Vaping and ecigs.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The Totally Wicked Red Label is good. It isn't that cheap unless you're buying a lot, so you might want to start off with a 10ml bottle to see if you like it, if you do, the 5 pack of 50ml bottles actually works out to be a very decent price per ml, even if it is £80.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    OK, £4.99 for 10ml seems about the going rate and £2.99 delivery isn't too bad. Might try some of their other variants whilst I'm at it. Cheers.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I tried their standard and Ice Menthol. The Ice is certainly worth a try.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    There's a Menthol, and a Tobacco Menthol. I think the latter is what I'm after but I'll try the former as well, and try that Ice Menthol whilst I'm at it.

EDIT: What percentage should I select? Most places quote in mg, but these quote in percent. Something close to the Vaperone 24mg ideally.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    24mg = 2.4% IIRC.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Ahh, nice easy numbers. Cheers.
  • Ha! Looking for PC components, Scan are also selling ecig kits for what seems like decent prices (2xego c batteries, 2 x clearomisers+atomisers and USB cable for £34)

At the bottom of the page..

http://www.scan.co.uk/todayonly/index.aspx
  • Have I asked if anyone's got any recommendations/suggestions for where to order VG juice from? Or good brands, if that's how it goes. I found a few, but would rather avoid some of the trial and error if I can.

The ENjuice stuff was so-so, I guess, but my opinion's not going to hold much weight since I don't have anything else to compare it to.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Has anyone found the insides of their mouths going kinda rough?

Also, I wrote to the vaper one bloke and asked him which clearomizers (that he sells) fit on the Ego batteries I already have, this is his response for reference

CE4+
    MINI VIVI NOVA 2.0   *****
    VIVI NOVA 3.5
    F 15
    F17
    MT3S   ****
    ALL CUM APART TO CLEAN AND YOU CAN BY NEW COILS THY ALL FIT
    EGO BATTERY'S TED
  • I used to find both my mouth and throat got shitty before I switched to VG juice.

After the button going on one of the batteries I ordered, and seeing just how much better quality the proper Joyetech batteries are (like the way the light changes colour depending on how much power you've got left) I think I probably won't be ordering those dodgy knock offs Vaperone sell again.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Are they knock-offs then? It seems to function OK. I think they might just be older gen models. Given I'm getting on so well with them the money saved means I'm probably going to go for a fancier model. Where did you get your proper Joytech batteries from?
  • If they're older models, then Joyetech stepped up their game considerably a while back and they're proper ancient. Just holding them you can tell the build quality is notably lower. I'm sure there are decent quality "knock offs" you can get, since the style is so popular, and will likely buy some in the future, but I don't trust the really cheap ones any more now. I've also got a Vision (people who make the Vivi Nova) battery, which is technically a knock off, but that feels much higher quality.

It's actually my mate's old Joyetech I've got, from a year or two ago, I think. Not sure where's good to buy them from, I'm afraid. I think I remember seeing Joyetech have a list of approved vendors on their site somewhere, it that's of interest.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've gone over a year now, just decided enough was enough and stopped. I have had 2 slip ups and I have had to trust the word of those that told me as I was full on drunk.

I miss it though and I think I might go to cigars every now and again, next Friday will be the teller as I'm out with 20+ friends for my birthday...
  • Way to go, man. So long as you don't feel good about them and they don't happen very often, I don't see that slip ups are anything worth worrying about.

Picking which supplier to get juice from next has just got a while load more complicated.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    oooh, good find. Just ordered some Menthol from http://www.puffin-eliquid.com/ as they looked good, will let you know how it goes.
  • Looks decent enough. I like how many options they have for the mix, particularly the one for extra flavouring. What did you go for?

I'm thinking I'll go for one of the places offering all natural, organic ingredients next. I can see myself getting quite snobby about this, if I'm honest.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I just went for 30ml high nicotine strength, normal flavour strength, tobacco menthol.

For some reason I didn't use the code as I felt guilty about not being a forum member.
  • If a code's easily available, I usually assume that the discounted price is the normal one and the standard one is hiked. Though I have, on occasion, not used them on smaller businesses 'cause they seemed nice and I wanted to support them.

What PG/VG mix did you get?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I didn't specify anything so whatever their default one is I guess.
  • Fair enough. I couldn't find anything about what their standard mix is beyond the fact it's got more VG than PG. might be worth trying lower PG amounts to see if it helps the rough mouth issue. Right now I'm on <7% PG and it's lovely and smooth. Might try a VG/water one next.

Edit: hmm, that Puffin place is the first I've seen suggesting the nicotine amount effects the throat hit. Wonder how accurate that is.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    know the vaper one fluid isn't supposed to be that good, but I've almost ran out now and tried using the "Kanga" raspberry that came free. It's really harsh. Not the flavour but the sharpness of the hit. Much prefer the vaper one one.

I noticed the Vaper one stuff is quite viscous in the bottle and goes gloopy in the pipe quite quickly. The raspberry stuff is much thinner and didn't gloop as fast. It could be psychological but I think there's definitely something in the mix/thiness of the liquid being reflected in the vapour it produces.
  • That sounds right. VG is thicker than PG and produces more vapour. You have to dilute a pure VG one with water, it's that thick. I find VG a lot smoother than PG, but it's not meant to carry flavour as well.

I imagine different flavourings feel quite different, too; hence why I want to try an all natural VG one.

I'd that the Vaper one own brand that's harsh? The Plug n' Vape stuff I got from there was pure PG; it was too harsh for me and my throat felt like shit in the mornings, but the flavour was amazing.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    No the own brand one is smoother, thicker liquid, thicker vapour, less flavour.

The little free bottle is the opposite.
  • So what brand is the free one? Sounds like something to be avoided.

I find it odd how thick the Plug n' Vape stuff is, considering it's PG. Might be something to do with the extracts used for the flavouring.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    It said "1 bottle dekang E-liquid 10 ml" when I ordered but looking at the bottle now I don't see a brand.
  • Yeah, Dekang would be the brand; I've seen people complaining about it, particularly the fruity ones.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'm currently working through some of the Juicy eJuice stuff I ordered from Canada, and so far it seems very decent. A bit of a throat hit but not a huge amount, definitely not as harsh as the Vaper One own brand stuff, and nice, if quite sweet flavours. I got some of the Amsterdam eliquid from them as well but have yet to try it.

However, as decent as it is, I don't think it'll be worth reordering when it runs out as it's works out more expensive than the Totally Wicked stuff and seems pretty much on a par with it.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I'm currently working through some of the Juicy eJuice stuff I ordered from Canada, and so far it seems very decent. A bit of a throat hit but not a huge amount, definitely not as harsh as the Vaper One own brand stuff, and nice, if quite sweet flavours. I got some of the Amsterdam eliquid from them as well but have yet to try it.

However, as decent as it is, I don't think it'll be worth reordering when it runs out as it's works out more expensive than the Totally Wicked stuff and seems pretty much on a par with it.

I like the fact they (eJuice) have one called "Caramel Cuddles", it's sweet. I don't like the fact they don't tell you what ratio their mix is, though.

I've been thinking some more about making my own juice and wondering if I it'd work using some VG to make extracts from vanilla pods and the like, as you would with cannabis.

EDIT: Yes, it appears you can. Probably worth getting a cheap head to test it, though; not sure how well it'll vape. Next job is finding out how to extract nicotine. After that, methamphetamine production.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Breaking Fag
  • E-pipes are a thing. I lack the balls to smoke real tobacco but would deffo be down for rocking a pretend fake-o-pipe for attracting hawt babes by the hundreds.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!