Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Gris (PC)

Yet another indie game unintentionally exposing the artistic infancy of videogames. An exploration of grief told in the ill-fitting form of just another mundane side-scrolling platformer. It is pretty, yes, but always in a highly ostentatious way.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Shots fired ds. Lol.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Silke wrote:
    Yet another *** unintentionally exposing the artistic infancy of ***

That's a great template I'm saving for the future.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    And there's yr Final Fantasy 7 Remake complete.

Felt like I was playing the same game in name and rough beats only. Combat wise, it's Kingdom Hearts , and the game itself is just this propellant force powering you through one ridiculously gorgeous set piece or environment to the other.

It's an absolute hoot, and one that demands loud volume and lights down.
    That being said, it's not the game I played 20 odd years ago at all. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it just *shrugs* isn't that.

I'll go back and do another run at some point (cleared with all side quests done at around 30 hours) just to take it all in, but man, what a rush. For those off for the next few days, it's ideal Easter comfort food.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Shots fired ds. Lol.

Nah its okay I have a soul.

isthatakappahhmm
  • 15.Bulletstorm-Full Clip Edition- 10 hours - 7/10 - Xbox One X

Had good memories of playing through this on the 360 so picked it up for a run through and wasn’t at all disappointed. Just a good simple FPS from a time when there seemed to be another released every week. With that same Unreal chunky industrial touch to absofuckingloutely everything, but it always worked for me. Totally nuts in pretty much every department with some of the best one liners I’ve heard. Feels very heavy and a little slow these days but certainly still an enjoyable romp, however whereas last time I played it I instantly wanted to play through the score attack levels, this time I’ve had my fill.
  • 3. Vanquish (Xbox One) - 12/4 - 6hrs
    Slightly underwhelming at first, given all the praise this gets. But from about halfway through the game, once I got better at sliding, dodging, slowing down time and generally being a cool badass, it became so much better. So fun and so so cool. Will be replaying immediately. 

I missed Inaba in the credits, dammit. 
    [9]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    15.Bulletstorm-Full Clip Edition- 10 hours - 7/10 - Xbox One X

Had good memories of playing through this on the 360 so picked it up for a run through and wasn’t at all disappointed. Just a good simple FPS from a time when there seemed to be another released every week. With that same Unreal chunky industrial touch to absofuckingloutely everything, but it always worked for me. Totally nuts in pretty much every department with some of the best one liners I’ve heard. Feels very heavy and a little slow these days but certainly still an enjoyable romp, however whereas last time I played it I instantly wanted to play through the score attack levels, this time I’ve had my fill.

Reads like a 6.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Plague A Tale of Innocence - 7/10 xBox One X
    Started strong, but I felt it dragged its feet towards the end.  IMO I think it could have been about 5 levels shorter and perhaps it would have been all the better for it.

Still, great music, excellent HDR usage and an excellent example of why GamesPass is simply awesome!
  • 16.Assassin’s Creed Origins - 30 hours - 7/10 - Xbox One X

This was really good, not my usual, not what I expected, and I had to purchase it 3 times before I eventually finished it, but it was really good. I’m pretty sure this is the first in the series to introduce the levelling system, or at least such a thorough one...though I could be wrong...And I’ll be honest, it really did initially put me off, I didn’t want nor expect such a massive world that I had to traverse to continue the main storyline.

I just wanted the straightforward campaign to run through, and when I met resistance to this it really put me off so I dropped it. The second time I went back to try again as there was a lot of quality but again, doing all the side quests was driving me nuts. I much prefer immediate action and rewards so again, gave up. BUT after getting through a lot of immediate reward and action I decided I fancied a slower pace so went back. And this time, I loved it. It’s stunning, sounds great, has a deep and interesting story and it was nice how it all tied together, plus did I say it was stunning? Bought Odyssey on the back of this seeing it as a slowwwww burner whilst I also play my usual Gears/Resi/Halo types.

