Ask the Bear & Badger
  • So you've then got to scroll through a huge list of stuff you rarely buy in order to find the tea bags? Nah.

I keep meaning to make my perfect shopping list app, to be honest. It's not in any way complicated, I'm just a lazy bastard.
  • I have the perfect shopping list app.  It's a pen and a scrap of paper.  Wandering around with your phone is daft. It keeps going to sleep and you're going to drop it in the fish counter eventually.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I use the Morrison's app and it's great
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    But I buy different things each week because I get bored and always want to cook something different
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Does anyone have any experience with hosting multiple virtual machines on a host, that are used by a multiple thin clients at the same time?

I'm trying a little experiment at work but don't really know where to start. I'm also trying to keep the cost (software wise) down to a minimum, so any free/cheap solutions would be good.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    I have the perfect shopping list app.  It's a pen and a scrap of paper.  Wandering around with your phone is daft. It keeps going to sleep and you're going to drop it in the fish counter eventually.

I just rely on my memory.

The wife is sick of me coming home with just beer and pork scratchings.
  • I have to use Remember The Milk for a month for a usability / UI design assignment. :( 
    I did once see a couple wander around Tesco with a small shopping list typed on their iPad. Muppets.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Unlikely wrote:
    I have the perfect shopping list app.  It's a pen and a scrap of paper.  Wandering around with your phone is daft. It keeps going to sleep and you're going to drop it in the fish counter eventually.

Yeah, but that'd mean carrying something extra around with me all the time or remembering things until I get to where I keep it. Neither of those would happen.

Besides, I don't wander around with my phone out ask the time, I generally check it once when I get into the store and once before I check out.
  • Perfect shopping list app is a girlfriend.

They can do it all themselves or you can go with them and watch as the few things you need/want become triple the amount of things you never even knew you wanted.
    Best app ever!
    (and if your lucky they sometimes let you have sex with them) :p
  • International Women's Day Post Of The Day.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • *winkysmiley*
  • g.man wrote:
    International Women's Day Post Of The Day.

Isn't that like sunday, respecting the good women who look after you day?
    :p
  • AJ wrote:
    Yeah, but that'd mean carrying something extra around with me all the time or remembering things until I get to where I keep it. Neither of those would happen. Besides, I don't wander around with my phone out ask the time, I generally check it once when I get into the store and once before I check out.

Something extra being the quickly scribbled list you made before you left to go to the shops?  You know, instead of the fish-counter-vulnerable £500 techo-slab that is just itching for an excuse to take advantage of your hatred of the shopping experience and headbutt the nearest hard or fishy surface.

If you just check your phone once when you get there and once before you check out you will have forgotten something and have to try to find the fucking beans and pulses aisle whereas if you have a little bit of paper in your hand you just pretend you never realised chickpeas were different from the little frozen green balls in the freezer that we have already and why don't we just order pizza tonight love?
  • Ah, I think there's a difference in what we use shopping lists for. Mine is to record things I need between trips to the shops, yours seems to be to remember what it is you want to buy when you're in there.
  • No, mine is to remember what I've been told to buy while I'm in there.
  • Apparently i need to replace my shower cartridge. Where the hell do i find it?
  • Oooh, my parents had to do that recently.  I had no idea it was a thing. 

Hope that helps.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    [insert take it out and blow in it joke here]
  • There are a tonne of videos on YouTube about shower cartridges.
    WARNING. They might just be the dullest videos ever uploaded to YouTube...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Okay, as mentioned in the reasons to be cheerful thread I have some time over the next couple of weeks that I can spend on my backlog. Sadly, I have far too many games to play, so help me whittle this down oh B&B hivemind.

Looking through my games list, the things that jump out at me are:

Hyper Light Drifter
    Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
    Metros 2033 and Last Light
    Never Alone
    Oxenfree
    Quantum Break
    Ryse
    Sleepy Dogs
    Sunset Overdrive
    The Cave
    Zombi

Bear in mind that given the choice between completing three shorter games and one longer one, I’ll probably go for the three shorter ones.

I am also vaguely tempted to ignore all of these and buy Mad Max instead.
  • The Cave and Never Alone are fun and not that long.
  • Oxenfree is excellent and also not that long. Like,you could finish it in an evening.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I appear to have started Hyper Light Drifter. But I will still take suggestions under advisement.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Oxenfree is annoying rubbish.
  • Never ceases to raise a smile this place.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    G.man is annoying rubbish.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This Hyper Light Drifter game is confusing me. It’s pretty though.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve decided to have a couple of games of Rocket Dog instead.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!