regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Chibi Robo ZipLash It's a fine Nintendo 2D platformer.
    The end
  • Did you get the amibo?

Probably a stupid question, because of course you did
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Y
    E
    S
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    reg's post manages to get across his pride and self-loathing is just three characters. ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Are you following me
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    No.

Yes
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Righto
  • Game of Thrones

Once again Telltale have got the general style and atmosphere of their property spot on. This really was Game of Thrones and suitably violent/depressing. Probably the hardest set of choices in a game like this and just a general sense that you were always up against it. Very good.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's a titanic rhino dump.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    It's a titanic rhino dump.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That-is-one-big-pile-of-shit.gif
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That's a great scene
  • Game of Thrones Once again Telltale have got the general style and atmosphere of their property spot on. This really was Game of Thrones and suitably violent/depressing. Probably the hardest set of choices in a game like this and just a general sense that you were always up against it. Very good.
    I love Game of Thrones on the tellybox, but hated The Walking Dead games. Would I like this?
  • Depends what exactly you hated. If it was the actual gameplay (quick time events, choices and some occasional walking around) you hated then yes you will hate this as it is very much a telltale game. However if it was more The Walking Dead aspect (storyline, characters etc.) then I don't see why you wouldn't like Game of Thrones. It is very authentic (theme tune, opening credits, certain characters from the show, story runs alongside some key events from the show) and certainly captures the Game of Thrones style.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Was deffo channeling that scene.
  • Uncharted 3. Liked it a lot more this time around. I wonder whether going in with less hype this time made the difference? Think I'll stick with 2>3>1 though.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS3)

Those who read the 'currently playing' thread will probably know how this is going to go.

The first two thirds or so are superb. You can run and gun, one shotgun in each hand, or you can sneak around putting silenced pistol bullets into heads. And it's all handled by the core FPS mechanics, there's no switching skill trees or locking yourself into one type of combat. If I bollocks up a stealth infiltration, I'd just switch to dual shotguns and go full mental. The game is linear, but there's still stuff to explore (and there's generally a good reason to explore, as there's secrets galore in this thing). The plot synopsis is classic Wolfenstein idiocy (OMG ROBOT NAZIS ON TEH MOON), but some how manages to have gravitas, helped immensely by nuanced likeable characters. I definitely preferred the "Nazi super science" blag over the occult shennagens of the previous Wolfensteins.

It's probably the only FPS I've ever played with a leaning mechanic that's actually useful. And it doesn't just do left and right, you can do up and down as well. You've essentially got Gears of War-style cover-based shooting from a first person perspective, and it works brilliantly.

Then it goes off a fucking cliff. Everyone starts knowing exactly where you are the instant you enter a room, so all those stealth perks you spent time earning are borderline useless. There's some bizarre plot turns (see spoilers below). By trying to bring things to an exciting crescendo, the game just starts throwing more and more of the tougher enemies at you, and that's when the combat starts to unravel as you realise that the bigger Nazi robots take what appears to be a random amount of damage before they pop.

I'd been warned about the final boss fight, and people were right. That gets covered in the second spoiler.

The first two thirds gets [10] stealth take downs out of [10] hidden caches of Nazi gold.
    The final third gets [4] frustrating gun fights out of [10] Nazi mechas. (But it's still better than Wolfenstein 2009).
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I was thinking of playing through a second time to follow the other plot arc (there's a Big Choice™ at the start that puts you down one of two timelines), but I really can't be smegged as there's no New Game+ option, so I'd lose all my perks, and I just can't bear the thought of the flawless opening and middle sections being marred by the absolute arse that is the closing chapters.
  • Agree with all of that, the end boss is total dog plops. So is the first level for that matter. So it's a bit of a dog plop sandwich. Except the dog plops are the bread.

I really enjoyed 2009 though it's no doubt aged terribly. I think the Saboteur is my favourite Nazi bashing game.
  • trippy wrote:
    I think the Saboteur is my favourite Nazi bashing game.

An under rated classic. I still enjoy shouting 'Top o' the morning to ya! or whatever time it is' at people.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Aye snapping Nazi necks, cracking cheesy puns, blowing stuff up and then smoking a fag never gets old.

It was fun in the Saboteur, too.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I want to play Saboteur, seems like a wee jewel
  • You should.. it deffo had it's moments. I liked the way the whole game went from black and white to color as you reclaimed stuff.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Lovely music too, the incidental stuff as you stood in a field smoking a fag and scoping out a radar installation was lovely.

Climbing a guard tower and slinging the occupant off it never got old. Great wee game.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sounds like primo bc stuff
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    @Swirl Which chap did you pick in the beginning?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    @Swirl Which chap did you pick in the beginning?
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Ahh you saw the best bits then with Hendrix. Feargus has someone else who's a bit dull.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Ahh you saw the best bits then with Hendrix. Feargus has someone else who's a bit dull.

I dunno, he was a bit of a non-entity.
    Spoiler:

I'm thinking I might just drop the difficulty and do a quick run through the other time line. I want to see what happens but I don't want to have to chew my own fingers off, just for something less painful to do, during the closing chapters.
  • Bob wrote:
    trippy wrote:
    I think the Saboteur is my favourite Nazi bashing game.
    An under rated classic. I still enjoy shouting 'Top o' the morning to ya! or whatever time it is' at people.

Saboteur definitely has its moments. Controls are a little ropey and I always found the stealth takedowns a little hit or miss. Nice soundtrack, great racial stereotyping and a trophy named 'a pint and a shag'. I think French, English, Germans and Irish can all be offended by this game.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I dunno, he was a bit of a non-entity.

wat did u miss this bit

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!