@daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    yeh dont even think i know anyone called tommy.

this heat brings out all the drunking bums
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • daviedigi wrote:
    yeh dont even think i know anyone called tommy.

this heat brings out all the drunking bums

Maybe he was Fritz, a second world war German soldier, who'd fallen drunk out of the pages of Warlord.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    For you Tommy, ze console war ist over.
  • Just had my electricity bill through from EDF... trying to say that I've used up £524 in 7 months! I'm a single guy living here 4 days a weeks, the other 3 at my gf's place. 
    Are they freaking kidding me?!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Estimated reading? Have you checked the readings? Perhaps the guy next door is cultivating a huge crop of cannabis and leeching your supply?
  • Also, why have you not paid a bill in 7 months?  Tbh, £75 a month sounds fairly normal.  Do you have an electric oven?  Leave everything on standby?  etc etc
  • £75 a month is not normal for a guy living on his own, even if he's there every night. Should be more like £30.

I'm not using anywhere near £75 p/m and I'm on one of those top-up meters that hugely overcharge you.
  • You can't just define it as "a guy living on his own," though; an electric cooker, electric heaters in some rooms, lots of electronics versus not so many, an electric immersion heater, etc etc can all increase your bill.  Having a second person there arguably makes much less difference than having some of those sort of appliances.
  • In any event, regardless of whether it turns out to be accurate, our short hirsute friend needs to set up regular monthly payments from now on.
  • True, I was assuming Wookie doesn't have/abuse too many things like that, since he was so surprised.

edit: @Elm
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    In any event, regardless of whether it turns out to be accurate, our short hirsute friend needs to set up regular monthly payments from now on.

Indeed.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Perhaps Wookie's power bill would be lower if he unplugged the terrible, unfathomable Machine that resides in his basement.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • They were supposed to be sending me bills every quarter, they only sent me one. I was waiting for another, which arrived and is huge! 
    As for items in standby, I turn off most items every night, have electric heaters but I only have to turn on the one in the hall for a few hours in the evening and it heats the whole flat. It hasn't been turned on in 2 months. 
    When I leave here there are no appliances on other than the fridge/freezer and the wifi. This shouldn't be this much especially as the estimation for the year based upon the last few readings was just over £400 for the whole year, not £500+ over 6 months! 

Upon further investigation it appears as this the unopened letters that have arrived for the previous tennant who left no forwarding address didn't cancel her account with EDF were all unpaid bills for that exact amount. I'm going to call them tomorrow to make sure they haven't been fucking up and charging me what she should've payed.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • They also admitted that for some reason they only have record of sending out a single bill, they admitted its their systems mistake. Fucking EDF
  • You took a meter reading and reported it to EDF when you moved in though, right?
  • @elm
    I am extremely wastful with electricity, I lived with two others who were even worse. We had electric heaters, each had 40" tvs in our rooms on most of the time, electric oven all cooking seperately and had a server downloading 24/7 and we didnt get to £75 a month.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Brooks wrote:
    Managed to completely fucking bork the guitar neck I was carving and now have to do-over from scratch. Piss up an ass.
    The very definintion of a first world problem.

I have no problems which wouldn't qualify.
  • @elm I am extremely wastful with electricity, I lived with two others who were even worse. We had electric heaters, each had 40" tvs in our rooms on most of the time, electric oven all cooking seperately and had a server downloading 24/7 and we didnt get to £75 a month.

You can't really compare unless it's like for like with the same tariff, though.
  • Agreed but it would have to be one hell of a bad tariff.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Seriously i'm freezing bollocks right now due to this headwind.
  • Hi guys i work for an electricity company lets talk about these bills rationally!
  • Tempy is going to ration Wookie's electricity?
  • Tempy wrote:
    Hi guys i work for an electricity company lets talk about these bills rationally!

The Mod of leech companies has arrived.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!