Selling / Items wanted - The punting stuff and creating joy thread
  • Could the forum not help Reg get Flora to japan without him selling loads of games? I’d contribute.
    250px-132Ditto.png
  • I think we’d all get behind this, but Reg might feel uncomfortable. I dunno.

I thought about ways we could help without it feeling like charity. What if we commissioned Reg to write a travel piece? Sling him a few quid in exchange for a bumper thread of everything he eats in Japan? Reg Reviews Tokyo: The Revenge?
  • We could sponsor him to play something collectively decided upon in the sponsored play thread, maybe.  Half the proceeds to Reg, half to the usual St. Ann's Hospice cause.  That would be win win, as I'd imagine St. Ann's would end up getting substantially more than they might for a standard one-off sponsorship?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    We could sponsor him to play something collectively decided upon in the sponsored play thread, maybe.  Half the proceeds to Reg, half to the usual St. Ann's Hospice cause.  That would be win win, as I'd imagine St. Ann's would end up getting substantially more than they might for a standard one-off sponsorship?

That's an idea.

Would also be happy to contribute to get a 'Special Badger in Japan Badger Report' on the goings on in Akihabara...
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • I’d be on board this train.
  • I honestly don't mind just giving Reg the cash for nothing in return. I don't think he should have to part with stuff he doesn't want to get shot of if there are badgers who are willing to step in.

I appreciate people don't like feeling like a charity case, but I don't see this as charity, I see this as looking after our own. Reg is a God damn forum hero.

So Reg, I know you might not want to take it, but I'm totally willing to help you towards your target without you having to sell your stuff, and I suspect quite a few others here would be too.
  • Absolutely.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Reg is a God damn forum hero.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Also if you want to tell me to fuck off for pushing it, that's also totally fair.
  • +100

Edit: at the Reg being a hero bit
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Lovely messages, everyone, but I'm going to put up more tonight for sale, including some Japanese stuff that may be worth a lot. I really need to hit £££. Get ready for some cool N64 and some good pal PS2 stuff as I need to get flora to Japan.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Okay, because I've hit desperation mode, here is more for sale. It's all in one picture so let me break it down.

dXxprur.jpg

On the N64 front, there are CIB copies of Shadows of the Empire, Ogre Battle, the 64GB and especially Zelda OOT. the latter is especially rare as it is complete and complete. Not one of the stickers for the songs has been removed from the sheet, so it is almost new in box. (For ref, there are a bunch of arrow stickers that you used to stick down the various ocarina songs as you went through)

Resident evil stuff - aside from RE Make, everything is CIB. The former has no manual, so be aware of that. Geist is CIB.

Hopefully someone on here is interested.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If this stuff doesn't go I'll go deeper tomorrow.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    A bit disappointed yesterday's stuff didn't get any traction, so off we go again.

Here's some new stuff that I will be sad about losing but for the greater good.

Nintendo DS Pal
    6d9lJTJ.jpg

Hotel Dusk and Freshly Picked Tingles Rosee Rupeeland - a couple of obscure, and in the latter, rare games. These are both bonkers examples of what the DS can do. All CIB

Nintendo DS JP
    p9qENlw.jpg
    NI no Kuni DS complete with spellbook. Never released over here, it's wonderful.

PS2 Retro
    GTgusx5.jpg

This stuff breaks my heart as I play them regularly but I know there's retro heads out there so I am trying to appeal to them. A bunch of retro collections with lots of trimmings and a great way to play, for example, Mortal Kombat 2-3. All CIB.

PS2 Rare
    aXdUdjw.jpg

Persona 3 FES and R Type Final both CIB. Two amazing and rare games, both in excellent condition.

Nintendo WiiU
    nemMHdf.jpg

New Super Luigi U sealed. Probably the rarest of all WiiU games, very sparsely produced and very rare, especially sealed.

I'm not expecting all of these to go (or hoping they do as some of them are my favourite things!) But if I get even 2 of them sold then we are getting on our way.

Thanks
  • Luigi caught my eye but looking at eBay prices I think it will be too much for me to justify.

It's your stuff and you can do what you like with it but are you sure you don't want to wait a bit until you can think a bit straighter on these?
    I would hate to see you regret letting something go.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If I don't sell them now, in the next few months, flight prices will rocket, and that's the main cost. Flora comes first.
  • Sadly Reg I'm not a collector so not sure these particular items are for me.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Noone wants to see you part with your stuff Reg. We'd all be much happier chipping in together and helping you through this difficult time.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    And that's really kind but there's serious guilt there because I'm not poor off and I know there are others on this forum who struggle from paycheck to paycheck. I'm looking to fund an extreme luxury for my wife.
  • Big props reg, I'm never been a serious collector but it's obvious how much this stuff means to you. Hope it's the the holiday of a lifetime and it'll undoubtedly be appreciated and make her feel loved.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Since I'll be completely away tomorrow, I thought I'd just put up the next set of stuff to see if it gets any interest. Hopefully so.

N64 Games

QcFsWiD.jpg

Pokémon Snap, Shadowman, Banjo Tooie and Smash. Quite rare games, all in excellent condition. Sad to look down the N64 stuff since the last time, but as long as they go to a good home.

Nintendo Gumpf

KPBnaqs.jpg

Project Rainfall coins - the mega rare coins gained from buying the last story, Pandora's tower and Xenoblade. At this point they're almost Nintendo lore.

3DS Game

daE8R80.jpg

Final Fantasy Explorers. More for the cover art and ost than the game, but does also come with a limited edition 3DS pouch.

I've got one more tier to go, but again, hopefully someone is interested in this.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I'd be interested in a lot of the Nintendo collectibles and the (3)DS stuff you've posted, but it's proper high end items so I wouldn't be able to offer you something reasonable for them.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Question for you guys.
    My wife needs access to a laptop to do all of her teacher planning and prep.
    I need to take the only working laptop (mine) away with me Monday to Friday whilst I’m training so she won’t have access to it until I get home Friday night.

Can anyone recommend a cheap place to get a basic windows laptop that she can run office on without me having to spend a fortune (we are skint as hell for a few more months whilst I pay off all the debts thanks to losing my job over Christmas) or does anyone have a suitable old laptop kicking about that they might be willing to offer cheaply?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • COINS!

Was gonna ask if you had them. I will pay top dollar.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Coins are taken. Sad to see them go but a badger has been lovely about it
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Can anyone recommend a cheap place to get a basic windows laptop that she can run office on without me having to spend a fortune?

Track down a Lenovo ThinkPad from a few years back. They won't cost the earth and are generally recognised to be nigh-on bulletproof.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Looks like following are gone -

Game and Watch
    Final fantasy
    Hotel Dusk
    Tingle
    DQ7

You people love the handheld stuff eh.

Also thank you to everyone who has been in contact, and just generally sending nice messages. Assuming above sells, I am like £200 off so we are getting there. If I have to *shudder* eBay then that'll do it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Confirmed Tingle is gone.
  • Without meaning to derail Martin's quest, I have 2 things for sale:

Original PlayStation 4 with Red Dead Redemption 2, Uncharted collection, Driveclub and Street Fighter V

Original PlayStation Portable, latest CFW with 32GB memory card loaded with PSP games, emulators and ROMS (you can of course add your own!).

PM me if interested, ta!

x

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!