PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Is it me, or is it warm in here?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    PAAAAAAGE TUUUUUUURN!
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • You really don't do yourself any favours sometimes adkm. Anyway....let's move on.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Just spent a couple of hours getting an Uruk promoted to warchief and getting to level 20. Another cunting epic rune. FUCK OFF WITH THE CUNTING EPIC RUNES WHEN YOU KNOW I JUST WANT A CUNTING LEVEL 25 RUNE YOU TROLLCUNT FUCKNUGGET.

Just got my level 25 rune, the trophy that goes with it and, as a result of that, the Shadow of Mordor platinum trophy. The menu tells me I've been playing the story mode for 79 hours and 15 minutes.

Fucking hell.
  • Oh, yeah, I finished The Talos Principal and Road to Gehenna recently. Well, the standard puzzles, anyway, some of those stars are tough to find.

All in all, an excellent game. The puzzles are pitched just right so that I was regularly scratching my head, thinking "what the fuck," but never stuck for too long.

Story was okay, might have been better if the philosophy it was riffing on wasn't stuff I'd already been through in reasonable depth.

5/5
  • Telltale's Game of Thrones.

I usually love Telltale but this is my least favourite game of theirs, the new characters just weren't as interesting as the original ones and I wasn't into the art style. The voice acting is consistently superb though and I've added an entire point for having the tv shows intro.

7 dragons out of 10 buxom wenches
  • Monument Valley.

Was free on iOS the other day, great little game, enjoyed all 10 levels ... Reminded me of Ico.
    The Forum Herald™
  • There's some more levels in the middle icon at the top of the level select screen, if you like.
  • Pneuma
    That first person puzzler that was free on Games with Gold a while back. Not bad apart from the annoying narrator attempting a cut-price Wheatley. I'm not normally a fan of puzzle games (due to being shit at them) but quite enjoyed this one.

Lifeless Planet

Brief but enjoyable little adventure as an astronaut stranded on a mysterious planet. Quite atmospheric and certainly more captivating than most of the big-budget games I've played of late.

Sticking with the "indie" vibe for the time being (despite having Tomb Raider, Batman and the Witcher all sitting there) as I start Life is Strange.
  • Decided to have a break before going back to Dark Souls, and the so in the last Steam sale I picked up about a million games (well, 55) for less than 50 quid.

As a result, I've just polished off KOTOR the second. I can see where the praise comes from but man that game has issues. It's more interesting than the first one, aye, but, even with the content restoration mod, it has some serious fucking issues. That beginning trudge...and that end trudge...basically it's a top notch middle act sandwiched between 2 technically inept and dull sections. I'm still undecided on how much it deserves to be forgiven. When I liked it, I liked it a lot, but...you know...
  • I really wanna play through that again.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I never finished Kotor 2 for essentially the same reasons. HK-47 and some nice conversations with Kreia are the only things I can remember.

Completed a single game on Civilisation: Beyond Earth tonight just so I could say I actually did something with it after pre-ordering all that time ago and before I uninstall it. Consumers really did get a duff deal with this. It simultaneously feels like a very well made mod for Civ V and/or a vastly overpriced official skin pack DLC for Civ V. Voice acting is done on the cheap and faction leaders will often blankly stare at you as their unvoiced lines create some kind of vacuum. Aliens really are just space barbarians with no unique gameplay to feel any different to a game of Civ V. Wonders don't feel wondrous. It feels like Civ V went nuts reading too much classic sci-fi and was given a lobotomy.

If it wasn't for everyone loving the XCOM reboot I'd have expected Firaxis to have lost a lot of respect for BE. It didn't help they were courting comparisons to everyone's favourite cult classic 4X game Alpha Centauri then we found out that's like comparing Deep Space 9 to Enterprise.

5 conceptually failed spin offs (reboots) out of 10.
  • Civ: BE has improved quite a lot over the last months. I played when it came out and it felt even emptier than it does now.
    I guess we'll get the 'real' game in a couple of years, when they release all the DLC.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • Uncharted 3.

