Spider-Man
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Can I ask how you found the overload of combat that the back game gives you? Not a loaded question, just has not been something I've been interested in Yours A level 47 player.

I know that was aimed at Pea but I’ll chop in anyway...  I didn’t mind it too much on the grounds that I felt combat was a completely different beast to when I started out, and the different goals within it kept it interesting as they altered the approach entirely.  
    Spoiler:
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nah there's definitely too many.
  • I enjoy the combat and think that getting 100% for the sake of it is a mugs game, so would be fine with there being more. There could probably do with being more races, too, but there certainly aren't too many fights at the end for my liking.
  • Comic Spidey works really well for screenshots.

hKBmaIA.jpg

(Excuse the size, had a setting wrong when I took it and Imgur doesn't want to let me edit it.)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Theres Spiderman done. Plot better than open world. Don't do what Donny reg don't did
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So now
    Spoiler:
  • If you think that's bad...
  • Lol.
    The Forum Herald™
  • It’s a bit like when you play as clank. Shit but hey it’s a palette cleanser.
    The Forum Herald™
  • So far and ive only done about 30% cos I get distracted and just swing about like feckin Spiderman ffs, this game is pure top class fun. I hope I feel the same way at the end but I'm really enjoying it right now
    Peter3C
  • Challenge tokens. How the fuck does anyone manage to get enough to buy everything?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Get middle on everything and you're sorted.
  • Really? That's a relief; it didn't look like there were enough for that.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Get middle on everything and you're sorted.

Not if you want to upgrade all your gadgets and get all the suits. As I found out on ending the game. Boo hiss.
  • Fuck, I upgraded some of the gadgets and I don't even use them. I bet I'm forever one suit short or something. Damn those gold awards for being so incredibly tough.
  • You’ve got to max all the challenges, or pretty close, if you want to get absolutely everything.
  • I'm happy not getting everything upgraded, but I'd like to see all the suits. I guess I can always start again.
  • If you want the trophies in particular, don’t use any challenge tokens till the end. Make a manual save, unlock all gadgets. Reload without saving and then unlock all the suits.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • You could, but that's scrub tier shit.
  • I found the stealth ones relatively easy to get gold. There’s a set order to taking the goons out, web takedowns or impact webs all the way. It’s just finding the right order. I got gold on one or two combat ones, just through keeping at it. Bombs and drones though, I just can’t get past silver. You can find the exact route but there’s always something that goes wrong. You end up accidentally web zipping to a different launch point or something and you’ve blown it. The controls are too fiddly for the level of precision it needs, and it’s too unforgiving of any slight mistakes.

Although I’ve got all the suits and gadgets. It’s just the suit mods that I won’t even use but want to unlock for completions sake.

I’m on 93% I think. Just got district crimes and side missions left (which I’ve been saving). Whatever they do with the DLC and future games, I want to believe I’ve flown through my last Oscorp smog cloud collecting samples. It felt like there were about 10 of those.
  • If you want the trophies in particular, don’t use any challenge tokens till the end. Make a manual save, unlock all gadgets. Reload without saving and then unlock all the suits.

Cheers man that’s me sorted
    The Forum Herald™
  • Did you try using focus targeting (L2) for the web zips on drone/bomb challenges, @monkey? If the timer is related to in-game time, so slows down when you're in focus, that could be what's needed.
  • Aced my first base. Took me 4 attempts but that's cos I'm shite.
    Peter3C
  • AJ wrote:
    Did you try using focus targeting (L2) for the web zips on drone/bomb challenges, @monkey? If the timer is related to in-game time, so slows down when you're in focus, that could be what's needed.
    No I haven't. It was only near the end that I discovered that you could do that and I now keep forgetting. It's worth trying though as you're probably right.
  • Fingers crossed. My scores on those are so far out, I assume I must be missing something.
  • Apparently this has already made more money than Marvel's Spider-Man film.
  • AJ wrote:
    Fingers crossed. My scores on those are so far out, I assume I must be missing something.
    I’ve tried it. It helps and it does slow time but it’s not a game changer. I got stuck on a bit of scenery a few foot from where I need to be and it can be quite awkward getting him into precise parts of the environment at speed. Spend a few seconds doing that and it’s all over. It does help with web zipping but those little circles can come and go seemingly at random.

Meh. It’s no biggie. I watched a YouTube vid of a gold run on one of these. The guy wasn’t doing anything special, just got his route right, wasn’t even in that much of a hurry. I can get Spidey about the city happily enough but the narrow paths these challenges need you to go down are too awkward for me.

• Well, I know what I'll be doing after dinner. Thanks for confirming.
  • AJ wrote:
    Apparently this has already made more money than Marvel's Spider-Man film.

3.3 million copies, in 3 days! Jesus. Fastest selling Sony title in history.
  • I wonder if we'll get a sequel...

Anyway, these race challenges are right bastards and pissing me off. Gonna do a Sable outpost to calm down.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!