regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Anyway,I'm onto cibele now because I'm a rampant sjw
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Just been broken by Emily Is Away. It's a free game on steam that will take you 20 minutes to play, but it nailed a lot of personal shit. The years ar uni in the game completely line up with mine and the situation in it is very similar to mine. The way the game gets more and more manipulative is great. Worth it, but I guarantee a lot of you will hate it.

We do actually have a thread for that game. But it's slipped down the pages. Chuck your thoughts here, mate.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's Cibele popped. Some real nasty stuff, felt incredibly invasive popping around the desktop, but dealt with love and relationships and shitty people in a real interesting way. Is only £2.99 on Steam atm
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Hentaiphd wears tacky Sailor Moon/Card Captor Sakura fashion so I don't have to so it's only fair I show support.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's the spirit
  • Life Is Strange --

Played over the course of about 2 months -- I really enjoyed it overall, a few iffy sections and flat spots in the story but I really enjoyed the setting - the campus sections in the early chapters reminded me of Bully, which I loved.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Journey The closest thing I've ever played to a Studio Ghibli film. Beautiful, joyous little game. 9 magical feels out of 10 non-games. Walking Dead was still GOTY though.

Never played No Ni Kuni then?

Couldn't finish Journey.

Yawney, more like.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Never trust someone who has a Gamgertag.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • JRPC wrote:
    TheDJR wrote:
    Journey The closest thing I've ever played to a Studio Ghibli film. Beautiful, joyous little game. 9 magical feels out of 10 non-games. Walking Dead was still GOTY though.

Never played No Ni Kuni then?

Couldn't finish Journey.

Yawney, more like.

I own Ni No Kuni and no, of course I haven't played it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Yoshi's Woolly World

Absolutely fantastic stuff. If you've been a bit disappointed with Nintendo platformers recently being far too easy, this one'll challenge you nicely. While you can use badges to take the edge off levels, they cost in-game currency, so there's an incentive not to rely on them too much. Additionally, there's no life system and just the right number of check points to stop this feeling frustrating...

... mostly. It does come unraveled (ah ha ha) towards the end, with some teeth grindingly hard insta-death situations. There's also a few sections that confuse "obscure" with "challenging". I spent quite a while on many a level running around trying everything I could think of to move forward in a maze. Finding the random wall that's actually not a wall after 20 minutes of going around in circles feels like artificial padding.

Still, stonking over all, and if you're planning on 100%ing this, be prepared for a long haul. Some of the later levels are not generous with their secrets.

[9] balls of yarn towards [10] needed to knit a new Yoshi.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I generally liked my time with Yoshi, but it became very frustrating towards the end. 

I quickly realised I wouldn't have the patience to 100% everything beyond World 2. Its a solid platformer though.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Gamermike wrote:
    I quickly realised I wouldn't have the patience to 100% everything beyond World 2.

Yeah, some of the balls of yarn in the later levels, hoo boy. Split second stuff, and if you stuff it up you'll be dead and back to the last checkpoint.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • So I finished the main missions in Assassin's Creed Syndicate. I have also finished the majority of the open world activities and I will intend to 100% the gane. As for the story missions, absolutely fantastic. The characters were excellent (with Evie Frye being an outstanding character) and the story worked really well. The missions were the most enjoyable set of missions in any Assassin's Creed. The stealth worked a treat and the combat was surprisingly fun. The locations were also fantastic, with some iconic landmarks used particularly well.

Match the great missions with the Victorian London setting and I would argue that this is the best Assassin's Creed yet. Absolutely loved it.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • this is the best Assassin's Creed yet

An indie developer dies whenever someone says that.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I can only assume 'best Assassin's Creed' means 'not total dog poo'. The original and III were both utter shite, IMHO.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    this is the best Assassin's Creed yet

An indie developer dies whenever someone says that.

Lol. And kittens.

They'd want to get the fucking thing right eventually.

Let's all take a moment to remember that ubi made 2.5 amazing prince of persias 2 gens ago. With little flab either.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • 1 Amazing one.
    The Forum Herald™
  • First = great.

Second = average and a bit broken. And with bad music.

Third = really fucking great. All told.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    First = great. Second = average and a bit broken. And with bad music. Third = really fucking great. All told.

I hope you're talking about Prince of Persia rather than Assassin's Creed. Cos if not I'm asking that you be banned. For blasphemy.
  • Assassin's Creed has been pretty good for a while now! After the awful Number 3, Blag Flag, Unity and Syndicate have been really, really good.

And just like that, a thousand indie developers cried out in terrible pain...
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I got black flag free with bone. It's HUD kills baby seals with hacksaws.
  • And yes, Swirl, pop.

Although I quite enjoyed the first ass creed. Flawed tho it was.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Never fully played with Ass. Got the latest one for free so will probably play it by the end of the year. I think I could never get into them as they always felt a bit too on rails at the beginning with hand holding tutorial mission.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Assassin's Creed has been pretty good for a while now! After the awful Number 3, Blag Flag, Unity and Syndicate have been really, really good.

Hmm. OK, if I see Black Flag for cheap I'll grab that. But if it's as poo as 1 and 3, I'm sending you a cat turd in the post.
    Facewon wrote:
    And yes, Swirl, pop. Although I quite enjoyed the first ass creed. Flawed tho it was.

Thank feck. The first AC showed real potential, they've just yet to deliver on it. (IMHO, YMMV.)
  • Black Flag is horrendous until you get a ship a few hours in, so bad that I was furiously angry by that point and didn't play it again.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Imagine if they'd had the confidence to drop the shitty branding and make a game just about being a Welsh pirate.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    And you're on a quest to collect all the sea shanties of the seven seas.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Your frequent rivals sometimes allies are the Cornish Covers. Extra mature seadogs.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Certain shanties are "magical" and change the direction of the wind if you fucking must.
  • The sailing was vastly over rated.
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!