Beautiful at times but a hell of a slog by the end. The pacing was just all wrong. 2 managed to help you forget that there's not much of an actual game there by keeping things moving so fast there's no time to notice. This one plods along and relies way too much on the actual mechanics, which are pretty ropy to say they least.

I'm with the consensus on this one. It's 2>3>1 for sure.

The U4 MP demo was amazing though. So much better to control. The new one will be amazing.

Mario 3D World

Didn't actually believe the hype and thought it would disappoint after galaxy.

It didn't. Bloody amazing game, up there with the best of them.

Just unlocked the star world but so not quite done yet.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    "Consensus" my ass
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Heh
  • JRPC wrote:

Mario 3D World

Didn't actually believe the hype and thought it would disappoint after galaxy.

It didn't. Bloody amazing game, up there with the best of them.

Just unlocked the star world but so not quite done yet.

Saw a used copy in GAME yesterday for £45. Needless to say I didn't bother.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:

That's ridiculous.

Why anybody would use game/hmv anymore is beyond me.

You really shouldn't be encouraging them by going inside you know. Stick with the evil faceless international corporations.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • I always at least like to have a look while I'm in town.. sometimes just for giggles. Sometimes they have genuine bargains. All of ubisofts latest stuff was cheap on Sunday.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Civ: BE has improved quite a lot over the last months. I played when it came out and it felt even emptier than it does now.
    I guess we'll get the 'real' game in a couple of years, when they release all the DLC.

Is that with rising tide? I was playing it vanilla. RT seems like such a cynical cutting from the main game it put me off.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    I never finished Kotor 2 for essentially the same reasons. HK-47 and some nice conversations with Kreia are the only things I can remember.

Aye, Kreia is a great character and one of the most interesting I've ever come across in a game. And HK-47 wins in the psychopathic android field as well, up there with GLaDOS. Some of the other team members are interesting enough, I suppose - but everything is so undercooked.

Unfortunately, besides what you mentioned, not much else is really worth remembering.

Will get back onto Dark Souls after my exams are finished (end of December) so I'm using this time to go through stuff I have missed or forgotten. I polished off Portal 1 and 2 just now - played them before but that was on the 360, this time it was on the PC so I'm looking forward to playing some of the extra content and workshop stuff.

Even without that, though, they are brilliant games. I know some people prefer 1, but 2 edges it for me, even if it isn't as pure as the first.
  • Kreia is one of the GOAT, I think I'm gonna play through 2 again with the restoration mod this week.
  • I played with that mod. It sorts quite a lot...but there's still a huge amount of content that evidently never got done.
  • I'm not trying to put you off, by the way. I'm moaning a lot about KOTOR2 because it's worth it, and because it is obvious to see what it was supposed to be like. I wouldn't be complaining unless there was some really good stuff there. Enjoy, mate.
  • I enjoyed it first time round, I know a lot of people complained that it took too long to get a lightsaber but I loved the slow build.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    JRPC wrote:
    Bob wrote:

That's ridiculous.

Why anybody would use game/hmv anymore is beyond me.

You really shouldn't be encouraging them by going inside you know. Stick with the evil faceless international corporations.

Can get a tenner cheaper for a new copy on the tax dodging river
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Civ: BE has improved quite a lot over the last months. I played when it came out and it felt even emptier than it does now. I guess we'll get the 'real' game in a couple of years, when they release all the DLC.
    Is that with rising tide? I was playing it vanilla. RT seems like such a cynical cutting from the main game it put me off.
    Yes, vanilla. Apart from the emptiness, the menus and some of the graphics looked terrible on release.
    I don't think I'll bother with RT just yet, at least not until I can get a few other DLC packs.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • Just finished Life is Strange, went from Interesting to Amazing to Convoluted Pap over the course of the 5 episodes
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Just bought Life is Strange tonight, better not be in the sale next week.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!