Dubstep, Grime and other UK urban sounds
  • First track from Lady Leshurr's debut album is on Youtube, and it's the only thing I've heard from her that's a) dull as fuck and b) autotuned to the nines.  Surely artists who sound like this are queuing up to sound like this?

Dead ting.
  • Yeah it's fairly ordinary innit?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • What you on about? It's a tune to grind with the missus to. I'd have that playing at a bbq too, back door open (fnar), couple of schooners, sun blazing sorted.
  • I mean in comparison to bare sassy barz it's nothing special. If this were the grinding with your other half thread of smooth jams then we'd be onto a winner.

But it isn't, it's the roadman thred of we dont love no girls in the ends. Brap brap.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I've got to admit I like it now, after the knee jerk reaction up there.  It sounds great and the whatever-that-noise-is bits work, but that doesn't mean I'm any less annoyed with it.  I hope it's not indicative of her debut album, because if so they've stripped away a hell of a lot of the personality that made her stuff stand out.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Today I learnt that P Money is FUCKING FIRE over DnB. Check out 52:30, and 55:55 on this vid. Not heard an MC ride a DnB/Jungle beat like that since Hyper D. Shotta is good but its all the same, GQ is the don of crowd hype. Rare to see an MC actually roll with the beat.

• Moot_Geeza wrote:
    First track from Lady Leshurr's debut album is on Youtube, and it's the only thing I've heard from her that's a) dull as fuck and b) autotuned to the nines.  Surely artists who sound like this are queuing up to sound like this? Dead ting.

I've now come to terms with thhis and given myself a slap.  I love this track.
  • Back off holiday so finally able to drop in the thread and say the following:

FUCK. THIS. SHIT. 

This is the wettest, most dead fitb I've probably ever heard, fuck the comments section popping off like HO SHIT DRIZZY WENT IN, BARZZZZ. Fucking nuthugging is off the charts. Fuck Drake thinking he can just drop into grime and be some kind of fucking ambassador from the US that's going to make grime big over there, doing fucking Link Up TV and putting on some weird half london accent. Fuck off mate, I've seen USA REACTS TO GRIME vids on YT, half the time they can't understand what's being said, half the time the wordplay goes straight over their heads. Fuck heads from the UK, including Wiley and JME who have bigged this shit up, Wiley is in the YT comments calling this wavey, bruv, the only waving is going to be me, at the airport watching Drake fuck off back to Canada. 

Meanwhile D Double steps in on a Flowdan track to fucking save the day again.
  • Came across this the other day -

Burial sample in there :)
  • Leaving these here for DS:

This is that other track I was on about from last night! Prefer this one I think to the other one.
  • ERRRRRMMMMMAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD how did this drop a month ago and I didn't hear about it!?!?!?!!?!?!!!?!!?

YAAAASSSSSSSSS STORYTIME BEST TIME.
  • OH MY GOD THE CAMEOS
  • Back 2 Back is great.

Bugzy Malone's new album is only £6 on Google Music.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • I find Bugsy a bit hit and miss sometimes, that one from the other week with Rag n' Bone man in it was alright though, less grimey more straight up 'commercial' track, I don't mean that in a bad way either!

Talking of people with albums out that people definitely find a bit hit and miss (apart from me because I wub him): 

D Double announces tracklist via freestyle, mah days, D pls.
  • D Double is like if your dad told you he could leng down bars and then he actually did.
  • Roujin wrote:
    D Double is like if your dad told you he could leng down bars and then he actually did.

Haha.

Shiro went too big.  No winners in part 3, can't wait.

• Good god I had to run out into the street and punch someone's nan. Beat is fucking ridiculous on this.
  • Good lord, there seem to be decent tracks dropping every few days lately!!!

RRRRAAAASSSSSSKKKKIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT etc. 

• A NATIONAL TREASURE. 

• "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Will treat myself shortly. I don't actually think Rapman's much cop when it comes to the cut and thrust of his jib jabber, but these are hugely entertaining.  Feed me stories through my ears.
  • 100% Agree, I think he's not a super lyricist or an amazing punchliner, or decent on the beat, but I'm rating him just for the eastenders on road action. I fear that the inevitable Part 4 will be the shark jump though, imo this one pushed it to the absolute limit.
  • Finally watched this earlier with Mrs. Moot.  Too much!  Peng chicken cameo was lol.  It's not good but I love it.
  • Yes mate! I can't see how he can take it beyond the next part, like we get it, violence begets violence and the cycle never ends. I'm assuming part 4 is Shiro, Kyra, Kyle and CadetCadet all realising that.

Wavy funeral vibes on lock.
  • Wavy funeral vibes for sure, probably some more post credits *plink*........*plink* ruminating ivory tinkling too.  GF has to die for me, so presumably the next one needs to be set a few months on so we can be left with a Shiro Jr.  Maybe to be raised by a redeemed Kyle/Ben Affleck as Rafe.
  • Another Leshurr appears.

Cooooor she looks nice in that green bomber jacket thing.  Track isn't as good as the one at the top of the page, which as I've always said is awesome.
  • Moot, shocking news, i was half paying attention to am interview he was doing with Tin Westwood and apparently that's it, no Part 4!!! Think he's hoping to move into bigger things, people saying they might be trying to get it turned into a series, but for me I think it only really works because it's in song form, the melodies and the simple language delivered over a couple of minutes do enough to carry it, I funny think it would stand up to being changed into a tv sh ow without becoming a different beast altogether.

Gonna listen to that Leshurr track now though.

Edit: Wait I'd already heard it, I like all the video homages, big up the Missy Elliot sections. Track is alright, I prefer the last Queens Speech or Wakanda Forever.
  • C- for Rapman then. And he can stick that in front of his name. There's no way that was planned as the final part, surely? Noooo.
  • Yeah my guess is he's either realised there nowhere for it to go or that because of how fast it was getting views that maybe they could get a show off the back is popularity.

It deffo ends like there's going to be another part.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    track isn't as good as the one at the top of the page, which as I've always said is awesome.

This didn't go unnoticed, big man.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!