20 Years of Edge Magazine
  • Those were the best sections for sure.
  • I haven't read this month's issue yet, but we get it at work and I've nabbed the spare copy (so I suppose I'll continue to read the mag every month).  On paper I don't mind a publication leaning towards a console based on the information they've been presented with.  The cover is needlessly controversial, but if they came to that conclusion whilst covering E3 then fair play to them imo.  It's better than just saying 'all three consoles are equally awesome'; they're still journalists, whether they work for a multiformat magazine or not.  It doesn't always show bias to prefer something at a certain point in time.
  • I want to hear Ian's perspective.

I bought it from the start if the ps2 era. Before that it seemed bloated and lacked the free gifts other mags gave (cover or sub). Obviously as I got older the style of cvg lost its appeal and nn64 mag was only 14 pages so edge seemed the logical move.

I might have even privileged, I actually just think I used my dinner money, but I bought practically all mags every month. Apart from the sega version of nms
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    Obviously as I got older the style of cvg lost its appeal

To me it didn't lose its appeal as much as it lost its staff in a shitty revamp. the mid to late 90's C&VG was one of the few mags that I actually looked forward to every month.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!