Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Post of the thread. Bravo!
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Blow me.
  • Oliver-Hardy.jpg
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's really quite the spectacle. Rare are nailing this content. Can't wait until these Skeleton ships are random encounters. Hopefully one at a time when they are so chest snatching is viable.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    g.man wrote:

Firing a cannonball into the water just for good measure :D

Quite an epic tale there lads, I can see how readers could think g,man's riotous log is embellished to entertain but I know that's not the case and he's probably missed many of the little things that make this Rare gem shine!

Well done seamen.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm still convinced it looks better every time you turn it on. It obviously doesn't but.... It really does. Weird.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    g left out the bit about me jumping from the crows nest, explosive barrel in hand, and plummeting straight to the bottom of the sea while the skelly ship sailed clear. I bobbed about for a while but a shark put me out if my misery.

After a respawn, I again climbed the crows nest and grabbed our last keg. Biding my time, watching the movements of the skelly ship, my chance for redemption arrives. I slide down the ladder this time, have to dance round a few cannonballs on my way to the prow of our ship and into the drink. I try to set the fuse underwater, epic fail. I return to the surface as the skelly ship slides past, I reach out and grasp the ladder. I climb two rungs and BLAMMO, up goes the keg. Unexpected, but massive damage is done to their ship, I'll chalk that up as a big win for Team Oarsome. Or I did, until I realised the blast had also caught our own ship, blowing a million holes in the hull and poor Franny into the water. Down she goes while I'm left rueing my luck on the Ferry of the Damned.

We've still not worked out how the barrel went off, but as the enemy cannons can't aim at their own ladder and it's too low for the skellies on deck, I have my suspicions...
  • That was cursed cannonballs full of snake venom we had to contend with during that battle. Not half as annoying as the fecking dancing variety.
    And yes Hair, that's quite the abridged version of events. We also had to deal with the Megalodon multiple times throughout the battle, oh and then there was that unfortunate barrel incident where a certain member of Team Oarsome accidentally sank us...
  • Haha. Well in Sparkles. It was hilarious. I was below decks fixing a hole when the barrel went off and half a dozen new holes appeared around me. We sank like a fucking stone :D
  • It really is.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Haha. Well in Sparkles. It was hilarious. I was below decks fixing a hole when the barrel went off and half a dozen new holes appeared around me. We sank like a fucking stone :D

So you're saying Franny was manning our cannon at the time of The Incident. If only we had Sherlock Holmes to connect these clues, unfortunately it's beyond me.
  • It seems pretty clear to me....never have sparks near explosives. especially naked ones. were you properly attired?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • g.man wrote:
    ...And so it came to pass, that on the fifteenth day of the eight month, in the year of our Lord two thousand and eighteen, The Good Ship Oarsome did set sail with the intent of war. A mighty galleon, green of hue, with sails of the finest silk, and a crew of but three salty fools with songs in their hearts and the wind in their sails...oh, and a cargo of all the supplies they could carry. Well met by the Skelly ships, a mighty battle began. An alliance with a friendly galleon was formed and the fight raged on. Not once, but twice, The Good Ship Oarsome plummeted to a watery grave, and not once, but twice c.man remained behind and joined the crews of other alliance ships to continue the fight while waiting for Captain Franny and Rear Admiral Sparkles to return from port with a new ship ready for battle.  As time went on, our numbers swelled to three Alliance galleons, and there was a sense that with just a bit of luck and a lot of grim determination (and a fair bit of salty language), just maybe this could be our time. But no! A third time those damned Skellys torpedoed our hopes, and this time things looked bleak, as the Goddess of the Seas saw fit to spawn our new ship on the other side of the world. The race was on to get back to the fight. In the meantime, c.man (who'd remained behind again) began the long swim to another Alliance ship. On route, stopping at some barrels in the sea to pick up supplies. Boarding the Alliance ship, the hopelessness of their predicament became apparent when c.man realised that they had a dozen holes in their hull above the waterline, and absolutely no supplies or armaments left on board. These poor sea-dogs had been reduced to firing pistols at the enemy! But wait! c.man had picked up a pocketful of cannonballs on his epic swim to their ship! Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a cannonball and waved it at their Captain. Message received, he spun the wheel and took us back towards the battle. One Skelly ship remained afloat, locked in combat with our third Alliance partners. Nobody knew how many of the Skelly Armada Ships we'd sunk already, but by now the battle had raged for hours. We had one last chance. As our ship wheeled towards where the battle raged, c.man jumped on a cannon and loaded it. This is it lads! I've got ten cannonballs and then we're sunk! Splice The Mainbrace, we're going in! ...Somewhere miles away upon The Sea Of Thieves, a fucktonne of commendations unlocks for Capt. Franny and Rear Admiral Sparkles aboard The Good Ship Oarsome IIIWE'VE FUCKING DONE IT LADS! i6vXVhH.jpg Back at the scene of the battle, the rejoicing begins. Multiple crews come together on the one Galleon, instruments are pulled out, shanties are played, and pirates from all over the seas sing and dance and fire their pistols in the air in celebration of this most momentous of occasions. Truly, Davy Jones watches over drunks and fools. c.man waves goodbye to his new comrades, turns and dives into the sea, then swims to a nearby mermaid who sends him back to his now jubilant crew aboard The Oarsome III. To our starboard, the lights from a friendly outpost twinkle in the twilight.  Lads! There be a tavern over there, and there be grog to be drunk! just another quiet night on The Sea Of Thieves then... c.man
    also this deserves to survive the page turn
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk

• Oh, and more good news lads. The Cursed Sails is being extended by a further week...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ooh awesome. That's brilliant news.
  • Lolling at flapdoodle.
    Xbox - Boozy The Clown
    Forza4Lyfe
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    That's me on SoT sat sun night then if anyone's about.
  • Working all weekend sadly. Defo in for tonight tho.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'll be on next week too obvs. Need those commendations. No idea why, but I do.

Plus, that skele stuff for the ship is sweeeet
  • o/
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Caravanning from Friday. Bastard.
  • I'm on it Saturday, not done Cursed Sails fml.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Webbins wrote:
    I'm on it Saturday, not done Cursed Sails fml.

Yeah, me too.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I AAAAAAARM on now
  • Join you shortly. Just doing the dishes at the mo.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    That's not very piratey
  • I be washing them with RUM!
  • In preparation for some pirating, I foolishly bought some Austrian rum:
    42599400-5_B11-41_E4-_BC5_F-_E242_E70027_B0.jpg

Yes, the ‘80’ signifies the ABV of this stupid, stupid drink.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    That stuff is revolting.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!