PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    1.Destiny 2, all because of that stupid jump in a mission 3 weeks ago. I turned it off in anger and haven't loaded since.

2.Destiny 2 again, when doing a patrol with hylian_elf a month ago and not making a jump so he took on some bad guy by himself.

3.Destiny 2 cause it's Destiny 1.5 and I've never done a raid. :(

Added but it only goes in once
  • I'm still dumbfounded how Dino had trouble jumping in Destiny 2. Have you been playing games long Dino?
  • It's uncomfortable dealing with this jumping situation, but it's gotta be asked.

I so don't want to be a cunt about it, but damn.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Stopped playing first game cos got bored after 10 hours or whatever. Have played sequel much more. Therefore sequel is better. Simples.
    Since when has playing a game for longer equated to it being better? You're spewing arse piss Elf.

Since the reason for playing a game for longer is that I'm enjoying it more and not getting bored.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah same. Sorry Dino but how.

I'll go back at some point and try again. Also been playing games for 30 years plus.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I keep forgetting i have Prey to Play since launch. Need to book a time slot to up my wgoty game.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Chalice and Prey will go like this:

"This game is amazing!"

5 hours in:

"Loving it, there's loads to do and loads of scope on how you build your character!"

10 hours in:

"Hmmm...it's getting very samey..."

10 and a half hours:

"Worst game ever. I smashed my Xbox up because of it. If it was on the Switch it would've been better."

My thoughts were similar but I pushed on and finished it.

This gave me a chuckle.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I think D1 had far more to do after completing the campaign than D2, it was just terribly signposted.

Really? Like what?

D1 had the raid, and that was about it wasn't it? Everything else was repeating stuff you'd already done in the campaign.

D2 has strikes, adventures, those missions which unlock after the campaign ends, lost sectors and the raid.

So yes, essentially adventures and the missions that unlock (the early parts of them at least) were some additional single player missions (some of which you may even have completed before finishing the campaign). There is undoubtedly more SP content in D2 than D1, although the loss of the daily heroic mission saddens me, despite Ikora’s meditations. Yes, it was repeating missions, but I liked the boost in challenge, and I liked the fact that every day there would be one there waiting for you which you had a short period to complete.

The exotic quests post-finishing the missions opening missions in this are mostly pretty trivial, in D1 getting these quests to drop and then to be able to complete them was far more difficult.

D1 had strikes too, the weekly heroic strike has gone AWOL from D2 leaving us with just the Nightfall as end game content. As it happens, I don’t like the switch to speed on the NF rather than avoiding a wipe. I didn’t think I’d say this, but I miss those epic Omnigul fights.

Plus the quest for decent gear has become far less compelling. It took months before a Gjallarhorn dropped for me in D1, and I longed to have one for the advantage that it would bring me in boss battles. The quest for a Fatebringer kept me running the VoG. Trying to find a full set of raid armour as it was the best in the game kept me returning (and way past that I kept returning for raid armour with a better stat roll than I had), not to mention building up a collection of elemental primaries to help me tackle different burns. And that’s before we even get to my search for a god roll shotty for the crucible.

Now, there is one exotic that I’d really like to get my hands one (Orpheus Rig) plus a couple of legendary weapons that I’m aware of that would be better than what I currently have, but (aside from OR) nothing which is going to make that much difference to how I play the game.

After this many hours in D1, I felt like I’d barely scratched the surface of what was there. In D2, I feel like I’m running out of things to do.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Even just trying to unlock the perks on new gear kept me coming back in D1. I’m not saying it was the most compelling part of the game, it was clearly very grindy indeed, but it gave me a reason to play.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The grind was shit, it was the one thing everyone complained about in D1 and it stopped people from seeing the best parts of the game. I'm glad it's gone so more people get to do endgame stuff this time around.
  • Every single best of... worst of... list of... thread becomes a Destiny discussion.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The grind was shit, it was the one thing everyone complained about in D1 and it stopped people from seeing the best parts of the game. I'm glad it's gone so more people get to do endgame stuff this time around.

