Vaping and ecigs.
  • Will this do?

Yeah, so long as you're happy with a cheap-ass one.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Oh, cross post, yes that Amazon one looks fine.

You need to be vaguely mindful of counterfeit stuff but anywhere/one with good reviews should be OK I guess.
  • Or the one you linked from amazon is fine Nick.
  • Thanks everyone.

Got my full shopping list, went to pay, realised I'm waiting for a new bankcard as the last one snapped on Saturday. Looks like quitting time is gonna be Monday...damn.
  • Panic over, the mrs has leant me hers. Time to get on the hyper-vaper train.
  • All ordered except the liquids....decisions. So Puffin is recognised as the most pleasant supplier of these?
  • Personal taste really bud. I think Totally Wicked make the best liquids, but they can be a couple of £ more expensive.
  • I've not tried Puffin, but they say they're weighted in the VG direction, so might be okay. Best I've had so far have been from ENjuice, but I'm looking to try UKECigs next 'cause theirs look good.

Don't doubt you'll try a few different places before you settle on the omen you like best.
  • Cool. Went with coffee and choc for the fullness of flavour. I want a hit, yknow?

So £35 all in for the bits and pieces. Now for the stinger of £150 for a decent tabletop job. My poor account.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Cool.

There's nothing in particular to recommend Puffin. They send the goods out quick and have free delivery over £20. It was Free on everything when I first went there but ho hum. I get through one 30ml bottle a month so a two bottle £25 order every two months works out fine.

The impression they give from the site and emails/packaging seems like they're set up well compared to some of the more back street operations. But who knows, it's easy to give the impression nowadays.

The actual liquid is nice and thin so it doesn't go gloopy but not so thin it's sharp. The PG/VG mix AJ was talking about. For a warm thick flavour like chocolate you'd probably want the thicker vapour, for the minty ones I prefer the thinner suits better. As AJ said they do let you experiment with PG/VG mix but that requires ordering multiple bottles to find the one you like best.

Seems odd to talk about thick and thin vapour, it's just smoke, but you'll see and feel the difference when you start using it regular.
  • Happy to have come on board. Since I'm ordering from 3 different sites, I'm probably not going to be up and running until next week now. But that's better than never quitting baccy at all.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Decided to get back into vaping for when I'm out drinking and willpower alone won't cut it.

I've got two tornado batteries so going to try your clearomiser ones. £8.50 a pop isn't too bad so will grab 2, a plinth and some flava flav.

May go for the Vivi Nova 3.5 tank. Hmmm, decisions.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Just put 1.5 mils of Chocolate e-liquid in mah Mini Nova. Got a bottle of Coffee steeping at home. For those that havnen't looked into steeping, it just means letting some air in the bottle then leaving somewhere dark to mature in flavour.

Anyway, the battery is charged and ready, let's do this. Any advice on using the thing itself? How long do you hold the button for? How much liquid do you put in?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Make sure the wick is good and soaked before firing the first time. Sounds like you've done that. You can top it up all the way to the little max marker on the side.

I personally in one long breath do clean air>>press button 1-2 seconds>>clean air.

Then remove the pipe, hold the vapour my mouth and breathe in with a bit more clean air. I wouldn't try breathing the vapour straight down as it's likely to blow your head off. That's gonna depend on preference though.

Keep it topped up beyond minimum, you don't want to try and burn when it's too low. You'll know if you do this by accident. Try not to store it horizontal between puffs as a bit of liquid can leak and it tastes nasty. And is supposedly bad for you raw. I have a little heavy bottomed shot glass I stand it in on my desk.
  • Wicked, cheers man.

And good news, rolled a cigarette ready to be disgusted with the vapour....really liked it and cig remains unsmoked. FREEDOM!
  • Sorry, just to clarify are you saying you hold the button down for a couple of secs before pulling on it?
  • It's personal preference really. Some people like to push the button before they start to drag, others after. I'd guess that starting to drag first would make the wick last longer.
  • Can't wait to be in front of my TV and smoke, no more standing outside. Just got to get the expensive weed vaporiser now, then no more smoking at all.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Sorry, just to clarify are you saying you hold the button down for a couple of secs before pulling on it?

No, I'm pulling clean air through the tube, then press the button, then carry on pulling after letting go of the button.

TBH, it takes a second for the button press to start producing vapur so you could press the button at the same time as pressing the button and you'd get the same clean>>vapour>>clean effect.
  • Cool, seems like I'll get the desired effect with a bit of practice. Last question - how often do you change wicks, and I'm assuming you would every time you change flavour?
  • Can't wait to be in front of my TV and smoke, no more standing outside. Just got to get the expensive weed vaporiser now, then no more smoking at all.

I was looking into this earlier in the thread and, if you're prepared to put the time/effort in, you can make weed juice pretty easily. Can't say how well it vapes, since the flash point of THC is roughly the same as that which these units run at, but it'd be cheaper than dropping £60 or so on one of the bud vaporisers.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I do yeah. I clean them about once a week and swap between the 2.4 and 2.8 ends that come in the Nova pack whilst one is drying.

To clean just disassemble the tank and rinse in warm water. I then dry the plastic/metal with some kitchen towel and reassemble with the spare wick head. Then leave the washed one to dry naturally.
  • Cool, seems like I'll get the desired effect with a bit of practice. Last question - how often do you change wicks, and I'm assuming you would every time you change flavour?

I usually just let one flavor blend into the next and change wicks when it starts tasting dodgy and a clean doesn't fix it.
  • AJ wrote:
    Can't wait to be in front of my TV and smoke, no more standing outside. Just got to get the expensive weed vaporiser now, then no more smoking at all.
    I was looking into this earlier in the thread and, if you're prepared to put the time/effort in, you can make weed juice pretty easily. Can't say how well it vapes, since the flash point of THC is roughly the same as that which these units run at, but it'd be cheaper than dropping £60 or so on one of the bud vaporisers.

More like £150 man...in my experience you just don't get a decent product for less. Although I was going to ask you about weed juice..learning to make that would be very handy.
  • £150? Wow, that's a fair bit. Is that desktop or pen style? I've never actually tried one and if they're that much may never.

Making juice basically just involves using vegetable glycerine to create a tincture, then diluting it with more VG and a bit of distilled water (or some PG, if that's your taste). The only problem is how long you need to leave it steeping to get everything extracted. If you're okay with a weaker juice and have something to do with the bud remnants afterwards, you can do it quicker, though. I've yet to try it myself, though.
  • Without linking, I take it you found a step by step guide? PM pls!
  • Oh and little review for this Choc EL from Puffin.

It tastes like the plasticy choc you get on the side of Fab bars. Not deeply unpleasant or very delicious, some sweetness and fullness of vapour that I like.
  • Without linking, I take it you found a step by step guide? PM pls!

I posted it earlier in the thread. If you can't be arsed to dig it out, I'll find it later when I'm not mobile.
  • Ah ok, thanks. Sorry I joined this party late.

These things are fucking awesome.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!