Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It does annoy me when I am called to another part of the house for something which turns out to be answering a question that she could have come and asked me wherever I was.
  • Kow wrote:
    It does annoy me when I am called to another part of the house for something which turns out to be answering a question that she could have come and asked me wherever I was.

This drives me nuts. When I shout her and she can't hear what I'm saying I'm supposed to come to her.. when it's the other way round I'm supposed to come to her.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    If anyone’s interested in the Videogames exhibition at the V&A, I highly recommend it. It’s incredibly well curated and there’s some excellent, unique games to play at the end.

Probably the sort of thing @acemuzzy would like.
  • Hhhmmm. 
    I got nothing from it at all. 
    If you are a regular here or follow kotaku etc... then there's very little new or any revelations at all. 
    Some nice concept art that you could most likely find online and some interesting controversial aspects of games I.e. misogyny, race etc... But I think those topics have been covered here and on kotaku thoroughly. 
    Price is steep as well at £18 per person.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You can find and experience absolutely anything online so really there's no need to ever leave the house.

Like everything it's about being out and about, hands on, enjoying it. 18quid is fuck all really, a decent meal or cinema for two is more than that.

I know ya went and all but it's always gonna be better than reading a kotaku article.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Aye I'm keen to go, just tricky to be organized enough to go
  • Cinema costs over a tenner these days? I don’t think I have been since I was a teenager. Just assumed it cost about £3.50
  • I found it all very... brief. 
    And I disagree £18 each for at most 30 mins walking through dark rooms is expensive. 
    Frieda Kahlo (also at the V&A) is not my thing but the missus wanted to go and that had about 6 times more content and time and effort (seemingly) put into it. 
    It's the second exhibition I've been to there recently that was more in my wheelhouse and I was deeply disappointed about how lightweight they both were. 

And of course you can find anything online but my argument is, as people who are into this game shit we've/you've most definitely come across everything that the exhibition has to teachm or show you already. 
    A non-gamer is more likely to get something from it. Especially if they've gone with a gamer in tow.
  • I'm going with the missus and her kid and expect we'll have a great time. I'd spend £18 buying a round, it's about getting out and looking at this stuff with others, then talking about it, imo.

£18 is steep tho, for sure.
  • Bingo. Your missus and kid will get something from it. You will get a bit from fleshing out the info. 
    4 badgers together.... Will get little out of it, in my opinion.
  • Yeah, I paid £18 to see the Pink Floyd exhibition at the V&A last year. It was massive, spectacular and beautifully curated. Looked into going to this viddygames thing when I was in London recently, but my research just didn't make it look worth the same price of admission.
    Not saying it's pony like, it did look potentially interesting, but just not for the same moolah as the Floyd one. I guess £18 is just the going rate for that museum.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Aye in fairness I had no inclination to go by myself, it was the missus that mentioned it and that her son would like it; that tipped the balance for me.
  • Aye, should be a good day out for a group like dat.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    I found it all very... brief.  And I disagree £18 each for at most 30 mins walking through dark rooms is expensive.  Frieda Kahlo (also at the V&A) is not my thing but the missus wanted to go and that had about 6 times more content and time and effort (seemingly) put into it.  It's the second exhibition I've been to there recently that was more in my wheelhouse and I was deeply disappointed about how lightweight they both were.  And of course you can find anything online but my argument is, as people who are into this game shit we've/you've most definitely come across everything that the exhibition has to teachm or show you already.  A non-gamer is more likely to get something from it. Especially if they've gone with a gamer in tow.

Well, YMMV and all that. We were in there for about two and a half hours. I hadn’t seen much, if any, of that content anywhere else. That may be because I don’t go looking for it but I’m sure I’m not the only one. Just because it’s a hobby I enjoy doesn’t mean I research every aspect of every game. There were even a couple of smaller games I’d never heard of. And I’d be fairly confident there’s stuff in there you couldn’t find elsewhere.
  • Bob wrote:
    Kow wrote:

This drives me nuts. When I shout her and she can't hear what I'm saying I'm supposed to come to her.. when it's the other way round I'm supposed to come to her.

Mine always waits until I’m leaving the room to try and ask me something.
    We’ll be sat together for ages, nothing may be said and we’ll just be watching tv.
    I’ll get up to go to the toilet, get just outside the room and then hear a muffled “mmfffrrrgghmumumbbblergh?”

Back in I go, “what was that?”
    “Oh god you never listen do you?!”

AAAAARGH
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Tbh, if that happened several times my reaction would be to ignore anything they said out of earshot.
  • Internet culture is a thing

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yesterday's news
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Well, 12:42's news...
  • Which known twats are the most insufferable? Been pondering this today, and bothered that i have only assembled a firm 3. It really needs to stretch to 5 to feel like half a list. 

So far i got Donald Trump, Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins. For sure a Tory politician can be added. Not sure which one- maybe Gove? That would still leave space for one more. Im sure there's someone obvious im overlooking.
  • Mogg
  • Oh, twats not cunts. There's a difference I think. Trump is a twat, as is Mogg. Clarkson would be a cunt.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Clarkson is lol I like the man
  • I think Gove is more of a cunt than a twat.
  • Gove confirmed cunt, not twat.
  • DS confirmed twat.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    oi i work hard for cunt status

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!