Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Watching Three Billboards more than once it gets better on a rewatch. You aren’t looking for the arc you focus more on the characters and it’s a better film for it. Agree that the ending is satisfying without being explicit.
  • 2. LotR - The Two Towers [8]
    3. Lotr - Return of the King [7]
    4. Smokie and the Bandit [8]
    5. Green Street [2]

Trying to catch up. Never seen Smokie before, of its time in a ton of ways but a hoot. Green Street is piss.

Morning edit: trying to catch up with what I've watched rather than keep pace with the swift viewers I mean.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Still need to watch Return of The King in 4K. Have to say I have a soft spot for it. I get that people don’t like the multiple endings, but I think it works. You’ve spent hours with these characters pretty much suffering all the way and to spend a fair bit of time with them in the good times for me isn’t a bad thing.
  • 3. Tales from the Darkside: The Movie
    First off if 1990 Debbie Harry wants to lock me in a cage then eat me I am fine with that, this kid doesn't know his luck.
    Whats interesting straight away is how the star power falls off a cliff.
    Story 1 has Buscemi, Julliane Moore and Christian Slater.

Story 2 the cigar smoking uncle from Christmas Vacation (he narrates in that voice as well) and the bell ringing wheelchair guy from Breaking Bad.

Story 3 the fella from the tail end of the Saw franchise and an actress from the Cosby show who protested topless at his trial.

Story 1 was dull and oddly paced.
    Story 2 just odd yet also dull but at least finished with some juicy fx that one expects from these kind of movies.
    Story 3 the effects step up again but also include a demon that has that same costume feel as the Turtles did around the same sort of time.

Overall crap.
    Stick to Tales from the Crypt which beats this even though one story is about a bin bag in a lake.

A longer review than intended but its 3 stories bookended.
  • 4. The Naked Gun
    Still hilarious.
  • 5. Rubber
    Sentient psycho-kinetic car tyre kills.
  • 4. The Great Outdoors
    Not as funny as I remember it being, but still a classic bit of John Candy and the kids loved it. 7

5. Baskin
    Turkish horror movie in which 5 cops in a transit van somehow end up in the middle of a black mass and then actual hell. It's as extraordinarily unpleasant, freakish and horrific as a trip to hell should be. I'm not sure I enjoyed it, but it's quite a striking and extremely unsettling watch. 7
    Gamertag: gremill
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    1. Downfall Was gifted the BluRay of this at Christmas. I watched the DVD many years ago. Still a brilliant work. The impression of chaos and collapse is conveyed brilliantly. The meme scene when viewed as part of this film is immune to any smirks or comedic thoughts. Bruno Ganz is spellbinding in the lead. Technically the scenes of combat, destruction and death are excellent, but no scene is as harrowing as the infanticide of the Goebbels' children.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Rubber and Baskin.

Solid choices there lads
  • 4. Wonder Woman 84
    Ooft. Come on DC, time to do better. I was so confused about what and why and more why throughout. All score points are for Chris Pine being charming and funny
    [3]
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    7. The Imitation Game - Benedict on top form as Alan Turing, with some solid supporting actors. Certain there was dramatic liberty, but the truth of a hero not being recognised for decades because of his sexual orientation is another British embarrassment.
  • 8. Deceived
    Formulaic early 90s run of the mill devious husband wronged woman thriller with Goldie Hawn and John 'Kevin' Home Alone' McAllister's dad' Heard. 5
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • 1: The Dry 6/10

This has been getting rave reviews locally.  Probably because it's one of the few non Mad Max Australian films that isn't shit.  It's an okay adaptation of the popular page turner novel.  The actors are quite good.  Especially Eric Bana, and the bloke who plays Grant.  Grant is a country asshole who will see you in a pub, say 'what're you looking at?' even if you're not looking at him, and bash you no matter what you reply with.  The actor does this very convincingly.  I don't remember much else about the film.

2: I'm Gonna Git You Sucka 8/10

Quality little Naked Gun style spoof.  Not all the jokes land but I had fond memories and it mostly held up.  Young Chris Rock steals the show with 30 seconds of dynamite.

3: Ernest Goes To Jail 2/10

Very tough going here.  I liked one gag where Evil Ernest threw Good Ernest's jack russell in the garbage, and Good Ernest said 'why would you throw out a perfectly good dog?' when he rescued it.  

I remembered June Diane Raphael from the How Did This Get Made Podcast thought Evil Ernest was a freaking stud.  People agree that he is weirdly hot.  I couldn't tell what made him so sexy; he didn't do much for me.  PS Angry Video Game Nerd says this is one of his favourite comedies.  He has played too many shithouse NES games IMO
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    8. Cloud Atlas - flawed attempt at an epic. There is something about it that I still enjoy having watched it a few times. Broadbent’s caper being the highlight. But I want to like it more than I actually do.
  • Hmmm, my thoughts when I watched it. Haven’t been in for a rewatch, worried I’ll like it even less.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I like how they filmed the San Francisco scenes half in actual SF and half in Glasgow. You can literally watch them cut back and forth between left and right of the same street in the film, knowing it’s on two different sides of the world.
  • I really enjoyed Cloud Atlas at the time and would like to rewatch. Watched back to back with Tree of Life which I enjoyed too. That was a late evening.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • 4: Dora and the Lost City of Gold 6/10

Good clean wholesome fun for the whole family.  Probably.  I watched it alone; my friend lent me his daughter's copy as a joke after I talked up Gravity Falls to him once too often.  But the joke's on him; Dora is quite good.  Light, easy watch with a few decent gags and a good message.  Just be yourself.  That's what's really cool.
  • It works remarkably well doesn't it? Like a tomb raider lite.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • It is!  Was a nice surprise.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Can you say 'neurotoxicity'?
  • 6. Animal Farm
    Animal farm innit. We still don't get it. Animation is good for non-Disney and the era.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    9. 1917 - the war film I didn’t know I wanted to watch. Spent the first 30 minutes concentrating on spotting the clever edits before letting that wash away and watch a genuinely surprising film with no idea about where it would go, enjoying the story and main characters throughout. Glad I missed the hype.
  • 6. David Bowie: 5 Years
    Doco covering 5 key years in his career, using unseen footage and interviews with him and his closest friends and colleagues. Great stuff. 8

7. David Bowie: The Last 5 Years
    Companion piece to the above, using the same format. Touching and lovely portrayal of a legend. 8
    Gamertag: gremill
  • 9. Nightmare Beach
    Apeshit leatherclad helmet biker nutjob bothers springbreakers in this entertainingly bad late 80s Italian American slasher cheesefest. 6

Top notch poster too.

71YBTA85QuL._SX300_.jpg
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • That is a cracking poster.
  • Widows
    Widows of criminal husbands band together to pull off a heist. Subtle performances, restrained cinematography, and an unnecessary twist at the end. Solid stuff, nonetheless.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!