Which ailments currently beplague you
  • MuseChick wrote:
    Currently trying to judge when is the right time to talk to a Dr about heart palpitations. Dr Google says they're usually nothing serious and Ive had the random one here and there in the past but I've had them every day, pretty consistently for the past week *shrug*
    I get them. Had them for years muse and not really registered them or noticed them. 
    Totally fine. 
    They were first noticed when I did a drug trial and I was on a monitor. They were happening BEFORE I took the drug so it wasn't that. 
    They kept me monitored while in the unit then when I was realised they put me on a 24hr tape and rushed it to a consultant in the hospital. He checked it out and said it was perfectly normal, for about X whatever percent of the population. 
    I notice it when lying down or still, I get an extra beat or out of sequence jump here and there which actually goes away if I get fit and do cardio.

Not going to lie tho, I was bricking it until it was checked out.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Unless you've been drinking too much GAMERFUEL™ while playing Overwatch.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • TLDR 
    Don't panic, its quite possibly absolutely fine.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Seconded on Pantys opinion. Fucking who gave Tin the day off though? NHS gone to shit, bloody foreigners coming over here being net contributors to the economy while using MY services.

Edit: I mean, get it checked like, but most probably it's nothing bad.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I get loads of them. Last between 5 and 30 seconds. They can be triggered by panic attacks, and panic attacks can be triggered by them. Mine are caused by lots of delicious wine and the doctor told me I was fine but should maybe cut down a bit.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You’ve switched to horrible wine instead?
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    I honestly wouldn't be worried about them if they didn't seem like they'd just popped up out of nowhere to be a constant seemingly without rhyme or reason. I have had a decent amount of stress over the last couple of months, which is all I can think it might be but if anything the stress has finally been subsiding.

I did have a full on echocardiogram and 24 hour monitor (granted I didn't have the palps then) back in the summer and both were totally normal so that's somewhat reassuring.

I'll give it a couple of weeks and if they're still as intense and frequent I'll try and speak to a doc.
  • I had the same issue around Xmas last year. It was at and after a period of intense stress at work, specially as my manager was away for 2 weeks with limited access to work email and I had to do lots of shit. 

Palpitations came out of nowhere and lasted every day for 2 weeks or even more. Got checked out straight away in monitor and ECG and ultrasound and all sorts of shot (running full belt on treadmill before being scanned etc). Results showed my heart was perfect etc. 

So it must’ve been stress? So I think it could be just that but as we are talking about the heart here, best to get every possible test done.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Could well be the stress; I thought my heart was playing up but it turned out to be stress making a muscle in my chest twitch.
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    Mines definitely doing a beat skip and then shoving a load of blood up my neck suddenly which feels g r e a t haha. But yeah I'm hoping it's just a delayed response to the stress. Thank you for reassurance everyone x
  • MuseChick wrote:
    Currently trying to judge when is the right time to talk to a Dr about heart palpitations. Dr Google says they're usually nothing serious and Ive had the random one here and there in the past but I've had them every day, pretty consistently for the past week *shrug*

If they've changed, and consistently so, then it's worth a chat with your GP about it.  It's unlikely to be anything too serious given you've already had an echo and 24 hour tape - but given things have changed, it's reasonable to talk to them about it again.  The most common triggers are ectopic beats - occasional skipped beats that we all get from time to time, but can become more aware of - but there are a few weird and wonderful things worth excluding, and it might be sensible to get some bloods to check for other underlying triggers (like thyroid etc).

But yeah, it could well be stress related. At the risk of stating the blindingly obvious, make sure you cut down on caffeine, and if you get any chest pains or breathlessness, see someone immediately - otherwise I'd book a routine appointment just to review things.

(If you're comfortable taking your pulse, then check it when it's particularly bad.  Two things your doctor's going to be interested in - firstly how fast is it, and secondly the rhytyhm.  With the latter, broadly speaking they are trying to work out if it's regular, regularly irregular (i.e. predictably so, or mostly regularly with the occasional skip) or irregularly irregular (all over the shop).)
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    I'll be booking an appointment with the GP today with the hopes they'll be gone by the time I actually have an appointment ;) thank you Tin.
  • Toothache is an absolute cunt. Trying to hold off visiting a dentist til after new year but there's only so much painkillers I can take. Fuck me.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Have a chat with an anaesthetist, see if they can sort you out.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Have a chat with your local heroin dealer.
  • Have a chat with a hammer
  • That was weird. I’m sitting in McDonald’s, waiting for my food to arrive. (I just finished my last day of work for two weeks, sue me.)

I was reading th TV thread, when out of nowhere I felt my head rush, like I was going to pass out. Heart started racing. I looked at my watch and it had shot up to 168bpm. Concentrated on breathing and got it down to 54bpm in what felt like less than a minute. That would be around my usual resting heart rate. I’m now back up to 75bpm or thereabouts.

I hope this isn’t my last meal.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Proof that McDonald's is bad for you.
  • Sounds worrying.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Did you spot a sexy lady?
  • I don't know if it's still a thing, but McDonald's did used to design their interiors purposefully to increase your heart-rate.

Hope you're okay, Andy.
  • I cracked on and ate my Big Mac. It’s a bit like when there was that terrorist attack forty miles up the coast while I was in Tunisia. I didn’t want to die, but I didn’t want my holiday to be cut short either. I’m not that worried.

g.man wrote:
    Sounds worrying.

It would be for you, old boy. You’d be seeing a light...
  • Aye, worrying too much is a terrible thing to do. Besides, forty miles? That's.. uh... miles away. Had a bomb go off a couple of streets over when I was in Israel and we carried on as we were.
  • I’m not saying I was close, or that it affected me. But the Foreign Office were considering pulling all UK citizens out of the country.
  • Fucking foreign office. Used to go out with a girl who's now working for them and she had no idea about things. Because of her, I now assume the majority of them have a similar level of understanding.
  • I think you need to take a moment, AJ.
  • Lower if its the Foreign Secretary.
  • Andy wrote:
    I think you need to take a moment, AJ.

Should I go back to Jack as my avatar as a reminder of how I tend to exaggerate certain shitty things for comic effect?
  • Between this thread and the 101 things thread, I’m missing the ‘comic effect’ bit of that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!