Playstation 5 - It's For The Payers
  • Raiziel wrote:
    There was nothing there for me except FFVII, which I held off on last gen as I was positive it’d get a next gen lick of paint. It doesn’t really matter to me though, as there are many late gen PS4 games I haven’t yet played (The Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, Spider-man, God of War). When I do get a PS5 I’ll take Ratchet & Clank and be bloody happy about it.

That's 5 of the best games of last gen, arguably god of war is an all timer.
    I wouldn't worry, there's plenty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It's only Tuesday when Yakuza: Like A Dragon is gonna release on PS5 including the free PS4 upgrade (no save transfer though, boo!).
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • So if I get a PS4 disc copy of Yakuza (seems to be about £35) can I upgrade it to the PS5 version? And is that then digital?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I was in two minds about waiting for a PS5 to play TLOU2 as it's bound to get an update, but a solid 30fps is fine for a cinematic experience so I'm glad I dived it. It looks astonishingly good, AAA game of the gen for me for sure, in terms of visuals. I'll wait for 60fps for Tsushima because I'd imagine the combat would benefit from the double churned butteriness.

I played through TLOU remastered on PS4 @ 30fps for exactly that reason. Felt more cinematic. You are spot on about Ghost too. Defo go 60fps with that. Transformative.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    So if I get a PS4 disc copy of Yakuza (seems to be about £35) can I upgrade it to the PS5 version? And is that then digital?

No, you'll still need to use the PS4 disc.
  • But the upgrade bits fine? So probably the cheapest way to get the ps5 version?
  • Can't believe anyone's complaining about the FFVII thing. It's a highly-rated AAA game that came out less than a year ago!

If you like it after getting it for the cost of a month's PS+ (along with 3 other games, one a new release that actually looks good), maybe buy it next time it's on sale and get the free upgrade.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Now anyone who downloads it won’t be able to buy the PS4 version as they’ll own it, which means they’ll have to buy the PS5 version outright and give Sony an extra tenner.
    I don't think this is the case BTW. I'm pretty sure you can still buy anything you've got from PS+. You certainly can if you let your subscription lapse at any rate.
  • Technically I think that’s right; I have this weird thing going on with SotC though where I want to sell the disc, but it won’t recognise that I can DL the PS+ version because it says I’ve already got it.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    But the upgrade bits fine? So probably the cheapest way to get the ps5 version?

If you can grab the Day Ichi version with the Steelbook, the PS5 version doesn't have one of those so you'll be better off.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'll wait for 60fps for Tsushima because I'd imagine the combat would benefit from the double churned butteriness.

The Last Guardian also runs at 60 from disc on PS5, whereas the digitals are locked at 30.
  • JonB wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Now anyone who downloads it won’t be able to buy the PS4 version as they’ll own it, which means they’ll have to buy the PS5 version outright and give Sony an extra tenner.
    I don't think this is the case BTW. I'm pretty sure you can still buy anything you've got from PS+. You certainly can if you let your subscription lapse at any rate.

Also I don’t think it’s been mentioned, but the ‘PS5 standard version’ is just the game plus the Yuffie DLC. The PS4 version can be upgraded but you’ll need to pay for the Yuffie DLC separately. Hence why the PS5 version is £10 more.

Also doesn’t look like there’a a physical edition at all, only digital. I also don’t think it’ll be a separate game/download, probably just extra options to the original game menu...

Very excited though! Also I gave my older bro my PS4 and he wanted to borrow FF7R but I wanted to keep hold of it to finish some trophies etc. Now I get to just add to my library and he can download it, so that’s nice.

I am more excited by that iOS version of FF7 and Crisis Core though... if that is turn based battles I see then SIGN ME UP!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You can also not "buy" the PS4 version next month, if you're so anti it. And then buy the normal digital version when you do.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    No, there's a separate physical for the PS5 version, just no deluxe editions. It's a separate game on the console as well not just a PS5 mode on the PS4 game. You have to upload your PS4 save and then download it in the PS5 version for the cross-save to work.
  • aBZv8SQ.gif
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm two worlds down (I did 1 then 3 what a momo), 100%ed in Astrobot, and have just discovered the gatcha machine in the Labo and that is rather satisfying.

With Bugsnax, Miles, Sackboy, Maneater, Control Ultimate, and Destruction thingie I've got loads of actual real games to play, but here's me gasping to get back to the Alex Kidd of the PS5.

What a game. This would have utterly topped my 2020 list if I had got at it then. Phenomenal scenes of platforming and the biggest challenge to Mr Plumber I've seen yet. I really need to play that VR one..
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s an amazing game. Rumour is they are working on a full one. They definitely have said Astro will return.

I’ve had the VR one since it came out. Can’t believe I never played it and sold my PSVR. Good enough reason to get PSVR2.

In other news The Last Campfire is bloody lovely. Did the first world 100% last night in one go. Not particularly difficult but I did spend quite a while going around and around the pond before realising the answers wasn’t there. Love the narration as well, there’s something nice about how her voice works with the setting.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    No, there's a separate physical for the PS5 version, just no deluxe editions. It's a separate game on the console as well not just a PS5 mode on the PS4 game. You have to upload your PS4 save and then download it in the PS5 version for the cross-save to work.

Ah my mistake, I just assumed because they sent me a link to preorders and physical was greyed out. Guess they just haven't put any on sale yet.
  • You can borrow it if you like? Winky but not winky, the offer's there.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I'm two worlds down (I did 1 then 3 what a momo), 100%ed in Astrobot, and have just discovered the gatcha machine in the Labo and that is rather satisfying.

With Bugsnax, Miles, Sackboy, Maneater, Control Ultimate, and Destruction thingie I've got loads of actual real games to play, but here's me gasping to get back to the Alex Kidd of the PS5.

What a game. This would have utterly topped my 2020 list if I had got at it then. Phenomenal scenes of platforming and the biggest challenge to Mr Plumber I've seen yet. I really need to play that VR one..

It's the perfect pack in. Shows all the pads potential and delivers a joyous hit of nostalgia. Just a great game and gets the ps5 off to a flying start.

You absolutely need to play Astro Bot Rescue Mission Reg. The closet thing I can liken it to is when Mario hit 3d on the N64.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    You can borrow it if you like? Winky but not winky, the offer's there.

No worries mate. I’ve got more than enough to play at the moment. But thanks for the offer :-)
  • Astro PS5 is brilliant but the VR one is mouth wide open awe.
  • It's so very nearly a 10. Best exclusive on PS4.
  • Must be time for wild PSVR v1 discounts clearing stock eh?
  • Is there any news on the PS5VR being b/c yet?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s got to be. I mean Sony have just given away a free VR game. It’s not like they’d make you pay for a PS5VR version

*ducks*
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    This is a much better Deathloop trailer:

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    While Deathloop is absolutely not for me, I did enjoy that State of Play trailer with its very own Bond theme.
    Get schwifty.
  • What's the score with Deathloop. Is it a Roguelike? The videos make it look more multi-player focussed to me, but wondering what this loop thing is about.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!