The loneliness of the long distance gamer
  • SEE THE SIGNS. Fly into Dublin. Do Galway. And West Cork. 

(just pimpin' mah country)
  • SEE THE SIGNS. Fly into Dublin. Do Galway. And West Cork.  (just pimpin' mah country)
    YES do this. We'll take you for massive brews. MASSIVE. BREEEEWS
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • Plan M wrote:
    Nick wrote:
    Plan M wrote:
    I went out with a girl who lived in Bristol and had many happy times there. I used to do the drum and bass scene there. You couldn't beat it.

It was indeed great. I remember going to a Virus Recordings night in the crypt of a converted church? This was probably 1999/2000.

Wait a minute - I was at that VERY night. The one when Khemistry (from Khemistry and Storm) died in a car crash on the way to the gig? I'm sure it was then - in St Pauls, right?

I remember getting chased by a gang of black fellas afterwards through St Pauls because apparantly we had promise to lend them a few quid for a taxi (we hadn't at all).

Very scary, awesome night.

That's fucking weird. I was at that night.
  • I was actually offered the Dublin Cup yesterday. Sadly it clashes with when I'm in Newcastle doing the Olympics, so I had to turn it down.

I am fail

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Nick wrote:
    Plan M wrote:
    Nick wrote:
    Plan M wrote:
    I went out with a girl who lived in Bristol and had many happy times there. I used to do the drum and bass scene there. You couldn't beat it.

It was indeed great. I remember going to a Virus Recordings night in the crypt of a converted church? This was probably 1999/2000.

Wait a minute - I was at that VERY night. The one when Khemistry (from Khemistry and Storm) died in a car crash on the way to the gig? I'm sure it was then - in St Pauls, right?

I remember getting chased by a gang of black fellas afterwards through St Pauls because apparantly we had promise to lend them a few quid for a taxi (we hadn't at all).

Very scary, awesome night.

That's fucking weird. I was at that night.

Wow, small world! I remember that night well - one of the best nights out I've ever had; the epitome of 'underground drum & bass' before the likes of Pendulum came along and DJ Fresh sold out.

I don't do the scene anymore though I must admit - good memories and they'll stay that way.

(Sorry for deraling your thread g.man!)
  • No worries chaps. This thread is a free for all.

s'all good

g.man
  • Plan M wrote:
    the epitome of 'underground drum & bass'

You need to hear this

Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Plan M wrote:

You need to hear this

Love it. Reminds me of the stuff I listened to when I was in school. I loved MC GQ - he did an amazing set with DJ Hype at 1 in the Jungle in the 90s - remember that show?!
  • JUST LET US ON THE PLANE FFS!
  • Plan M wrote:
    I loved MC GQ
    GQ's brilliant. Big Techno and House fan too. He MC'd over Techno at an after party over here years ago.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • +1 for GQ.

And thanks to g for letting us run amok in his thread.
  • I want to bandwagon very briefly. Nick and Plan M's story has reminded me to mention that I've met Cocko a few times in Nottingham for various GameCity things, BUT It only twigged recently that I'd met him about 7 or 8 years ago (2 years prior to my Edge forays) after he sold a phone to my mate, who got chummy enough with him to call him on a night out for tips on Derby night life.

We me C-beard, went to a club, I got chatted up by someone about 4 years my senior who kept saying it was exciting because her boyfriend was in town (TERRIFYING) and then we went back to Cocko's house, listened to vinyl and crashed on couch.

MENTAL.

Carry on.

• Tempy wrote:
    We me C-beard, went to a club, I got chatted up by someone about 4 years my senior who kept saying it was exciting because her boyfriend was in town (TERRIFYING) and then we went back to Cocko's house
    : O
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • Clarification: not with that lass, I escaped.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I want to bandwagon very briefly. Nick and Plan M's story has reminded me to mention that I've met Cocko a few times in Nottingham for various GameCity things, BUT It only twigged recently that I'd met him about 7 or 8 years ago (2 years prior to my Edge forays) after he sold a phone to my mate, who got chummy enough with him to call him on a night out for tips on Derby night life.

We me C-beard, went to a club, I got chatted up by someone about 4 years my senior who kept saying it was exciting because her boyfriend was in town (TERRIFYING) and then we went back to Cocko's house, listened to vinyl and crashed on couch.

MENTAL.

Carry on.

Cool mate.

I used to play at a few drum and bass nights locally (I had my first pair of 1210s when I was 18 and have played for years - I don't anymore, work/wife has got in the way), we even had our our hip hop / drum and bass night that three of us ran for a few years. We got Taskforce, Andy C, Zinc, Mr Scruff, Roots Manuva to name but a few all to play (before they were big names) at our little old club.

Grooverider played one night (cost us £1000 for an hour - back in 1999) and came to a house party our mate was throwing afterwards.

He was a complete and utter c**t.
  • g.man wrote:
    I was actually offered the Dublin Cup yesterday. Sadly it clashes with when I'm in Newcastle doing the Olympics, so I had to turn it down.

I am fail

g.man

You're in Toon for the Oh! Limpets? I've got tickets for a few games at St James's.

Gamertag: gremill
  • Yup. That's exactly where I am.

:D

g.man
  • Plan M wrote:
    You need to hear this

Nice, it opens with a Depth Charge sample (who sample some kung fu film). Schmoked much ganja to that album.

"Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • Also, Bye G.man!
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • Ta ta turtle!
  • Hmmm...

I'd better start packing

g.man
  • g.man wrote:
    Yup. That's exactly where I am.

:D

g.man

I'll keep an eye out for you. Perhaps we could meet for a pint if you've time.
  • Indeed. I'll be too-ing and fro-ing between Newcastle and Glasgow throughout the fortnight on days off, of which we have several, but yup, I'll be there for several days at a time, so I'll give you a shout.

regards

g.man
  • All packed and ready to go. 
    Tomorrow I'm off to Snowdonia for (sadly only) a week, where by day I shall hoon it round the mountain roads in the WRX. Then in the evenings I shall sup ale and talk nonsense with the locals in the nearby pub where the landlord refuses to play any music or even switch on the telly. 
    Following that I shall sit on the beach, look out to sea, smoke lots of cigarettes and ponder the meaning of life. 
    I shall then stagger back to the three bedroom flat I've rented on the seafront, fall into bed, sleep the sleep of the righteous, and come the morning do the same thing all over again.
    What could possibly go wrong...

can't wait :D

g.man
  • Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
  • This is the life. Nothing to do but sit in the pub and watch the world meander by. No telly, no music, no football. Just ice cold Guinness and the craic of the locals...who are all speaking welsh.

*its taken fifteen minutes just to find enough phone signal to make this post.

peace perfect peace

g.man
  • Whereabouts on the Welsh coast are you?  I'm sure you've said before but I forget.
  • Nice one G. As the hardest working man on the forum, you deserve it.
    Enjoy!
  • Cheers chaps! FYI Elm, I'm in Criccieth.

hic!

g.man
  • Now sitting on the beach, pished, smoking fags and listening to Chill Out by The KLF.

I can hear my bed calling

g.man

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!