Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Love the ambition of this. Guess they’ve still got their whales funding the project. Wonder if they’ll ever release a game.

• I bought it a while ago and it is cool. It just gets better with no end in sight really and I load it up every major update to see how it's looking. I think they're due to release this year but I've heard that before.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I feel like everytime I watch something like that Star Citizen vid it just reminds me that tech bros don't have any idea of what is good or worthwhile spending their time and energy doing.

Obviously that tech is amazing and very impressive but does it make the game any better? Probably not. Just like how so many big tech companies now spend so much money and time making stuff that might be kinda cool but don't help the world in any meaningful way.

Will it be a good game when it finally hits 1.0 in ten years time? Perhaps. But with all that talent working on it they probably could have made multiple fun game experiences within that same time frame.

Or maybe it's me that's wrong and I should get a tech boner that lasts too long when I see a 30 min fly through of programming prowess.
  • Will it be fun? Possibly not, probably not, but there are already too many good games to get through and the sheer ambition and scale make it stand out. Booting it up every 3 months or so to see the new shinies is a game in itself. 

Some of the design decisions are so bloated I like them. If they want to spend 3 months implementing trash persistence, so every item dropped or knocked over stays there forever, fuck it I'm in.

Is it a scam? Not really. Fanboys aren't forced to buy new ships to keep the madness going and for those of us that made a single time purchase you can't argue with the value for money. I've bought plenty of AAA games I've only played for a few hours, mainly because they're shit. This I keep coming back to if only to admire the insanity and scale. It might only be to see the new trees or clouds, or "Fuck me that bird is well animated", but it's always interesting jumping back in. It's batshit really but it's sort of amazing too.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Oooo ranger.

I got Carry On flashbacks and now I want an MMORPG with a matron class.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I picked up an ASUS ROG Ally.
    Brilliant purchase, fwiw. Fantastic bit of kit (sticks are a bit pap, though better than the Switch) and Armoury Crate works well as a generic launcher. I've not really pushed the thing to see what it can do yet but I'm really happy with it so far.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    If you need a new PC, and you like Fallout, maybe you'd like to win this one?

fallout-gaming-pc-nzxt-550x309.jpg
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I ain't following noone on no previously known as twitter
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Does anyone play Tarkov here? I've seen the odd stream on it but never played it myself. Looks like they've absolutely took the piss by offering an expensive everything included option in the past which guarantees that future DLC would be free, only to row back on that and bring out a new expensive everything included option with a full co-op PVE mode and even stuff like extra ammo pouches etc on your character which you can't get in game. For £250.

Blimey
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Fucked it.

I'm balls deep in Manor Lords at the mo.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm restarting that now. Spent ages on my coat of arms.

Proper rainy Sunday game this one
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've been eyeing it up. Is it different enough from other resource gathering strategy games to be worth a punt? Is there enough game there already or would it be better to wait until it's properly released?
  • Does anyone play Tarkov here? I've seen the odd stream on it but never played it myself. Looks like they've absolutely took the piss by offering an expensive everything included option in the past which guarantees that future DLC would be free, only to row back on that and bring out a new expensive everything included option with a full co-op PVE mode and even stuff like extra ammo pouches etc on your character which you can't get in game. For £250.

Blimey

There’s something else here that also alters the code so NpCs wonts fire on you unless you engage with them too. Bit mad but hey ho
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    I've been eyeing it up. Is it different enough from other resource gathering strategy games to be worth a punt? Is there enough game there already or would it be better to wait until it's properly released?

Well I was eyeing it up but it turns out it's on Game Pass so that solves that. I always forget to look on the PC side of it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sorry I meant to get back to you about it.

It's early access and it does show, loads of stuff not there yet in terms of improvements to your settlement etc.

But it's a very engrossing game as is. I ran a relaxed mode game while I tried to work stuff out. The main thing is making sure you have enough people working on the right things, and not to piss away resources on things like the tavern before you can even supply it with booze. Everything is unlocked from the start which makes it a little confusing what you should be doing, but just concentrate on food, shelter and wood for both building and firewood to keep warm in winter. Then set up trading networks and away you go.

Having sussed the peaceful mode I've just started on the default settings. Bandits are stealing my shit and I'm getting informed about a rival lord taking over his third territory and I'm still scratching around in my first without a fucking clue how to defend myself let alone take the fight elsewhere.

It's good stuff
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    For the bandits, you need to form a militia. Press the sword button and select the spear men (you start with 20 spears in your starting inventory). When you need them you select them and rally them. You'll probably get between 15 and 20 depending on the size of your village. That will be enough to take out the bandits and clear their camp. Just make sure not to make them run everywhere or they will be too knackered to fight. Also, your spearman are more effective defending charges than leading them, so have them stood still ready for the fight.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!