The Racing Thread of Burnin' Rubber and Being Awesome!
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    That's as far as I got with last year's version. Must have had about 20-30 restarts of the main race, I should probably get back to it.
  • So the race itself, I got a blinding start and managed to get up to 14th. After the next straight under braking I was up to 11th. Then just trying to catch palmer in 10th and wait for my Pitstop. Then a safety car came out on lap 6, far too early to take advantage of anything so I stayed out. Was due to pit on lap 18, but a second safety car on lap 14 had me diving into the pits for a set of ultrasofts (changing strategy on the fly). Came out in last place but I knew alot of the field had yet to stop.

My pitstop under the safety car paid dividends and I was up to P5 at one point. Alonso (who had yet to stop was ahead of me). Going into turn 15 he over cooked the corner and went wide. I went for the gap, Fernando being the dick he is tried to block me, sending me onto the gravel, as I rejoined my front left wing touched the back of his car. Yellow colour wing damage on my car map. Damn it. There were nine laps to go, I was due to stop again on lap 24, which would have me rejoin in 15th place. Fuck it I thought, can I get to the end of the race on the same set of ultrasofts?

As the laps ticked by, the front left was going off faster than the other tyres (wing damage wasn't helping). I adjusted the brake bias so the rears would take more of the load under braking. Bottas came out of the pits behind me and sailed straight past me, vettel did the same. I was holding on for dear life, watching the tyre wear on my front left get worse and worse, 70%, 75%, 80%. I couldn't hold massa off so he got passed. I was in 7th, only two laps to go and tyre wear on front left hit 90%. Please, please don't burst I thought to myself. I nursed the car around while holding up 4-5 cars behind me. My engineer kept asking when I was coming in for the stop. I wasn't. I got to the final lap, 94% usage of the front left, some how I held off any challengers and the tyre didn't blow. I crossed the line in 7th with 98% front left in the red.

Amazing. What a gp. What a result.
  • Onto China. Somehow, I've qualified 6th. Running with minimum wing and difficulty set at hard '62'. Thing I will up the difficulty slider after the race.

Uneventful race, thanks to a safety car again, as I was coming up to the pits I finished 2nd. Will raise the difficulty definitely.
  • Awesome, got to Bahrain. My front wing upgrade has failed. :( However the improvement to the ignition system worked so I have an 4 extra bhp. Woo hoo. Lol.

On the downside, my power unit is yellow across the board. 53% wear. Gonna probably take penalties after this race, unless it blows up during it.
  • Blimey, what a Bahrain gp. Had to change the ICE in practice before qually. In the race I had a tempermental gearbox, which eventually lost a gear. I kept losing the fuel mixtures. The turbo charger kept cutting in and out. The energy store was screwed. I limped over the line with some awesome defensive driving in 10th.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    So the race itself, I got a blinding start and managed to get up to 14th. After the next straight under braking I was up to 11th. Then just trying to catch palmer in 10th and wait for my Pitstop. Then a safety car came out on lap 6, far too early to take advantage of anything so I stayed out. Was due to pit on lap 18, but a second safety car on lap 14 had me diving into the pits for a set of ultrasofts (changing strategy on the fly). Came out in last place but I knew alot of the field had yet to stop. My pitstop under the safety car paid dividends and I was up to P5 at one point. Alonso (who had yet to stop was ahead of me). Going into turn 15 he over cooked the corner and went wide. I went for the gap, Fernando being the dick he is tried to block me, sending me onto the gravel, as I rejoined my front left wing touched the back of his car. Yellow colour wing damage on my car map. Damn it. There were nine laps to go, I was due to stop again on lap 24, which would have me rejoin in 15th place. Fuck it I thought, can I get to the end of the race on the same set of ultrasofts? As the laps ticked by, the front left was going off faster than the other tyres (wing damage wasn't helping). I adjusted the brake bias so the rears would take more of the load under braking. Bottas came out of the pits behind me and sailed straight past me, vettel did the same. I was holding on for dear life, watching the tyre wear on my front left get worse and worse, 70%, 75%, 80%. I couldn't hold massa off so he got passed. I was in 7th, only two laps to go and tyre wear on front left hit 90%. Please, please don't burst I thought to myself. I nursed the car around while holding up 4-5 cars behind me. My engineer kept asking when I was coming in for the stop. I wasn't. I got to the final lap, 94% usage of the front left, some how I held off any challengers and the tyre didn't blow. I crossed the line in 7th with 98% front left in the red. Amazing. What a gp. What a result.

Palmer in 10th Usual Codie's attention to detail then?

I'm out.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Lol. It's because I don't have the difficulty slider at expert. It's bloody fantastic game Bob. Well worth a punt now or when the price drops.
  • Probably the only one on this forum who plays it, but God is F1 2017, good at times. Singapore, in the zone, (replay option turned off, so if you crash that's it). Damn I bossed it. Probably first time ever in F1 series of the years I've been playing it where I got through Singapore without an incidents. Margin for error is non existant. Eyes on stalks. Fucking amazing. I'm still awful at Monaco though. Go figure.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Apart from Pikes Peak, funnily enough.
  • Finally tried the EA Access NFS: Payback trial..

Hoooo boy. What a stinker. EA really need to either kill this franchise, or give it back to the shell of Criterion that's left.
  • Or try giving it to some one with fresh ideas?
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just remake Hot Piss.
  • It’s one of the many things that amuses me about this god foresaken forum is that HP is rated higher than the superior Most Wanted
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Because it was about a billion times better.
  • For sure, in comparison hot pursuit was like Road Blaster or Chase HQ. No skill required, 

On second thought I can see why it was popular around here.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Make NFS underground with customisable cars ala original Xbox series.
  • Regardless of required skill I preferred Hot Pursuit to Most Wanted for one simple reason, fun. Hot Pursuit was a lot of fun, Most Wanted was not.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Exactly. Hot Piss was nearly as good as teh blur.
  • An indie remake of supercars 2 or indy 500 (on amiga). The latter was a isometric view like the off road truck racing game on NES.
  • Thing with NFS is that it isn't even opinion, Hot Pursuit got played for months, Most Wanted maybe got a few weeks.
  • What's a shame is that Ghost Games did Rivals which was a fairly decent retread of MW. No doubt there's some talent there, typically having the life strangled out of it by EA's directors.

And it's Hot Piss over Most Wanted. Doesn't come down to skill, the bar is the same, fun was the missing factor in MW.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • If it wasn’t fun it’s cos you weren’t good enough ... or you didn’t play it enough. 

Most wanted had the finger prints of burnout paradise all over it. Hot pursuit was for casuals.

I’m only taking sp into account, nfs ain’t about mp.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I was both good enough and played plenty of both to make the judgement, single and multiplayer. The lols we had on HP were reduced to facepalms in MW. It was a rushed, undercooked follow up to a sublime slice of arcade racing.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Your undercooked
    The Forum Herald™
  • My undercooked what?
  • You, webbins , your basically raw, and giving off salmonella your so under cooked.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Smells fishy.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I will change my knickers.
  • Bob wrote:
    If it wasn’t fun it’s cos you weren’t good enough ... or you didn’t play it enough.

LOL.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!