Final Fantasy - General
  • MattyJ wrote:
    It comes from a desire to not want to just retread the original, which I get, but I don't see currently how it gives them much interesting to work with. You have these strong characters that they really build up well in this game, and then they escalate things so rapidly that I think they lose that facet.
    Spoiler:
    I'd forgotten that about the original,
    Spoiler:

Yep. It's certainly one way to do things, I just don't know if it's a very interesting one.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Spoiler:
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I have no issue with that boss in question, it’s a totally fine addition not least because it gives us the best version of the best FF7 track
  • Shit yeah had a massive grin during that particular fight.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I think part of the issue is the unknown time until the next one. They could've set up the ending in a brilliant way if they knew there was a part 2 coming in 3 years. Don't have all the extra stuff with
    Spoiler:
  • Finding it annoying that all my characters are at level 50 but still need to grind the HP+ materia to hit 9999 health.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Final Fantasy XV book will be out in a couple of days. After 14 years the journey will finally be over.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’m playing Final Fantasy!...XIII!...2!

I’ve always liked this one.  While I came to grudging terms with XIII eventually, and liked it for what it was, I liked this game instantly, and still do it turns out.  Lots of customisation, slightly less linear, and two protags I don’t want to strangle immediately.  Noel especially, thanks in no small part to some decent voice acting by whoever it is.

Also, those Xbox emulation peeps are wizards.  It looks beautiful on the Xbox X.
    Get schwifty.
  • I bounced off XIII-2. Didn’t enjoy it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Well, I completed 7 remake.
    Spoiler:
    I'd intended to go for the platinum, as I love the original, I'm interested in the next episode but uninstalled straight away which I rarely do. My biggest non-spoiler problem was with the padding but that had little to no relevance to the expansion of the story.
    For example, why introduce a whole new dimension to Avalanche and yet not explore this more deeply in the side quests? What we got was a lot of busy work. Then there was all the stuff that seemed to have been moved wholesale from Cloud's recount later on in Kalm and was done a whole lot better in the original.

And the combat vs aerial enemies.... ugh.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I bounced off XIII-2. Didn’t enjoy it.

How quickly did you bounce?  It really picks up after a while.  I mean the story’s shit, but then all Final Fantasy stories are shit.  But the gameplay gets good.  Except for those clock face puzzles.  I remember hating those.  Haven’t come up against one of those yet.
    Get schwifty.
  • At first battle with Caius. I was doing something wrong as couldn’t beat him and then couldn’t be bothered.

I still have the game (on PS3) and was thinking of trying again as I do love my Final Fantasies.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Digital Foundry tested FFVIIR with an £800 Samsung SSD drive and found it improved some of the texture streaming issues. So now you know the best way to play.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    On a PS5 next year.
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Digital Foundry tested FFVIIR with an £800 Samsung SSD drive and found it improved some of the texture streaming issues. So now you know the best way to play.

I'm trying to remember if I noticed any issues when playing and don't think I did tbh. On ps4 pro.

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    On a PS5 next year.

It's the best way to play it NOW!! Why wait when you can spend £800 for the best experience in 2020??
    MattyJ wrote:
    I'm trying to remember if I noticed any issues when playing and don't think I did tbh. On ps4 pro.

You did because they showed it with a normal HD in the video, you just forgot. Or maybe you're pretending you didn't notice to cheap out of getting a £800 SSD. Well no excuses Matty!! Time to splash the cash.
  • Well guess that's it, get the credit card out
  • In other news I started XII Zodiac Age on Switch as it was in the sale. Really enjoying it, the extra speed definitely an improvement and everything is a lot smoother than it was on ps2. New licence board structure is cool, despite the brief panic over choosing the right role for people.

Great to be back in Ivalice.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've been thinking about going back to FFXII for the sub-content (finished the game). Might be nice to roam around during lockdown.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    I've been thinking about going back to FFXII for the sub-content (finished the game). Might be nice to roam around during lockdown.

I started a new game a few days ago.  Just arrived at the Henne Mines.
    Get schwifty.
  • I almost certainly paid too much money for these (before realising they sold them in the uk squeenix store and being told by playasia they can’t refund...)

BUT OMG ADORBS

0-E928-D54-781-A-4-DB5-BD65-65-DE40531-EA5.jpg
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I just checked what happened to mine and they seem to have been delayed to September in the UK store.
  • Yes! Worth the extra £20 Shipping and customs!

...maybe not. I did find my old olly moss print though, that’ll go nice with them.

0-EE2683-C-68-F9-4-EC0-AEE4-AB0-F761959-D3.jpg
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I almost certainly paid too much money for these (before realising they sold them in the uk squeenix store and being told by playasia they can’t refund...)

BUT OMG ADORBS

0-E928-D54-781-A-4-DB5-BD65-65-DE40531-EA5.jpg

These are excellent
  • Agreed, they look awesome.

Did you get those in the 8 - blind box set?  If so, do you know if you're guaranteed to get those 7 figures?  Or if it's complete luck and you might end up with a few of the same figure.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • THAT'S how these characters are meant to look!
    But no Cid, Vincent, Yuffie, Rude or Tseng?
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Yeah it was the box of 8. I’m not sure if you are guaranteed the full set of 7 or not, I got all 7 and one double (rather than the chase figure). Either I was lucky or that’s every box set? I suppose you could end up with more than one double?

Hopefully this is just ‘series 1’.

Chase figure:
  • Cheers for that.  Getting all 7 is pretty promising.

Nearly bit the bullet on Play-Asia, as there's a couple of games I wouldn't mind getting on there.  But the shipping + taxes sent the price from 'just barely justifiable' to 'waaay too much' - Will hold off and hope from a proper Australian release.  Oh well.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • For someone who has played a minimal amount of Final Fantasy over the years, I have an inordinate fondness for the franchise. I think it's from playing 6 & 7 at that early teen stage where things stay with you forever.

I've just started 15 and it's very enjoyable so far. Look forward to picking up FF7:Remake at some stage.

The soundtracks in these things are just fucking stellar.
  • Possibly my favourite game series in terms of ‘fondness’ and memories. Not the best overall - clearly that would be Zelda! :)

There’s just something about a FF game. I literally yelled with joy at the FFXVI reveal even though it’s ‘just another FF’ which may just end up being another inferior instalment after the mighty XII.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!