PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The Beginners Guide

Sat through and played with Mrs reg. Good fun indeed and utter nonsense. The reveal at the end with the
    Spoiler:
    made us both splutter our whiskys.
  • I'm going to have to pay it again, I don't remember anything like that.
  • Walking Dead Season One

Another of the list, didn't expect to but really enjoyed that. Super casual gaming that you can play for an hour and achieve something. Gonna invest in some more telltale games now.
  • The Swapper

Been playing here and there for a couple of months. It's not a long game, but I found it suited the odd 15 mins here and there (and I appreciated having cloud save to switch between PS4 and Vita). The puzzles were very good.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's got chunks of atmosphere that game to boot. Found myself pretty invested in the existential space drama.
  • Yeah, that was good too - those slightly odd visuals aside - although playing it over such a long period meant I didn't follow the story that closely.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Shadowrun: Hong Kong

S'alright. Not as decently written as the previous game, Dragonfall, was. But that still keeps it miles ahead of the in hindsight terrible Shadowrun Returns.

After playing Undertale though it hits home how unvoiced dialogue rammed RPG's like this series suffer when there's little to no visual stimulus to back things up. Most games get away with average to sub-par writing by augmenting it with pyrotechnics or sound design. The engine HBS use for these Shadowrun games is too primitive to really do any of that and I really doubt whether I'd bother buying another one of these just on the fact I've probably seen everything they can do.

6 I'm bored of cyberpunk because it's real life now's out of 10.
  • Next one down in the pile of shame, Alien Isolation

Finally. Kept putting it off as it scared me shitless. Hour here or there was all I could handle, but managed to complete the last 2/3 hours today. Dripping with atmosphere, jaw dropping in places and always a looker, immense sound design and brilliant if sometimes limited AI makes this the best Alien game IMO, and one of the best games all told I've played in years.

8 facehuggers out of 9 xenomorphs.
  • Cracking game (Alien: Isolation). It's currently £7.50 on the Xbox store. Absolute steal at that price.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Showing as £29.99 for me.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fucking blammo, the Collection which includes the Nostromo set DLC is up for £12.49, cheers gents.
  • Really wanted to love AI.

Had buckets of atmosphere and I love the idea of it, but I just didn't find it fun to play. 

Lacked finess or sommink.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    NaissanceE

Good, creepy and weird. Fantastic soundwork. Amusing seeing people on the Steam forums scream about some of the "punishingly hard" platforming bits.

7 Tsutomu Nihei's out of 10.
  • It does have way too much platforming for basic FPS controls. Architecture is awesome, though; good enough to keep me trying to do that stupid bit in the pipe with the stupid rotating stuff and the stupid wind. I normally wouldn't bother with that much stupid.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    8 facehuggers out of 9 xenomorphs.

Not sure whether this makes you a genius or a heretic, scoring out of nine. Makes me angry and aroused.

Alien Isolation is also on my 'list of games to catch up with', hopefully I'll get around to it soon.
    JonB wrote:
    I played RE3 more than any of the others, even though it's probably not as good as 2 in that original series. Just got into repeated playthroughs and trying to do it quicker and with fewer saves.
    regmcfly wrote:
    I reckon I could have a damn good shot at a Nemesis speed run, it's so short.

Yeah, I've been tempted to go through again. My first run was only 10.5 hours, could easily do it much quicker this time around. I'd also agree that 2 was better, but 3 is the first Resi since 4 (I played them very much out of order) that I've wanted to play through more than once. And I'm not sure my multiple play throughs of 4 count because it was on various bits of hardware.

Back on topic, but Thomas Was Alone on the Wii U. Best quid-or-so I've spent in ages. Top stuff, though the middle stages with twitch platforming was a bit frustrating, the floaty jumping mechanics didn't suit the faster paced stuff. [8] rectangles with actual personalities out of [10] generic white guy action heroes.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Did God Hand a couple more times. Hard mode, no powers apart from 8-1 where it becomes Not Fun to restrict yourself aka I'm not good enough. If I don't fluke it first time then they're getting home-runned into outer space.
    Delirious for the most part, just a few sections which fall apart without powers (unless you have god-like counter-hit timing/luck). Devil Hand and Great Sensei are still the highlights and I usually hate the mirror-match bosses in brawlers.
    Release on PS4 pls
  • I wiuld love to see it get a HD remaster release on PS4. I would play the shit out of it. Well, I would try.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Pneuma

Great little game. Stupid peaks and troughs when it comes to the difficulty of puzzles but I suppose that matters not. Some very clever gameplay and I really enjoyed it. Unnecessary but nice little story throughout.

8 marble door ways out of 9 golden staircases....Just for Swirl.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    It does have way too much platforming for basic FPS controls. Architecture is awesome, though; good enough to keep me trying to do that stupid bit in the pipe with the stupid rotating stuff and the stupid wind. I normally wouldn't bother with that much stupid.

Yeah there's nothing in that section to suggest it's essentially timed and I think you need to hit the glowing portions to extend the time you have until the draft pushes you back? I'm still not sure.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Rose as a tomb Raider. Gorgeous game, but felt too samey to the first for me to truly love it. Plus that ending
    Spoiler:
  • I like the song from the advert
  • Journey

The closest thing I've ever played to a Studio Ghibli film. Beautiful, joyous little game.

9 magical feels out of 10 non-games.

Walking Dead was still GOTY though.
  • Life is Strange.

I liked it. I think. Kind of annoying that for every good element there was at least one bad. Some very lazy writing in parts, some very flat and clichéd characters, some crappy voice acting (chubby girl I'm looking at you).

It was saved by the central story thread but even that had some inconsistencies.

Just kind of wish it came together a bit better. Another thing being that even though they wear all their references on their sleeves with bright neon signs they couldn't divert from the cliches of those storylines in most instances.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just been broken by Emily Is Away. It's a free game on steam that will take you 20 minutes to play, but it nailed a lot of personal shit. The years ar uni in the game completely line up with mine and the situation in it is very similar to mine. The way the game gets more and more manipulative is great. Worth it, but I guarantee a lot of you will hate it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    "its not a game" etc

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!