Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Being stabbed with an antique sabre is a cultural experience.
  • Greenwich is the nice respectable part of SE London, I like it and the noodle shop on the corner (you know the one) is great, greasy noodles.

@Moot is that record shop the one with the DVDs downstairs? If so yes, was in the a little while back with the gf and commented on the fine choice of country playing at the time. Must go back there at some point.

I also like the Greenwich Union pub.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Realising it's Sunday not Monday after literally leaping out of bed.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • A bit late but on yersel, Kaz. That's class.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Greenwich is the nice respectable part of SE London, I like it and the noodle shop on the corner (you know the one) is great, greasy noodles.

@Moot is that record shop the one with the DVDs downstairs? If so yes, was in the a little while back with the gf and commented on the fine choice of country playing at the time. Must go back there at some point.

I also like the Greenwich Union pub.

That's the one, stairs right next to the door.
  • I’ve got a fairly below average (in terms of UK) life, and I don’t ever seem to get anything or anywhere that I want, but I think despite my perceived moaning I am pretty cheerful and gregarious.

So tonight I grabbed sushi with a twitter pal
    who is a miniatures designer for GW, and we met Jes Goodwin and a bunch of other Forgwworld designers, and had beers and chatted about art and cinema and manga and warhammer. Might not be able to get a single pitch answered, and might get paid less per year than my old school
    pals paid out in tax last year, but I am
    glowing on the bus home. Probably the IPAs and the fever from the oncoming cold.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Good stuff tempo
  • You met Jez Goodwin?! That's awesome.
  • Next you'll be telling me you played Blood Bowl with Gav Thorpe.
  • Or kissed Steve Anastasoff.
  • Sounds like an awesome night Tempy.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    About time fortune gave you a solid, this and the PPI dosh - faith in karma restored!
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • That sounds like a pretty rad night Temps! May your PPI refund bless you with a large box of plastic mens.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • So I get home last night after a long day at work, mentally and emotionally exhausted, and the wife says “after dinner can we have a talk?”

Ruh roh. This cannot be good.

We sit through dinner and then she pauses the programme we’re enjoying and turns to face me.

I’m now beginning to sweat.

“So I was thinking, how would you feel if next week I took the boys and went to visit my sister for 5 days, leaving you here so you can get some rest after your night shifts?”

I tried to stop the huge fuck of grin on my face.

“You mean I’ll have to have the house to myself for 5 days? No early morning wake ups with the kids?
    Oh sweetheart, I’ll miss you guys... can we book the flights for you now in case they go up in price?! Can I help you pack?”

“Well you don’t have to look so excited!”

(In my head I’m working out if I can arrange a day or two annual leave at short notice so I can play Xbox all day)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Ha, such a precious reward.  It's your time, make the least of it.  

I'm the absolute don at pretending I'm gutted when the wife and Tilly head off to the caravan for parts of their school holidays.  She's the donness at making me jump through hoops for it anyway.  It works out quite well, especially if I blitz the blackboard checklist I'm left with on the first day.  

If I book a half day I head home at 9.30, usually to relax in the cafe for a bit before heading home for an uninterrupted snooze.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Ha, such a precious reward.  It's your time, make the least of it.  

I'm the absolute don at pretending I'm gutted when the wife and Tilly head off to the caravan for parts of their school holidays.  She's the donness at making me jump through hoops for it anyway.  It works out quite well, especially if I blitz the blackboard checklist I'm left with on the first day.  

If I book a half day I head home at 9.30, usually to relax in the cafe for a bit before heading home for an uninterrupted snooze.

This is what I’m happy about, no list this time!
    It’s the best, time alone is so precious and rare that I’m going to savour every second of it.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I know that feeling.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I remember dropping Wifey off at the airport with baby no.1 - maybe 6 months old - who was off to visit her sister in England - and I had a long weekend to myself for the first time since she was born.

Driving home with the Pogues on the sound system at full blast with the biggest stuipidist grin on my face. I ended up doing very little but it was joyous.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Mrs poprock is going on holiday with her girl pals later this week. I’m getting a whole week to myself. Might even make it on for Friday Night Forza.
  • I had 6 days to myself over Christmas/New Years period.
    It was glorious. Spent the first three days in the house, bound to the sofa watching movie after movie and playing hours of AC Odyssey
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Mrs poprock is going on holiday with her girl pals later this week. I’m getting a whole week to myself. Might even make it on for Friday Night Forza.

Wifey does this a couple of times a year now. And the daughters are now 19 and 20 so I hardly see them at weekends.  

There's still that great buzz of expectation when it happens even though quite often I end up doing feck all. Knowing I could if I wanted to is what it's all about. :)

It usually equates to getting to play music and video games at high volumes and occasionally getting pissed with my mates.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I'm only allowed to watch proper horror films in the house when they're not in it, so I usually binge on supernatural chillers while eating like Elvis.
  • I’m going to a couple of gigs, I’m going to play Forza, and I’m going to watch TV shows my wife doesn’t like. It’s not exactly rock and roll, but I like it.

(I’ll miss her, though.)
  • Unconditional Offer on my Masters
  • Tempy wrote:
    Unconditional Offer on my Masters

Fucking get in!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yay :-D

Can you remind me what it's in, cos I done forgot :-/
  • Tempy wrote:
    Unconditional Offer on my Masters

BOOM.

Tempy drops a bomb on the thread.
  • All coming up Temps
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Congrats T, you deserve some good things coming your way at last.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!