• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    @davyK I actually love a Kraken and ginger beer. I feel the sweetness works well as a foil to the fiery nature of the ginger beer. As someone who can't handle too much ginger beer myself, @Gremill, you may find the combo works well.   $25 for 1.75ltr is amazing value. I may have to grab a bottle next time I go.

Had a drink with Kraken in it on Saturday night. It was pleasant enough but not what I was expecting. I found the vanilla a bit too string for my tastes.  It's why I mentioned it - was the first time I had tried that drink with a spiced rum. I do like a Kraken but not so much that way.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • It's my favourite time of beer - the Oktoberfest beers are out!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Oh yes! Love those sweet malts.

And since when has Tesco sold Delirium Tremens? I was a very happy bunny when I stopped by the beer aisle after grabbing Destiny 2.
  • Oh yes! Love those sweet malts.

And since when has Tesco sold Delirium Tremens? I was a very happy bunny when I stopped by the beer aisle after grabbing Destiny 2.

Yeah, I noticed that too. What a world we live in. Although, they'll probably bin them if sales aren't great, as they seem to do with most semi-obscure Belgian beers.
  • Surrey now the most expensive place in the country for a pint. A cursory glance at my bank account could have told you that.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41183028
  • The craft beer thing past me by quite a bit.
    Main reasons, IPA makes me gag, no idea why and fuck paying 8 quid a pint elsewhere.

However.
    I grabbed a pack of Pistonhead beers from sainsburys recently. 6 pack of 330ml cans for 8 quid. A bit more than the usual but I really like them.
    You get 3 flavas in the pack.

Pistonhead lager. 4.6%
    I nice enough lager, nothing special but on a par with the better end if lagers.

Pistonhead Gull Amber 6%
    Really nice lager, big on flavour. Nice, round, full hop taste.

Flat Tire 4.5%
    Lighter than the Full Amber but still a full taste. Really enjoyed this one and would he my regular beer of choice if I was made of money.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Was out yesterday. A combination of Guinness, Erdinger Kristall, draught Aspinall cider and various rums with ginger and lime (not all in the same glass) have left me wrecked today.
  • Hmmmm. Never mind the sales pitch, I'm picturing the reality of how this will really be made.

think I'll pass

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Seems fishy to me.
  • pisswasser.PNG
  • The first beer with vaginal lactic acid in the world... and most probably the last.

Bet it gets you proper cunted though.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Looks like it gives good head etc...
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Did it again. Pints of Heverlee before dinner which was accompanied by red wine. Dessert accompanied with a cocktail that had chilli infused vodka in it, with Guinness afterwards. When will I ever learn? And on a school night too.
  • Off for a curry tonight, somewhere you can take your own drink in.  Handily, there's a beer shop next door.

Curry booze badgers, what should I buy?
  • With a curry, it should be decent lager style beer. Augustiner-Brau Lagerbier Hell is a great one. If they’ve got any Oktoberfest beers in, go for the Paulaner or the Lowenbrau, both of which are amazing.
  • Excellent.  I'm also gonna stock up for home while I'm there, so come to think of it I'll take any recommendations for my trolleydash.
  • Should not be heavily carbonated.
  • I've actually forgotten which beers I had with my meal.  Managed to spend £45 in there though.  Got a bag with the following in it for Saturday: Signature Brew Studio Pilsner, Pioneer American IPA, Shape Shifter West Coast IPA (definitely had two of these pre-curry, they had benches outside the shop), London Beer Lab Top-Top Citra American Pale Ale, Signature Brew Roadie all-night IPA, Unity Conflux Pale Ale, Unity Collision South Coast IPA.  Bit random.  So yeah, should've made a note of the lagers really.  Definitely had two Lagerbier Hell bottles, great choice.
  • I think my obsession with stubby beers might be over.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It's only 'International Gin & Tonic Day'

Thanks to Nick for the heads up!

iG0kpfjh.jpg

Silent Pool gin          50ml        
    Fever Tree Tonic     200ml  
    Ice Cubes                  7
    Orange Slice              1
    Lemon Slice               1
    Chilled Glass              1
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • So now I am in the close vicinity of the Badger brewery (hell yeah) there is a huge range of their ales and beers available in shops. Due to this I have found Golden Glory. Now I love a golden ale and always held Hobgoblin Gold as my all time favourite but this pushes it damn close. A lovely, refreshing golden beer with peach flavours.

The peach is the gold dust. It smells fucking amazing.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Sounds good.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Rumplemintz then.

A 50% abv peppermint schnapps that we used to be able to drink in NI when local importers Gilbey's supplied it. When I was a student this was always part of a night out. Lethal stuff.

Gilbey's stopped importing it (German) about 15 years ago or so. We have had an unopened bottle stored for a special occasion....but when in Orlando we spotted it in Walgreen's and bought a bottle to take home.

Here they are - Gilbey's of NI version on the left. Think we need to open that now!  :)

rumpleMintz.jpg
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't know who got me started on Bloody Marys (that pesky g.man sowed the seed I think) but I've been all over them this summer. Ran out of Tabasco and had to use Sriracha tonight, it's... different, but not unpleasant.

Pro Tip though, never assume a novelty hot sauce called "Bring the Pain" will be around the same heat as Tabasco, because you'd be so fucking wrong.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ha ha. I love Bloody Marys but the tomato doesn't agree with my stomach really. Doesn't stop me having them though, especially losded with spices and don't forget the celery salt, key ingredient.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've also discovered that putting slices of dried or fresh chilis in gin and tonic is absolutely win. Have to be good chilis like nagas or habaneros.
  • A good Bloody Mary is God's own tipple.

end of

g.man
  • That being said Sparkles, the Russkies also turned me on to a shot of frozen vodka in a shot glass with a cranberry juice chaser in a separate glass to wash it down. That's well worth trying.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!