Pokéthread
  • not sure if I mentioned it but i hit level 40
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    The main thing I'll take away from Let's Go Eevee is that Eevee isn't pronounced "ee-vee", but "ay-voi". Righto.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Is there any form of fast travel in this early on? Playing in co-op and all I can do is follow, don't want to be too strict with GO THIS WAY instructions with my daughter as she seems to enjoy wandering aimlessly around and ignoring all my suggestions. So we've traipsed all the way back from the thunder gym to the house we started in, but if I save now we'll restart in the original town.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Third gym is the thunder one, right? Surge?
    Spoiler:
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • That name rings a bell. Will keep an eye out, thanks.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    No problem. Near the Pokecenter, iirc.

In other news, the main reason I'm playing Go is to see/send gifts from cool places. Keep em coming, folks!
  • Can I have some newbie tips please? Talk to me like I've never played a Pokémon before (hello). I gather than the xp is attributed to all your whole active party ('pokemon in waiting'), but is it a roughly even split? Do the bench warmers get the same as the main two? I'm assuming the unused Pokédeck characters get nowt. The game has been a breeze so far, almost cheat code lack of resistance in co-op, but then the guy in Swirl's spoiler very nearly beat us. At least three of my party were wiped out with one hit each, including one of my big boys (flying character, so weak against thunder tho). Obviously we shpuld've been grinding a bit in between gyms, is this done mainly by catching Pokémon or is there another way? Catching seems to offer up as much XP as battling in recent areas.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I've hit a similar brick wall. Wondering how to grind, too: I guess just run around in the long grass and find random mons? I've fought everyone I've seen on the way, but latest rival fight is almost ten levels above me.
  • Yeah, catching as well as random battles, but since the random battles are finite catching is the best bet.

Look for the glowey ones as you can get exp boost from them, also I think catch combos help a great deal, so catching the same mon multiple times in a row.

This also leads to shinys and rarer mon popping up, which is nice.

Do be careful not to level up toooo much though, I made that mistake and most fights have been a bit too easy, even by Pokemon standards. Also for extra challenge, don’t use your Pikachu/Eevee. I keep him in my party as a backup, but try to use everyone else. My pika basically one shots everything.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is there any form of fast travel in this early on? Playing in co-op and all I can do is follow, don't want to be too strict with GO THIS WAY instructions with my daughter as she seems to enjoy wandering aimlessly around and ignoring all my suggestions. So we've traipsed all the way back from the thunder gym to the house we started in, but if I save now we'll restart in the original town.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Cheers, cosmic.
  • How do I bring up the world map in Pokemon Go?
  • Excuse me while i piss myself at Pokemon sleep lol
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    So announced in the press conference were:

Pokemon Home: seems to be a successor to Pokemon Bank that connects to Go, Bank and Switch.

Pokemon Sleep: Play Pokemon Go in your sleep!

Pokemon Masters: A mobile game developed with DeNA that features famous trainers from the series.

A direct sequel to the Detective Pikachu game on Switch that will resolve the cliffhanger ending of the first one.

Pokemon Shirts: they are planning to expand the custom Pokemon Shirts service to the USA and Europe.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Lol :D
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    THIS IS SERIOUS POKEBUSINESS BOB.
  • What's the gist of Pokemon Sleep?  The longer you sleep the more Pokemon you catch?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Pokemon Sleep sounds moronic, but I'll take the Detective Pikachu sequel with gusto.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm very excited for Pokemon Sleep! Finally I can engage with the Pokemon brand 24/7!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    How was the original Detective Pikachu on 3DS? I kinda want to play it now.

Pokémon home is nice, I've most of my Pokémon transferred to the 3ds Sapphire I think, even my first caught Groudon from Fire Red is there. I'm guessing you can transfer your Go and handheld Pokémon to the switch version? Won't see a reason to transfer them to mobile.

Sleep gets a new piece of hardware again, this time it's a pokeball +, adds an accelerometer so you can place it next to you at night. I wish Nintendo had also found a way to revive the vitality meter for sleep. I'd buy it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I loved Detective Pikachu on 3DS, but I wouldn't call it a challenge.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm fine with no challenge games.

Gonna keep an eye out for a (second hand) 2ds XL with at least one game I want, Detective Pikachu would be one.

Saw your shiny psyduck in Go, not jealous at all for that.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Saw your shiny psyduck in Go, not jealous at all for that.

The 2DS XL is a lovely bit of kit, but I do miss the 3D.

I actually caught him ages ago and totally forgot I had him. Decided to dig him out and let him stretch his legs. (Flippers? Wings?)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I loved Detective Pikachu on 3DS, but I wouldn't call it a challenge.

It's a visual novel in all but name
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ok that sold it to me.

Time to make a list with missed 3ds games I think and see if it's worth it to pick up a US machine.
  • Or just hack your 3DS to unlock the region thing. I'd seriously recommend hacking anyway, if for nothing else than to dump your carts and have them all on the system at once.

Which reminds me, I've got a case of old DSLites in the garage, I really need to get them sent to you!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Nina wrote:
    Ok that sold it to me.

Time to make a list with missed 3ds games I think and see if it's worth it to pick up a US machine.

https://kinjadeals.theinventory.com/gain-access-to-the-vast-3ds-ecosystem-for-just-60-1827834326?ks=streamshare

:D
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I saw that this morning... Gonna hold off for a bit an keep an eye out on Craigslist etc, at some point there must be one there with one of two games... Plus I can't decide on colour. My ds lite is pink, my 3ds is pink, my 3ds XL is red (monhun), my gba micro is purple and my gba sp is ice blue. I feel like none of the 2ds XL colours will go well with that, might need to look into Japanese editions and do what @Daddy says, mod it.

Didn't realize it would region unlock the device too. I'm not a big fan of dumping roms on there, as it'll mean I play everything 10 minutes and then get bored. I like the actual hunt for a game.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!