Welcome to fat fighters.. 2020 .. Double Digits..
  • Can’t suck in the love handles!

Most people were by the pool so I walked down the empty beach, flexing to myself. Yeah mate
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Good for you mate, everyone always sees the worst in themself when they look in a mirror anyway unless they're a bit narcissistic, its hard to ignore it as well, I'm definitely a hypocrite as I never follow my own advice and feel like I look like shit a lot of the time but you're just passing people and then they're gone when you're out and about no one is looking at anyone, you don't remember 99.9% of people that you see in a day.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I’m too self conscious for my own good. I should just ignore others.

My wife is happy, that means a lot. ;)
  • There you go mate, if the Mrs is happy, who else's opinion really matters at the end of the day?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Short answer here I haven't been drinking the beer since I got back from holiday on the 18th and I've lost 2 pounds. I think there might be form here
  • Calories in < calories out = weight loss

That's basically all there is to it.

Congrats on the weight loss Reg McSlimboi
  • Picked up some new jammies when I was out so I can be a nice fresh comfy boi during this shitty hot weather when I'm ruining my sleep cycle watching Evo. Read the size labels in the shop, turns out I are now taking a medium size in muh jimjams. Madness. Felt good though.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The Reckoning will be at the weigh-in this evening after returning from 18 days in the US.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I’m not gonna weigh myself again until mid September. I’ve been binging on cheese, bread, beer, wine, ice cream, beer, whisky, bread, crisps, cheese. France is great!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I was 66kg when I left for holiday. Came back just over 2 weeks ago and I was around 70kg. Over 2 weeks and I’m still at around 69kg. :(
    I’m hoping some of that was muscle though. Went gym 4 times in first 5 days while eating like a motherfucker.
  • STAY OFF THE SCALES YOU SILLIES.
  • Erm..... yeah! Sillies!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    +3lbs after an Orlando holiday on which I thoroughly enjoyed eating. Really can't complain. I drank a bit but not every night. I usually had fruit for breakfast or a plain omelette from time to time. I skipped lunch quite often when out and about or just ate some fruit. That let me indulge at night.

Back on the programme.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    -5.5lbs this week - undoing the holiday gain. Pleased with that. Bit wary about such a big loss. In the past I've found it hard to follow up with a loss the following week - comes across as a freak reading.

Anyhow - had to leave my wedding ring in the jewellers this week as it has started falling off.
  • Damn Davy, you're absolutely killing it, grats my guy!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Been a while since in this thread as my weight was basically going the opposite way to Davy's. Excellent work there mate, you are really smashing it!

I'm currently on a veg and protein diet, no alcohol and minimal caffeine. I'm missing my yoghurt and berries, and my occasional bit of cheese, but that's about it really. So far, in just about a week, I've lost 10lbs and more than happy with that result. So sticking at it.

Quick question to @Skerret you said to Elm to cut down on fat on training days, what's the reasoning behind that? Simple waste of putting in the energy, or carbs (instead of fat) + workout = better combo?
  • What’s wrong with yoghurt berries and cheese? I have that every day. Minimal carbs in that. 

And what’s wrong with caffeine? I thought thermogenesic effect would be beneficial.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I have berries every day. Natural yoghurt is allowed on my programme too and quite often have it with the berries. Cheese has to be rationed though.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Elf just the diet I’m following for the next couple weeks. I’ll be introducing yoghurt and berries at the end of next week. And then slowly introduce different food types in moderation and see how it affects weight loss. If I find anything affecting that I’ll whip it back out until I hit my rough target.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Alcohol really has to be considered a no-no if trying to lose weight.

Apart from the calories it contains , it weakens your resolve and then leaves you wanting comfort the following day.
  • Boris / Davy,

Once you’ve reached your (interim) goal on your current programme, you should think about changing your nutrition to a sustainable healthy diet. Something like:

1. Cut out or (drastivally) reduce added sugars
    2. Reduce (refined) carbs
    3. Moderate protein amounts (unless you’re bothered about muscle hypertrophy)
    4. Eat healthy fats like nuts and seeds and olives and feta etc
    5. Endure you get plenty of fibre

The Mediterranean diet is good.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye. When I reach my target weight I go onto what is called a maintenance plan. Which is kind of what you are saying above.

I'm already doing 1, 2 and 5.  Item 4 is calorific and I have to count nuts etc in my current weight loss mode which I can't be arsed doing.

I'd like to start some exercise to build some muscle to offset the effect of being over 50 and tighten up a wee bit too. Will be starting something over the next few weeks.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Quick question to @Skerret you said to Elm to cut down on fat on training days, what's the reasoning behind that? Simple waste of putting in the energy, or carbs (instead of fat) + workout = better combo?
    Theory is high carb (usually immediately post training) on workout days promotes fast uptake of glycogen into the muscle to replenish muscle glycogen and accelerate recovery. Apparently. Cut down on fat to make room for the carb intake re: total calories.

I'm on lazy keto and I've gained mass quicker on a higher carb thing, but this is much better for staying lean.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Thanks for that elf. I’m aware of the guidance and for the most part stick to it. But like Davy says alcohol messes that up. Not just the calorific content but mainly the post drink carb cravings and that is what typically is messing me up. But that’s also part of the plan now. Plan is to stay off the drink for at least a month then only introduce it carefully (I.e. no drinking at home after work, only for special occasions etc.). Possibly easier said than done at the moment as I’m breaking from a consistent habit/culture from mid teens. But getting old and realise it needs to reduce drastically.

Thanks Skerret. That makes perfect sense. Right now I’m not doing much in the way of heavy lifting, just some mid weight stuff at home with and EZ bar. Main exercise is daily walks with the healthy eating. I know the concept of building muscle then shred, but right now I want to get as much weight off before I start on the strength programme again so that I can feel more “athletic” when I revisit the gym. If that makes any sense?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It does. Try not to lose too much muscle mass in the process, keep protein high.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep, I'm having protein with every meal, and then some protein shakes as snacks.
  • Did well this week, looking better now. Was a bit relaxed today and indulged and had a full-blown cheat day.

Back to healthy eating tomorrow. 

I also have my company-funded health test tomorrow with Nuffield. Hoping it’ll be a lot better than previous years as I’ve made positive dietary and habit changes since last year’s one.
  • Let myself go past couple of days. :(

Fasting for next 2 days will help. OMAD.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm bobbling along - not losing but not gaining. Have let things go a bit which accounts for it.

I need to get focussed again and go for my target weight by the end of the year. This month is a bad 'un though as it is a sociable one for me - Several friends' and Wifey's birthday.
  • Just remember dudes, don't beat yourselves up if you dont stick to your diet plan for a couple of days, it won't have any real impact as long as you continue back onto whatever you're doing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!