I’m not sure what part of my post you’re referring to as ‘grind’, but I agree to an extent, I do think it’s great that more people will reach the endgame this time, my point is that it’s a crying shame that the endgame that they’re going to reach is unlikely to keep them engaged for any length of time.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Repeating things to get a better roll, unlocking perks on guns, that shit.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    As I say, I'm not particularly defending the perk unlocking, I'm just saying that its existence gave me something to do outside of Nightfalls/Raids/etc. It would be nice to have something similar.

Repeating things (which itself isn't even quite accurate outside of maybe the raids, which themselves were highly repeatable, IMO) to get a better roll was entirely optional, but the point was there was an option. I get to the end of the raid in D2 with a set of guns and gear that I'm happy with and what have I got to strive for? What will keep me coming back?
  • Vere's breakdown of Prey is exactly my problem with it. I did 'the good bit' then got to 'the boring bit' and it was so boring I just gave up. I'm told it gets actively worse after the bit I was on, even by people who loved it, so I am relieved I didn't knuckle down and force myself through insipid corridor shooting.
  • Well that's put me right off it.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Chalice and Prey will go like this:

"This game is amazing!"

5 hours in:

"Loving it, there's loads to do and loads of scope on how you build your character!"

10 hours in:

"Hmmm...it's getting very samey..."

10 and a half hours:

"Worst game ever. I smashed my Xbox up because of it. If it was on the Switch it would've been better."

My thoughts were similar but I pushed on and finished it.

Sounds like that's most peoples opinion of it tbh.
  • Sonicmania was a bit underwhelming because of all the stage re-use.
  • Well that's put me right off it.

I think i'm in the lower end of opinions of it. People really like it for the first half, which is really good, but then it's a slow decline where a game that's previously been all about giving you freedom just decided to strip it all away. I found it maddening. But I also didn't pay for it so felt no compulsion to continue for my money's worth.
  • It doesn't strip freedom away at all. In fact you'll have far more ways of dealing with things towards the end than you did at the beginning. It has issues for sure, but restricting you isn't one.
  • It literally locked me into a section of the game that had no options for progress, a total linear set of objectives where any other option was behind a locked door that wouldn't open until I'd done the reactor reset. I spent 30 minutes spacewalking looking for something I'd missed before realising there was only one route forward, because i'd tripped a line which locked off everything else.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    My worst games this year were ARMS (wavy wank) and SPLATOON 2 (wanky painty wank)

Both big hit switch games that I didn't like and the Switch still has hands down the best games this year and is the best console.

Still keen on ARMS, but was surprisingly disappointed with Splatoon 2. The hype was undeserved.

That said, it's very far from one of the worst games this year.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I need to give ARMS more time (not with motion controls though, ugh). Might jump on later, in fact. Splatoon is... fine. It's fun but incredibly throwaway and isn't remotely tight to play. Babies first shooter. I love sticking it on with my friend who can't play modern games but we can play pass the pad and have a great time with it and that's good enough for me.
  • Tempy wrote:
    It literally locked me into a section of the game that had no options for progress, a total linear set of objectives where any other option was behind a locked door that wouldn't open until I'd done the reactor reset. I spent 30 minutes spacewalking looking for something I'd missed before realising there was only one route forward, because i'd tripped a line which locked off everything else.
    Yeah, it makes you complete that mission at a certain point, but there's still different ways of getting through that section, and then afterwards it all opens up again. Hardly an issue.
  • We're just gonna have to disagree, that section totally deflated any sense of joy I was feeling, and prior to it I was ready to forgive my issues with its weak combat and enemy design.
  • Gotta be worth it for fifteen quid? Saying that I've got a pile of games I've not touched. Might just trade the lot.
  • You'd definitely get £15 of fun out of it, just make sure you focus on side-quests and pay attention to what main quests are asking so you don't end up spoiling your own fun.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!