Though I do wish there was an option to make it difficult but not because of some stupid levelling system...
  • Odyssey is like a sequel squared .. in my mind it’s almost Witcher 3 quality. Better combat, bigger scope, the story and the quests possibly aren’t quite up to scratch but the world building is just as good and this has much more to do
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm done with longer games for a while after struggling with Doom but I do quite fancy another AC.  I swore I'd never go back after the second one pulled some collect-the-codec shit on me at the last moment, but it seems to be a series that's fulfilled its potential in recent years.  Took them long enough mind.
  • They went down a lot of blind alleys.
    But it’s like Star Trek movies the even numbers are good

2, black flag, odyssey
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    15.Bulletstorm-Full Clip Edition- 10 hours - 7/10 - Xbox One X Had good memories of playing through this on the 360 so picked it up for a run through and wasn’t at all disappointed. Just a good simple FPS from a time when there seemed to be another released every week. With that same Unreal chunky industrial touch to absofuckingloutely everything, but it always worked for me. Totally nuts in pretty much every department with some of the best one liners I’ve heard. Feels very heavy and a little slow these days but certainly still an enjoyable romp, however whereas last time I played it I instantly wanted to play through the score attack levels, this time I’ve had my fill.

How do you not mention the homing sniper rifle bullets that let you propel the bodies of your victims around a room then explode.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    CONTROL rambling

Finished this the other day. First thing I need to say is that the menu systems for browsing collectible documents is fucking atrocious to browse considering the sheer amount. I did like it though.

I liked it overall but I think the Ashtray Maze stands tall so much in the memory because it needed more set pieces like that. I was not involved enough in the combat to want to do any of the board tasks for mods or the random FBC encounters and judging by the trophy percentages neither was anyone else. I did all the optional bosses just for story and closure really since that's the meat of the thing to me. I'm hearing the Jukebox Expeditions don't have any story in them and they're basically combat gauntlets so that'll be something I skip.

Ultimately I wish more time was given to fleshing out Trench and the nature of the FBC. I wanted James McCaffrey to go hard on the dolcet Max Payne tones talking about the incident that happened with his predecessor that catapulted him to the Directorship. His thoughts on The Board. What happened to his family to cause his judgement to falter in the first place. 

It's strange but while something like Control is basically selling us on the idea of a magical unknowable land beyond the veil, that thing alone isn't as interesting as it being a catalyst to see real characters in far out situations. The characters in Control are just wallpaper really but I still found myself staring at the walls more than the rooms if that makes sense.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    DOOM ETERNAL - Brilliant.  Feels much more assured than DOOMTWENTYSIXTEEN and willing to ramp up the complexity much sooner, not just in your abilities but in the environments and enemy cocktails.  Love the combat system, how every weapon/ability is relevant and how the game is so up-front with what's required of you.  Any shortcut to that wonderful state of mind where you're just doing stuff is very welcome.  Also appreciated how the secrets aren't very secret so instead they act as an optional breather between fights.
    So good that once I finished it I immediately restarted on nightmare and did it again.  The end boss was one of my few criticisms after the first run but I found it much more fun the second time, after I realised that the power weapon ammo respawns infinitely.
  • There's always something that amazes me about the way Dubs plays stuff and there it is in the final sentence. There's no way I would've beat the last boss on Hurt Me Plenty without constantly hoovering up those power weapon respawns.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    I am quite dumb.  Usually the ammo is there to deal with a mini-boss type enemy which often spawns late in the encounter so I was expecting the same kind of thing.  It also took me too many deaths to realise that the gladiator was not only vulnerable when his eyes flash green, like the marauder is.  I blame the game for that one though, just give me another pop-up that says "you can also just shoot him a lot".
  • I had the same problem with the gladiator. I wouldn't say it's dumb to not realise something like respawning ammo suddenly being a thing for the final boss, it just baffles me how you managed to succeed without it. I presume you started on Ultra Violence too?
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    I ran around in a circle to win!  With help from the saving throw rune, slow-motion jump rune and chaingun shield.  I actually started on Hurt Me Plenty but switched to Ultra Violence on the second level.
  • Dubs gonna dubs.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • You’ll have to put your willy away Face, that’s not even the hardest difficulty
  • Vanquish again. On easiest while getting all statues (used a guide) and other achievements. But died once so didn’t get the no-death achievement. Fucking instadeath sections, eh? Would’ve done it if I wasn’t too busy looking for a statue while the bridge was collapsing.

Hard mode next.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Give the tac challenges a go as they're quite fun.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Except for the last one i'm getting flashbacks now
  • I’m leaving them til last, specially as I’ve heard things about one of them being an utter cunt!
  • So last night was very special. I completed Link's Awakening after 7 months!

When I say special... The last game I completed was GTA Chinatown Wars. TWELVE YEARS AGO.

x
  • OK just Googled it.

ELEVEN YEARS AGO.

x
  • Yay!
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!