Fire Emblem: Three Houses (26th July, Switch)
  • I usually pick the female char but alliance and Leicester is too close to my heart.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Stupid upside down yellow man has made me angry every time I looked at the box art so I'm not picking him.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    WHY IS HE UPSIDE DOWN?!?!
  • Edelgard reminded me too much of a knock-off Selvaria from Valkryia Chronicles to really appeal. Maybe on the second playthrough.
  • Just finished it with Edelgard. It was a good final battle and ending. Was surprised how soon the finale came round, and only 45 hours on the clock at the end. I guess I didn't spend loads of time levelling up relationships and training units outside the main missions, which might account for some of the 80 hour completion times I've seen mentioned.

Interesting detail re relationships, which is politically progressive and rare to see in Japanese games especially:
    Spoiler:
  • But according to other reviewers,
    Spoiler:
  • It wouldn't be the first game to do most of the leg-work and then bottle it at the end - Persona 4 did it with Kanji and Naoto. Generally, I'll take progress while still pointing out dissatisfaction.
  • It wouldn't be the first game to do most of the leg-work and then bottle it at the end - Persona 4 did it with Kanji and Naoto. Generally, I'll take progress while still pointing out dissatisfaction.

Wha???

Where’s the internet bullshit outrage?
    You know the rules and if things don’t go exactly as you want them to then you need to call it out. Furiously.

***Caveat. That’s actually super lame if they don’t let the little computer men stay gay.
  • I'm going Black Eagle.
    Wha??? Where’s the internet bullshit outrage? You know the rules and if things don’t go exactly as you want them to then you need to call it out. Furiously. ***Caveat. That’s actually super lame if they don’t let the little computer men stay gay.

Well it's not about titties so there's only queer people saying they are a bit dissapointed in the game intead of dog-piling on games journalists for forcing developers to remove all breasts from their new game about 12 year old school girls or whatever
  • Tempy wrote:
    But according to other reviewers,
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, just reading about that a bit, and from what I can gather there is
    Spoiler:
  • Tempy wrote:
    It wouldn't be the first game to do most of the leg-work and then bottle it at the end - Persona 4 did it with Kanji and Naoto. Generally, I'll take progress while still pointing out dissatisfaction.
    Wha??? Where’s the internet bullshit outrage? You know the rules and if things don’t go exactly as you want them to then you need to call it out. Furiously. ***Caveat. That’s actually super lame if they don’t let the little computer men stay gay.

Well it's not about titties so there's only queer people saying they are a bit dissapointed in the game intead of dog-piling on games journalists for forcing developers to remove all breasts from their new game about 12 year old school girls or whatever

Sorry, I was trying to point out that Cintys reaction seemed balanced and accepting of a silly situation and a frankly bizarre dev decision. Wasn’t a dig at you or a confirmation of gammon bias on my half just a reaction to someone accepting small positives and hoping to see more in the future.
  • Tempy wrote:
    It wouldn't be the first game to do most of the leg-work and then bottle it at the end - Persona 4 did it with Kanji and Naoto. Generally, I'll take progress while still pointing out dissatisfaction.
    Sorry, I was trying to point out that Cintys reaction seemed balanced and accepting of a silly situation and a frankly bizarre dev decision. Wasn’t a dig at you or a confirmation of gammon bias on my half just a reaction to someone accepting small positives and hoping to see more in the future.

I think Tempy was doing the same. Just more sarcastically. I wouldn't worry.
  • TBH I think I'm used to such low standards with how relationships and sex are treated in Japanese games that it seems impressive to see any level of maturity at all.
  • Just got this
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Tempy wrote:
    I think Tempy was doing the same. Just more sarcastically. I wouldn't worry.

Yeah it wasn't a dig at you, more an acknowledgement of how of base the typical "hysterical SJW gamers banned bras!" thing you see usually is.
  • I'm also made up at the fact that the default protag name is an anagram of my own. Had initially assumed there was some dodgy auto-generation-based-on-personal-details thing going on. Thanks Nintendo.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Sounds like male protag might be getting recast as Nintendo are distancing themselves from the voice actor. They have redubbed him in the mobile game and may end up redubbing them in Three Houses when they do the voice work for the DLC, not clear yet.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've spent like 5 minutes looking at the Casual vs Classic choice.
  • I do that every time. Classic with regen or casual with permadeath is the big decision.
  • Always permadeath.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Always permadeath.

• I go ultra-permadeath. Full team wipe = destroy switch and buy a new one.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I went for the Total Coward option.
    Get schwifty.
  • I go out and kill a random stranger.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I don't think the Casual vs Classic thing really even matters anymore. If you really don't want to lose someone just rewind. Or worst comes to worst restart the map.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've gone for Casual. I've done Classic since Awakening and not finished any of them so perhaps it will encourage me to get to the end. Can always do one of the other paths on Hard Classic after.
  • I go ultra-permadeath. Full team wipe = destroy switch and buy a new one.

Lol
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I went Alliance and Leicester.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’m beginning to feel like the only one who didn’t go with the Alliance. I went with the Blue Lions.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!