Ask the Bear & Badger
  • I was being facetious in my initial response. I’m not sure I’d want to play all of them, and certainly not without reasonable gaps in between but, as a button bashing slash-fest, there are worse ways to spend time.
  • Only ever played GoW III.  Thought it was great fun.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I will have fun I'm sure.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    Only ever played GoW III.  Thought it was great fun.

I loved that one and re-bought it on ps4.

New god of war has leaked some gameplay.

• Well, Sony didn't like that, whatever it was.
  • Oh, related question: if you record a stream of a game to YouTube, and it's got licensed music, are the music rights holders allowed to make a copyright claim on the video?

Nobody watches it, but it irks me that my video now has ads.
  • Yes, unless fair use applies maybe.
  • Oh well. I'd assumed the licencing deal the game maker had made would have to cover public performances of the game.

Bet that one's bitten a few of those people who do "let's play..." videos in the arse. Imagine suddenly being told that not only aren't you going to make money for a week's work, but someone else is going to instead.
  • The second half or my Halo 3 montage is silent because Sony are cunts.
  • That would be because you put music over it, though, not because the game included it. While excessive, it doesn't seem too unreasonable.
  • There were some sick sticks in there though mate, surely if Sony just watched it they'd agree and let it fly.
  • I'm sure they would. Pity it's all done automatically.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Yes, unless fair use applies maybe.

Ahaha, fair use on YouTube!

Thanks, I needed that laugh.
  • What's this? I was under the impression the weren't problems with fair use.
  • I haven’t had much issue. If I use other music, my descriptions tend to credit any artist, and provide links to buy their music. I’m pretty sure that the label has had their own link added to my Mad Max video.

It helps that I don’t monetise my videos, I think.
  • Anyone know of a website where you can easily browse all levels of currently available phone, preferably sorting by or easily comparing various features such as their dimensions, RAM or OS version?

My phone's decided to be a dick and ignore me when I touch it* so I'm stuck on a dodgy old iPhone 4 until I get something else.

* Damn, that's such a perfect spot for a "much like the wife" joke, I almost wish I had one.
  • AJ wrote:
    Anyone know of a website where you can easily browse all levels of currently available phone, preferably sorting by or easily comparing various features such as their dimensions, RAM or OS version?

My phone's decided to be a dick and ignore me when I touch it* so I'm stuck on a dodgy old iPhone 4 until I get something else.

* Damn, that's such a perfect spot for a "much like the wife" joke, I almost wish I had one.

At least it dosen't smack you when you touch it!
  • I was on the O2 site looking at upgrades the other day and you can check up to three phones at a time to compare.
    Not sure if that will help or not.
  • Limited selection, but it's a start. Thanks.

Good god, the size of this iPhone is lovely. If only it wasn't so old/ iOS.
  • Well, this is lovely. Looks like I'm deciding between a slightly smaller £60 phone, replacing the Nexus 5 for twice that, or the 2.5" one with questionable battery life for the same. Nothing else seems worthwhile. If the budget one had a compass and wireless charging, there wouldn't even be a competition.
  • I was actually coming in here to ask for phone advice but see you're on the hunt too AJ. I'm going sim only as I'm sick of the shitty upgrade offers from EE and don't want to pay 30 quid a month. I've just found a sim only company offering £7.50 a month for the same data and call/text package I'm on at the moment (but paying 26 quid for).

AJ, what's this £60 phone you mention above?

Any other suggestions? I don't really want to spend more than a couple of hundred. I know that's not getting anything premium but I don't really give a shit about phones. Only thing I'm really bothered about is it having a half decent camera.
  • I've only been looking at small phones, because fuck carrying around a little tablet. Cheapest option was ZTE Blade A110, which is almost certainly a complete pile of unusable shit. Another cheap as chips one I was eyeing was the LG K3, but it doesn't sound all that much better.

I'm using my Dad's old iPhone 5 right now, but I think the battery may be shot to bits. Because of that, I'm considering a Samsung, which I normally wouldn't because I hate the buttons being the wrong way around and the UI looking like like a shit attempt to combine the looks of iOS and Android. IIRC it's the 2017 A3. Think I saw it for under £200 at John Lewis.

The Samsung J3 looks like a decent budget phone, if you don't mind their shit software and the 5" screen.
  • O2 have some decent refurb options.
  • Cheers chaps. A3 looks like a good shout.
  • Is it just me not keeping up with current developments or has google image search gone shit? Seems to be just YouTube links and Pinterest these days. I actually had to resort to bing the other day.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I have noticed that as well.
    They did make official changes to make ripping images more difficult after coming under pressure from Getty Images.Not sure if that is related.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, I noticed that the option to just view the image has disappeared, and takes you to the website now. Basically useless.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Right click > open image in new tab?
  • Yeah the options are all there it's just slightly more effort and know how, which begs the question, why bother?
  • Is there any way to kill that AMP bollocks?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!