Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sea of Thieves is incredible, you're mad. Monster Hunter was awful, I bored of it super fast.

See, pointless this.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Sea of Thieves is incredible, you're mad. Monster Hunter was awful, I bored of it super fast.

See, pointless this.
    It's pointless but it's a daft fun. I think both games are in my top 10 of the year.

Tbh if you attach any personal stuff to this thread it says more about you and your need to be validated than games.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    they're both so good that a bug in how the floating point numbers that determine their goodness are calculated means they are actually very bad xoxoxox
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • But I can justify why I found SoT disappointing; it didn't meet its hype at release, there was nothing to do, and I didn't want to replay it...

Also you had mad crazy expectations if MHW was in your top 10 AND your most disappointing of the year, surely?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    People are fickle. Let people have different feelings. But I'll be personally boggled if sea of thieves ends up here. BUT THATS JUST ME
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's got nothing to do with me attaching personal stuff, cheers. It's just me, I don't see the point of goty either as the result means nothing to me.

Also, I'm just being daft too x
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You are one of the sensible ones
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Donut County is obviously the winner of goty anyway.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Omg you are the sensible one
  • regmcfly wrote:
    People are fickle. Let people have different feelings. But I'll be personally boggled if sea of thieves ends up here. BUT THATS JUST ME

Prior to this thread, I’d heard two opinions; one was that it does things differently (an endorsement, but hardly glorious praise). The other was that it’s a massive disappointment.

It’s great that people like it, but I won’t be massively surprised if it scores highly in the disappointment charts. Having heard loads about it prior to launch, I’ve heard next to nothing since. You’d have to actively look for it to even know that it’s out.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You don’t seem to be paying much attention then, it was on the front page of Eurogamer twice last week relating to the latest expansion. I expect most other sites will have done articles as well.
  • g.man wrote:
    Worst game of the year is State Of Decay 2. I bought this the day it came out. Took unusually long to download, so it instantly got pushed to the back burner. Eventually fired it up...only to find I couldn't play it because it needed a massive patch...which took an unusually long time to download...so the game got put on the back burner again...eventually fired it up again...only to find I couldn't play it because it needed another massive patch...which took an unusually long time to download...so the game got put on the back burner again...eventually fired it up again...only to find I couldn't play it because it needed yet another massive patch...which took an unusually long time to download...so the game got put on the back burner yet again... This has gone on for months now. I have never even been given the opportunity to launch the fucking game, because whenever I do, there is always a patch.  Just last week, I downloaded a 9gig patch for it. It took fucking days (for some reason, patches for this game take ten times longer to download on my Bone than any other game), but eventually there it was, all downloaded. At this point I went and made a cup of tea to celebrate. When I came back, there was yet another fucking patch for the game that needed to be downloaded. This one even bigger than the last. so in summary, FUCK THIS GAME g.man
    Guess what lads!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • There's now another patch for this shower of shite.
  • This one is a further 7 gig.
  • I have still never played this game.
  • WORST GAME EVER.
  • What size is that game file at now? Sounds more like there is a fuck up with the downloading
    SFV - reddave360
  • The game itself sits at about 28.5gig. They just keep re-writing the rancid thing. It's had more fucking patches than an early access title.
  • State of delay

Sorry.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Sea of Thieves [5]
    Due to my particular tastes in games and what I look for this was a missed opportunity for me. Contrary to this, I know some people love the simplicity and 'make your own fun' attitude the game has. Personally though, I was bored stiff after a few days.

State of Decay 2 [5]
    Same reasons .g gave plus a myriad of others. This game was so buggy and laggy when I last played I just gave up. Can't be arsed with updates to games I might like any more either, can get ta fuck. Sorry Undead Labs. First impressions are everything.

Dark Souls Remastered [5]
    God awful. Game single handily killed PvP for both the original and it's "remaster" - From Software, please look at Halo Anniversary (Not the MCC) and Skyrim to see how do you remasters.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    What's sad is state of decay 2 was coming in with all the big licks
  • G, the website lists four patches, all of which were back in June. Is there any chance the issue is at your end?
  • g.man wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Worst game of the year is State Of Decay 2. I bought this the day it came out. Took unusually long to download, so it instantly got pushed to the back burner. Eventually fired it up...only to find I couldn't play it because it needed a massive patch...which took an unusually long time to download...so the game got put on the back burner again...eventually fired it up again...only to find I couldn't play it because it needed another massive patch...which took an unusually long time to download...so the game got put on the back burner again...eventually fired it up again...only to find I couldn't play it because it needed yet another massive patch...which took an unusually long time to download...so the game got put on the back burner yet again... This has gone on for months now. I have never even been given the opportunity to launch the fucking game, because whenever I do, there is always a patch.  Just last week, I downloaded a 9gig patch for it. It took fucking days (for some reason, patches for this game take ten times longer to download on my Bone than any other game), but eventually there it was, all downloaded. At this point I went and made a cup of tea to celebrate. When I came back, there was yet another fucking patch for the game that needed to be downloaded. This one even bigger than the last. so in summary, FUCK THIS GAME g.man
    Guess what lads!

love this post lolol
  • My disappointment of the year is gonzo and cinty quitting the bear and badger game.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tbqh I don't want to ref that although I miss them both.
  • Want me to delete that post reg?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I'm going to go with Mario Tennis Aces. Not a bad game at all, but I think I have so many fond memories of golf/tennis on the N64 and this just felt like a lost opportunity and it really disappointed me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!