 

I'm feeling the loneliness of this thread.
  • I'm in Tantallon B, mercifully on the ground floor. They don't let us use an actual bar Andy, we take over the assembly hall and set up a bar/buffet in there.
    I'm in fucking agony this morning. Can't bend my left leg at all now. It's just taken me forty minutes to put a sock on my foot and now I've got trousers on I've just discovered that its virtually impossible to sit on the toilet.
    Painkillers sadly are doing nothing, and it's now chucking it down outside.
    I'll hobble over for breakfast shortly, and after that I've got the rest of the morning to work out how the fuck to get a pair of waterproof trousers on.

pure hell this

g.man
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    I'm in Tantallon B, mercifully on the ground floor. They don't let us use an actual bar Andy, we take over the assembly hall and set up a bar/buffet in there. I'm in fucking agony this morning. Can't bend my left leg at all now. It's just taken me forty minutes to put a sock on my foot and now I've got trousers on I've just discovered that its virtually impossible to sit on the toilet. Painkillers sadly are doing nothing, and it's now chucking it down outside. I'll hobble over for breakfast shortly, and after that I've got the rest of the morning to work out how the fuck to get a pair of waterproof trousers on. pure hell this g.man
    Get some ice on that bastard, and some anti inflammatories.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Tantallon is the nicest we've got. At least Auntie isn't scrimping as much as she could. I once waltzed with a resuscitation doll on the stage of that assembly hall.

And, yeah, icepacks and anti-inflamatories. And if you're taking a lot of them, anti-diarrhoea pills too.
  • Yeah, we're usually in the shit rooms so it's a nice change this year, and yes, I was canny enough to pack pills for the runs.

thundering down now

g.man
  • Stuck in traffic now.

what fun

g.man
  • This is officially what hell looks like.

Jesus wept

g.man
  • Just one more day.

*sigh*

g.man
  • Maybe you could get a gig covering the Proms next year?  Much more civilised and a good deal less muddy, I expect.  Also, I'd bung you a few pints to point the camera at me more often ;)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Jesus Wept is my new official overused phrase of 2012. 

Lollingly used mostly by people who would define themselves as atheists. 

Lulz.
  • Jesus wept Reg.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    FUCK OFF
  • Two things.  First thing is that you can be an atheist and acknowledge Jesus as a historical figure (hello) but secondly, people who don't have religious beliefs are surely more likely to blaspheme, because they won't offend themselves.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ok. But surely the connotations behind it are religious - the concept of Jesus weeping is tied into a religious figure feeling physical pain, that's why the statement has its power?

Or is it just Jesus from down the road in Mexico?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I just think the statement is tardy and overused in Internet places ATM btw FWIW OK TYVM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!